Watch "Dji phantom London airport" on YouTube

I live in London and would never do that. Why? Not only is it illegal but what happens if there is a compass error? With all the radar sensors I am so surprised a compass error didn't occur. Plus the fact planes would be halted and diverted if the airport picked up a flying object nearby. What an idiot for flying this... Just what is needed with terrorists plotting against us. Guy should be banned for flying drones

Sent from my Power using PhantomPilots mobile app
Pot calling the kettle black comes to mind....remember this?

Reactions: V tail
This idiot needs a firmware update in his tiny brain.

new account, 4 posts, 4 threads all this. Sounds like someone who is trying to cause problems and create an issue and then publicize it. This looks like a plant to me, except who the eff is this dumb?

This was done 5 years ago it being on YouTube for about 1 year people still go over that field with RC planes . I live 1000 m away from the airport and as you no it a no fly zone .that why I now go more into Essex. Now.

Sent from my B1-810 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Let's all remember it's one jackass!
I think 99 percent of us care for this hobby
And I hope people on the outside of this hobby
Will see we are critical and call out people on the
Inside when they do wrong.

Sent from my LGUS991 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Even though I do agree, it doesn't matter... as soon as the word "drone" comes out, it's all over. The public only hears the bad, not the good. So things like this just adds fuel to the fire, whether they get called out or not... I mention to people that I have a drone, and this is what I get:

"Oh..... you have a drone???" Over the summer I had to fly my P3P for friends of my sister-in-law to prove to them how they work. They did change their minds after seeing it, but most don't have that luxury... they only go by what they hear on TV or online... Sad...

Reactions: Digdat0
To be rather direct, I couldn't give a hoot if it's 1cm or 1000cm, 1 foot or 1000 foot and haven't the will or the time to analyse semantics of near misses. To the general public, it was a drone. A radio report on BFBS stated today, clearly there is no regulations or rules. Well there is but there are also a bunch of know it all idiots who think they are clever by flying in a dangerous manner under the illustrations illusion that because they spent their life savings on a drone they can do as they please. It's only a matter of time until forums like this will become redundant because drones for public use will be banned, and I'm sure this elite group of t0$$er will move on to the next stage of evolution and by a box of crayons to play with. Boggles the mind it really does.

Sent from my F3311 using PhantomPilots mobile app
Couldn't agree more.

All these near misses with planes are fools flying to close to a airport or flying too high next to a airport.
Tip stay away from airports and keep it under 400ft.

All these near misses with planes are fools flying to close to a airport or flying too high next to a airport.
Tip stay away from airports and keep it under 400ft.
....except for the latest one of course, as that was flying at 4900ft... yeah, of course it was....

Reactions: Digdat0
Is that anywhere near an airport ????

Not an airport, but probably illegal just the same. Have you read up on you local laws yet, or are you flying wherever and whenever you want? Seems like London would be very hard to fly over where there isn't restricted airspace. You may need a new hobby.

Remember the authorities are calling any unknown object these days possible drones giving the hobby a black eye without even confirming these close calls are actually consumer drones. Recent near miss in Toronto Canada was an "round" or oval object at over 9000 Ft , pilots first thought it was a weather balloon but was immediately dismissed from the regions weather bureau. SO immediately they blame it on drone..I have not seen any new updates on the case but for me this is a clear UFO.. but now media, government entities, etc can blame consumer drones ..sucks really!

Bottom line is that if you genuinely love flying drones, and want to be free to do so, then follow the rules and be safe. Never support breaking the rules as you will be judged by your peers. It seems simple and sensible to me.

Sent from my F3311 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Static8
With all the radar sensors I am so surprised a compass error didn't occur.

1) radar and compass are not related
2) actual aircrafts land and take off from airports. It would be bad for the ground equipments to mess with their instruments.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Is that anywhere near an airport ????

No, it's not near an airport....but you started off your post by saying " I would never do that. Why? Not only is it illegal....", giving the impression that you think we should follow the rules. Every video you have put up on Youtube is illegal...you've been flying over 400'...you're way out of line of sight...you're flying over densely populated areas...you're flying Litchi missions where you have no control of the aircraft -( and you've already had one lucky escape)-. You say 'What if he had a compass error....'. Well, what if you had a compass error, or lost a motor and your drone fell onto someone in Bromley High Street?
I'm not trying to pick a fight, but maybe you should consider your own operations before saying the guy should be banned for flying drones. That's why I said it'a a case of the pot calling the kettle black.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj