Warnings on screen

Reaction score
I am flying and always receive a warning saying strong interference detected. Also strong wireless interference. I’m not near any power lines etc. Any ideas or suggestions? See attached photo of my screen. Thanks.

Attachments

• 9845D034-C6F2-420C-B2F3-0421AE7517EF.png
    9845D034-C6F2-420C-B2F3-0421AE7517EF.png
    7.4 MB · Views: 487
I am flying and always receive a warning saying strong interference detected. Also strong wireless interference. I’m not near any power lines etc. Any ideas or suggestions? See attached photo of my screen. Thanks.
What's your flying environment like?
If there are buildings around, there will be interference.

Interference is measured as noise to signal ratio. If the signal is weak, you might see high interference or if the external noise is high, you will see the same.

You got to figure out what’s causing interference. I’m right now ruling out any hw or FW issues.

Interference is measured as noise to signal ratio. If the signal is weak, you might see high interference or if the external noise is high, you will see the same.

You got to figure out what’s causing interference. I’m right now ruling out any hw or FW issues.

there is a neighbor that does HAM radio out of his home. Could that be it?

This happens to me all the time no matter where I fly, using the DJI go app. If I use Litchi this never happens. Not sure why

Reactions: jah_josh
This happens to me all the time no matter where I fly, using the DJI go app. If I use Litchi this never happens. Not sure why
It's possible Litchi isn't looking at the same parameters as the Go Ap. Only so much is "given" to Litchi by the SDK.

i used to get the warnings so often they filled the left side of my screen. I live in a semi-rural area, with no overhead wires, and i know where they are buried, so I'm not near them. I always worried about them. I also was only getting 1600' max, and i wanted to be able to fly to the extent of my eyesight, like i could with the toy Syma I have semi-retired. I bought amps to go on the antennas and lo and behold! the warning messages are almost completely gone! When I get one now, it's strong wireless interference. I think before, it was just signal to noise ratio causing a lot of it.
I had so many errors, I didn't notice when i got the compass error that crashed my P3C against the side of my house!

It's possible Litchi isn't looking at the same parameters as the Go Ap. Only so much is "given" to Litchi by the SDK.
True, just saying that when I use Litchi this doesn't happen as often. The interference warning I get in the Go app is usually when I fly around town or close to it. Once I get out away from the city it doesn't happen as much. Its not a critical warning, just a warning to let users know that there is some interference.

Based on direct experience, the iOS version of DJI GO displays that warning very often, whereas the Android version of GO rarely does. On iOS it's quite annoying, but you can simply ignore it.

Last edited:
Reactions: jah_josh
It’s a good bet that every house in that neighborhood has wifi for their internet connection. That’s the most likely culprit if you’re flying a P3S.

I used to get this all the time until I started paying more attention to the position and direction my antennas were pointing. Using a Crystal Sky by the way.

Last edited:
turn off wi-fi on your tablet/phone before flying - that seems to solve the issue 99% of the time

there is a neighbor that does HAM radio out of his home. Could that be it?

Ham radio VERY unlikely, wrong frequency band. Much more likely someone's internet router which operates at or near the drone controller frequencies.

turn off wi-fi on your tablet/phone before flying - that seems to solve the issue 99% of the time

With the P3S you cannot do that, as the tablet/phone uses WiFi to connect to it. What you can do is put the phone in airplane mode then manually turn WiFi back on (to effectively turn off the cellular portion of the phone).

Mr. 120CPM that is a great suggestion. I didn't know that airplane mode did that. Thank you for your help. I get interference too, and it's because I can detect seven signals in the 2.4Ghz range and two in the 5.8Ghz range. All most likely from wireless Internet routers. Aa long as I fly within my yard, it is of no consequence. If I fly further, then it could cause loss of signal. I wonder if there is a way to change channels as you can do with the routers.

Mr. 120CPM that is a great suggestion. I didn't know that airplane mode did that. Thank you for your help. I get interference too, and it's because I can detect seven signals in the 2.4Ghz range and two in the 5.8Ghz range. All most likely from wireless Internet routers. Aa long as I fly within my yard, it is of no consequence. If I fly further, then it could cause loss of signal. I wonder if there is a way to change channels as you can do with the routers.
I believe the P3S searches the channels automatically. No pilot controls. Not sue if the Advanced or Pro have that capability. The P4's most definitely have pilot over-ride.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20