Warning

Reaction score
While flying I got a warning saying something about my device being full and it affecting performance. Can anyone share some insight on this? Does it have to do with my iPad?

It was only on the screen for about 5 -10 seconds and i did not have time to take a screen shot. I know the memory card was empty and my iPad has 40G open on it.

Found the warning ...it says "Mobile device CPU fully loaded. Related performance will be affected"

had 10 windows open....perhaps that was it?

Reactions: Pharm
LOL i look at that thing and its gets warm.......

Reactions: UpLift Aerial
Yep, gotta watch that. With many things open that will eat up the RAM space. 40G is internal memory, not RAM. Generally speaking most tablets of any kind will have no more than 4gig of RAM.

Closing any other background processes will help, but it also depends on the generation of iPad. DJI isn't exactly known for making a stellar app, which is why it's so CPU-intensive. If they got some better designers, it wouldn't have this issue.

In addition to ensuring no other apps were running in the background, I also wound my transmission rate down to 4 Mbps to ease the workload on my apple device. No further CPU warnings since making that small change.

While flying I got a warning saying something about my device being full and it affecting performance. Can anyone share some insight on this? Does it have to do with my iPad?
In my experience, the images taken by the drone are also stored on the iPad. Once the iPad memory is full, it needs cleaning out and you would think that could easily be achieved thro iPad functionality but I found that I could only delete photos one-by-one. To save you that frustration, here's the correct procedure I stumbled upon:
  • Launch DJI Go4 app.
  • On the startup screen, on the bottom right, you will see "Me" - Tap it.
  • On the next screen, you will see the settings logo in the top right hand side. Looks like a gear cog. Tap it.
  • Now you are in the Settings screen where you can clear the cache.
HIH

Reactions: MTO
Too many background programs running. Close everything EXCEPT ythe program controlling your Phantom.

thanks all

"Mobile device CPU fully loaded. Related performance will be affected"

I have had this warning with my P3P. At its worst the screen breaks up or goes green, so the machine becomes unflyable.
It came about when I updated my Ipad fron IOS 10.x to IOS 11.x. In this upgrade Apple slowed down the CPU rate to enhance battery life. So the thing cannot handle the bitrate required to transmit a picture back to the controller over Wi FI.

The answer in the UK
On the I pad go to settings >General>Ipad Language and select language "English (US)"

Now if you open DGI GO set up to your drone and select the menu "Image Transmition Settings"

You will now see you have a new menu button that allows " Custom channel mode"

Choose a channel with the least interference.

Now Slide the new Transmition Quality slider to full left. It should indicate a bit rate of 4Mbps instead of the auto rate of 6 Mbps.
Now it will work with no warnings or picture break up.

I switch off "Cache video in real time" any programs not relevent.
This gives the Ipad an easy time.
There is no such problem on Android devices, which I will buy when I replace this expensive Apple door stop.
It is also not a problem with the P3A which transmits back at a lower bitrate as default (not good for goggles though)

BigA

Reactions: Goldie702
So here it is a year later. I finally gave up and bought a Mavic Pro and occasionally will fly my P3P with a Samsung tablet. Did anyone ever find a fix for iOS devices?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94