WARNING TO ALL DJI CUSTOMERS BUYING A DJI CASE

I have this hard shell backpack and my opinion is that it was made to be pretty but pretty things are seldom sturdy. I like the looks so I always set it down gently on a soft surface. If I wanted study I would get a ruggedized plastic case like a pelican style. Perhaps a canvas backpack would work. Most DJI products are hi tech and many are pretty so be gentle with them.

It's almost like the **** thing is made in China or something, I mean....wait!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Tallyrver
I have this hard shell backpack and my opinion is that it was made to be pretty but pretty things are seldom sturdy. I like the looks so I always set it down gently on a soft surface. If I wanted study I would get a ruggedized plastic case like a pelican style. Perhaps a canvas backpack would work. Most DJI products are hi tech and many are pretty so be gentle with them.
I have the same one and have had no problem with it yet. Though mine came free so I can't complain, I do however see if I couldn't take it back I would be pissed, but it's an easy fix that be done with superglue. Hopefully the Phantom never gets cracks, or that dude is ganna RAGE!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

No those are the white pieces in the center of each foot I guess for griping so the case won't slide.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Maybe there are different types of legs, I have the same case but no white strips. Interesting.

You guys think I'm an idiot? That was the very first thing I did, I contacted Beach Camera who said since it was after their return period, I had to go through DJI who then refused to do anything, it's not like I got it for free in a bundle or got it dirt cheap, I paid $145 for it and had an expectation that DJI would stand behind their products.

And since I used an Amazon gift card on Amazon, There is no credit card company to file a claim with, but as a last resort I spoke with Amazon to see if there is anything they can do, at this point Amazon is not sure since I bought it from a reseller on their site and not directly from them, all they can do is to ask Beach Camera again if they will fix the issue.

And if you want since you question my truthfulness I'll post Beach Cameras response too
open an a to z claim on Amazon, they will help you figure this out with the seller. Those cases are copied a lot and I can understand why DJI would only warranty it if purchased from them directly.

Maybe there are different types of legs, I have the same case but no white strips. Interesting.
I have seen different versions of the case. One version has a quadcopter logo instead of "DJI". The others have "DJI" logo. Some are only compativle with the P3P/A, the newer ones are compatible with the P3P/A and P3S controllers. On all of the revisions I have never seen one without the white strips, you may have bought a fake.

I'd try to fix the feet as others have suggested. I have the same case and travel with it all over North America. It a great size, very durable, light weight, I never get hassled at security, at any airport I've traveled through. It fits in the overhead no problem. One of the rubber feet on mine looked like yours but a bit of gorilla glue fixed it up

It's a good little kit bag. Give it some TLC. You're making it harder than you need to.

You should be flying!!

I'm relatively sure it's a real DJI Part 50 case, the brown shipping box had the DJI label that I've seen on many of their product boxes, it was sold by a reputable dealer on Amazon who btw tried to intervene on my behalf, the customer service people on Amazon were very polite, but when they put me in contact with the Amazon guy who handles the Beach Camera account, he started his half of the conversation after I explained the issue to him with immediately saying there are many products that don't have a manufacturers warranty and that Beach Camera has a 45 day return period and once that is over (it was 46 days when I contacted them initially) there is nothing he can do.

Unfortunately the rubber has ripped on 2 of the feet so it will only fill half of the foot and look like crap, I've email Peter from acesdeals.biz who said if I send him one to scan, he can 3D print replacements in the 2 colors to make it look very close to the real thing, so that might be the best I'm gonna get to replacing them and making it look good.

Reactions: mohan
I'm relatively sure it's a real DJI Part 50 case, the brown shipping box had the DJI label that I've seen on many of their product boxes, it was sold by a reputable dealer on Amazon who btw tried to intervene on my behalf, the customer service people on Amazon were very polite, but when they put me in contact with the Amazon guy who handles the Beach Camera account, he started his half of the conversation after I explained the issue to him with immediately saying there are many products that don't have a manufacturers warranty and that Beach Camera has a 45 day return period and once that is over (it was 46 days when I contacted them initially) there is nothing he can do.

Let me repeat myself... Buy another DJI backpack, wait a week or two and then return the defective backpack in your return window. Problem solved.

Reactions: Tallyrver
I received the same case for my Phantom for Christmas .in three months I have had no problems except a small scratch that showed up...

I have this case. The white strips are no more "grippy" than the black part. They are only cosmetic. Not a real issue. It's just wear.
Mine are fine with 6 months of light use.

DJI is definitely not a bag company, they need to stick to drones. Go for the GPC backpacks and get much better quality and support. Also they should be out for the P4 by the end of next week according to their sales dept.

Sorry, I understand your frustration,
Bill

I really couldn't justify spending $150 on the dji backpack, so I bought a cheap imitation one for$60

That is really odd. I have had mine for a while and honestly I would not transport my Pro3 any other way... bought my directly from DJI and love it... sorry for the bad Spencerian

THIS IS A WARNING TO ALL DJI CUSTOMERS:

Do not buy the DJI Backpack from an authorized reseller, DJI will not stand behind their product, in fact don't buy their case at all, as it does not hold up well, my case was purchased from Beach Camera and the inserts on the feet as coming apart, DJI will not stand behind their manufactured product. They could care less, they say that is their policy,

Do yourself a favor and buy a case from a reputable dealer, stay away from the DJI CASE!!!!!!!
3 of the 4 feet are coming apart like the pics

aeb67501f287645431cc8b99d47e8329.jpg

1ef59a74619fc3f68e395f5d5658453d.jpg

I have the same backpack if one of the white stripe dissapear i will try to remove the 3 others and that will solve the problem after all it's only a case and have nothing to do with the drone flying

Reactions: With The Birds

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31