Water Damage Repair?

Reaction score
Has anyone successfully repaired a drone with water damage. My P4 A lost lock in a canyon and appeared to drift into a cliff, then fell in a creek (Fresh water). After I retrieved it , I dried it out as carefully as I could, then took it apart and got all visible water I could reach and then put it in front of a fan. the camera gimbal board and camera board were dry.The battery had popped out on impact. I need 4 motors, a shell and I don't what else to put back together. I am thinking about making a board water wash solution to dip the boards (alcohol and DI water). DJI won't repair. I am looking at 3 weeks since crash.

I've seen the DJI assembly and teardown videos and it seem doable to this .

Worth it ?

Won't be primary Aircraft.

Here is the flight log if anyone has any input.

I flew a P2V into a lake in March of 2014. I lost the camera as it was ripped off in the crash, and the battery. I had it flying again in 24hours. Bought a replacement camera and a RP gimbal. However, it slowly over time became more and more erratic. I ended up changing out the IMU and now it's fine. I did change the motors because there was a slight amount of rust even though they still worked. Still flies today!

The P4 is quite different and I've not been inside mine. Generally, most electronics are sealed. The IMU in the P2 is in a box that can allow water in. I don't know the configuration of the boards in the P4. (Hope I don't need to either)

Geo

You should be able to rinse the electronics with distilled water. Rise really well. The reason to do this is to wash out all minerals. Once you are sure you have rinsed it well you can power it up. As long as all minerals are washed out you won't have to wait for it to dry out. Distilled water cannot conduct electricity. It's the minerals in regular water that conducts electricity.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik