Water Damage? Phantom motors won't sync...

Reaction score
I'm new to drone flying and, in a series of unfortunate events, my phantom 2 ended up in the bottom of the river for about an hour. I followed all the advice I could find and dried everything out for a few days.
The phantom turns on fine. But when I try to take off, the blades on one side go faster than the other and it flips. I thought one side of the drone was burnt out (like the motors or the ESC's) but then I tested it a few more times and the same thing happened from the other side. Here's a video to better explain:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
I'm up for any suggestions, but I haven't done much yet because I would rather try a cheap option before I go out and buy new parts. Thanks.

I'm new to drone flying and, in a series of unfortunate events, my phantom 2 ended up in the bottom of the river for about an hour. I followed all the advice I could find and dried everything out for a few days.
The phantom turns on fine. But when I try to take off, the blades on one side go faster than the other and it flips. I thought one side of the drone was burnt out (like the motors or the ESC's) but then I tested it a few more times and the same thing happened from the other side. Here's a video to better explain:
I'm up for any suggestions, but I haven't done much yet because I would rather try a cheap option before I go out and buy new parts. Thanks.

From what I see it appears that your using more then the left stick to takeoff. Just push the left stick forward quickly get about 4 to 6 feet in air and let go of the stick.

Before hand re-calibrate both the RC/P2 and be sure to do advanced IMU calibration on a level surface as well. Then calibrate the compass and you should be good to go.

Nope. That's from only using the left stick. And I barely nudged it.
I will try the IMU calibration and let you know how it goes.

I did all the calibrations recommended but I'm still having the same problem. Any other suggestions?
Thanks!

Nope. That's from only using the left stick. And I barely nudged it.
I will try the IMU calibration and let you know how it goes.

Quite ***** footing with the left stick and push it forward fast when the craft 5 feet in the air let off the stick.

I pushed the left stick forward fast but it did the same thing.

Hookup the RC unit to the assistant software and make sure it's in mode 2 then re-calibrate the unit. Do the same thing to the P2 and make sure all the sticks are in normal that none are in reverse then re-calibrate and also do the advanced IMU cal. If you still have the same problem after all the calibrations find a repair shop.

edit: just realised this an old thread... but for documentary purposes:

Check your M1-M4 cable that's plugged into your NAZA. I think you plugged it upside down when you re-assembled. The motors are given retarded/reversed/flipped commands and when thrust is applied you get the instant flip.

edit: just realised this an old thread... but for documentary purposes:

Check your M1-M4 cable that's plugged into your NAZA. I think you plugged it upside down when you re-assembled. The motors are given retarded/reversed/flipped commands and when thrust is applied you get the instant flip.

Those sockets are indexed so it would be very difficult to plug M1 & M2 plug them in wrong

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic