WARNING TO ALL DJI CUSTOMERS BUYING A DJI CASE

Reaction score
THIS IS A WARNING TO ALL DJI CUSTOMERS:

Do not buy the DJI Backpack from an authorized reseller, DJI will not stand behind their product, in fact don't buy their case at all, as it does not hold up well, my case was purchased from Beach Camera and the inserts on the feet as coming apart, DJI will not stand behind their manufactured product. They could care less, they say that is their policy,

Do yourself a favor and buy a case from a reputable dealer, stay away from the DJI CASE!!!!!!!
3 of the 4 feet are coming apart like the pics

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app
aeb67501f287645431cc8b99d47e8329.jpg

1ef59a74619fc3f68e395f5d5658453d.jpg

Last edited:
Why deal with DJI, just return it to Beach.

Do not buy the DJI Backpack from an authorized reseller, DJI will not stand behind their product, in fact don't buy their case at all, as it does not hold up well, my case was purchased from Beach Camera and the inserts on the feet as coming apart, DJI will not stand behind their manufactured product. They could care less, they say that is their policy,

Do yourself a favor and buy a case from a reputable dealer, stay away from the DJI CASE!!!!!!!

Do you think its right to make such a blanket statement?

Alokbhargava, you obviously don't believe what I'm saying, so I'm posting the DJI response to my request for service, so you can read it and become educated, below is the entire response, but read this sentence here, they WILL ABSOLUTELY NOT REFUND/EXCHANGE A DJI PRODUCT UNLESS YOU PURCHASE IT DIRECTLY FROM DJI.

I wasn't asking for a refund, or even an exchange, I just wanted them to just replace the defective feet and they wouldn't do it. This is no different than you going to Best Buy and buying a Samsung device for example, ultimately Samsung would warranty their product no matter where you bought it, DJI will not simple as that.

They should have just 3D printed some feet, they would have held up better than what they put out.

BUT IF YOU DONT BELEIVE ME, GO AHEAD AND CALL THEM YOURSELF AND ASK .

DJI Technology does not provide refunds for third party dealers, only purchases made through the DJI Online Store qualify for refund/exchange.

We apologize for the experience you have had with your product. We at DJI Technology of North America would like to assist with the refund/exchange process.

Items can only be exchanged for like products, upgrading or downgrading your purchase is not possible.

Returned items not meeting the criteria above or the criteria listed at DJI - After-sales Service Policies will not qualify for a refund or exchange.

Reply to this email with the attached returns and exchanges form as well as your proof of purchase. Once we receive your reply, we will review your forms and verify if it qualifies for a return, once verified we will generate a shipping label you can use to ship your product back to our facilities.

We ask you complete the attached form in its entirety. We require all fields on the form to be filled with the necessary information before returning it back to us for processing. Please remember to be as detailed as possible.

Be advised, Any product returned for a refund or exchange that does not include all original accessories, attachments and packaging, cannot be processed.

DJI Technology does not provide refunds for third party dealers, only purchases made through the DJI Online Store qualify for refund/exchange.

Items returned in retail packaging with shipping label attached will not be processed for refund or exchange. All items must be secured within separate packaging acceptable for transport.

Thank you for choosing DJI,
"The Future of Possible!"

Last edited:
Only if you buy it from DJI, that's why I'm letting everyone know, so they don't regret their purchases

Why not take it up with Beach Camera and/or you credit card company. I wouldn't be going "nuts" over a $100 bag and trying to smear DJI's reputation of their handling of this accessory. If it were the bird itself, thats a different story however, the bag, I would just take a deep breath and handle it directly following the aforementioned protocol.

Why not take it up with Beach Camera and/or you credit card company. I wouldn't be going "nuts" over a $100 bag and trying to smear DJI's reputation of their handling of this accessory. If it were the bird itself, thats a different story however, the bag, I would just take a deep breath and handle it directly following the aforementioned protocol.

I have to agree here. The OP made this mistake, not DJI.

You guys think I'm an idiot? That was the very first thing I did, I contacted Beach Camera who said since it was after their return period, I had to go through DJI who then refused to do anything, it's not like I got it for free in a bundle or got it dirt cheap, I paid $145 for it and had an expectation that DJI would stand behind their products.

And since I used an Amazon gift card on Amazon, There is no credit card company to file a claim with, but as a last resort I spoke with Amazon to see if there is anything they can do, at this point Amazon is not sure since I bought it from a reseller on their site and not directly from them, all they can do is to ask Beach Camera again if they will fix the issue.

And if you want since you question my truthfulness I'll post Beach Cameras response too

Last edited:
Sorry to hear they wouldn't help you. Seems pretty minor, but you can fix it. Grab yourself a .99 tube of super glue. You'll be back up and running in no time. Or tear all the little white feet off and you'll be good to go. Case will still work perfectly without those little guys attached.

Happy flying!

Sorry to hear they wouldn't help you. Seems pretty minor, but you can fix it. Grab yourself a .99 tube of super glue. You'll be back up and running in no time. Or tear all the little white feet off and you'll be good to go. Case will still work perfectly without those little guys attached.

Happy flying!
I agree, glue the darn feet back on and move on to more important issues like enjoying your Phantom.

Unfortunately one of them is too messed up to work, I'm looking at getting some 3D printed since they just screw on. I just wanted people to maybe look at other cases where they can rely on the company to fix issues with them.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Super Glue

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
Seriously... I completely agree. I'm looking at the photos you posted and it looks like a cosmetic piece of tape is coming off.

No those are the white pieces in the center of each foot I guess for griping so the case won't slide.

I have the same case and have had no problems. Maybe you're a bit more rough on your case. I think the rigidity of the case is a matter of the type of abuse it is subjected to. I try to be nice to my case as I know it holds my precious drone. Hope you can glue or tape the legs back in place or as some have suggested, go to Beach for them to honor their sale. I wish you luck and be careful.

3 of the 4 feet are coming apart like the pics

aeb67501f287645431cc8b99d47e8329.jpg

1ef59a74619fc3f68e395f5d5658453d.jpg

I can see your point on how the manufacture SHOULD stand by their product. I'd probably be a bit upset. However I'm thinking some super glue would be the fastest fix. Who knows.... it might actually hold better.

Reactions: randykahl

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4