Warning Please Note

Reaction score
Guys,
Just a heads up out there. Take a fools advice. Deal with legitimate Distributors. And DO NOT deal with ZM Distribution out of Brooklynn, NY

I ordered a P4P bundle and a spare battery from Walmart.com on 8/25/2017.

The spare battery was fulfilled by ZM Distribution out of Brooklynn, NY. The battery was dead on arrival. When I contacted them via email, the response I received was:

Hi

We are sorry we test all batteries to make sure they work and that they charge. We have nothing but bad experience with fraudulent customers that send back there old defective batteries. We will not take any battery back. If you have any further questions please contact the mfg

Thank you
Fraud Management Team

Now I responded back, they eventually told me to send it back, but ignored my request for an R/A number. I sent it to 875 E13th instead of 875A. My fault. But it is a strip mall. My experience here is mail carriers go the extra mile and know their customers. So I don't know if it is my error or they are playing games because I requested a signature on receipt.

Bottom line guys. Buy from a trusted source. I thought I would save $10 on a battery and it will likely end up costing me an extra $50 in shipping and insurance, all kinds of aggravation and frustration, and I am not at all confident in the outcome at this point. And it has already been over a month.

This would never have happened with Amazon.com. I know that for a fact.

Reactions: Thombo73
In my experience, I have seen multiple posts here where aftermarket batteries are not recognized by the DJI software. It also happened to a friend of mine. Before buying aftermarket batteries it might be a good idea to post a thread here asking if anyone knows if that specific mfg works with DJI. Sometimes they will work initially until an update is performed.

Unfortunately, this is not an inexpensive hobby. Buying less expensive equipment (though tempting) from unknown sources has a high probability of problems. For example, there are plenty of cheaper props on the market, but I'd never buy anything but DJI props for my phantom.

Reactions: Thombo73
Sorry, I should have made this clear. It is a legitimate DJI battery. Not the high capacity. But DJI nonetheless. It was $10 less than buying direct from DJI, and I was already ordering the drone package from Walmart.com, so I grabbed a battery too. The drone came from a different distributor.

I did buy an aftermarket for my P3P, and it has performed flawlessly.

I have seen multiple reports of DOA batteries here and elsewhere. So I have to assume this happens.

What seemed so bad to me, was their first response when I contacted them was to accuse me of trying to defraud them by sending them an old battery. They flat told me that they were tired of dishonest customers seeking to defraud them by sending their old batteries in.

They have had my money for a month now. I still don't have a working battery.

I have returned items to Amazon, they printed me a label and 30 minutes after I dropped it at the Post Office I received an email saying my money had been put back in my account. Now that is customer service.

It's Amazon Prime for me from now on.

Reactions: Droneted
Walmart will make it right, just like Amazon. But anyone that sells at Amazon hs to comply with the return & refund as stated by Amazon.

I do a lot of my buying from the folks at acesdeals.biz based up in the New York Area. They have excellent service and deal in parts and accessories from just the manufacturer. If you are buying a new drone, they allow you to make payments on the drone, any amount you want, etc... They also have a really good technical group that is certified on all the top drones and accessories. Plus you can call up and talk with them about any problems or issues you may be having and they will do all they can to help you! It seems difficult today to find good support on items.

Hopefully you funded the transaction with a credit card. You should be able to have CC company do a charge back and refund your money.

Reactions: gregfl450
October 7th update. I must take some blame. The business is located in a strip mall. I sent it to 975 instead of 975A. But I have never seen a mail carrier fail to make the effort to get a package delivered. My business is located in a similar area. The carrier corrects little discrepenies like this all the time. And being an ornery old man I have to wonder if seeing the return receipt and signature requested if they just refused it. (Just because you are paranoid doesn't mean they aren't really after you...).

But still no battery. I sent an email to Walmart.com customer service. No response. None.

I called Amex which I used to make the purchase and they are unable to help at this time. And I have never had an issue with Amex customer service. And so I wait.

But I did order another battery from Amazon, on a Wednesday evening. Received it on Friday. That was free shipping, I think if I had paid for next day someone would have brought it to my door personally just a couple of hours after hitting the "confirm purchase" button.

Amazon for me from here on out folks. Amazon and nothing else. It's just not worth it to do business with anyone else.

Reactions: NeBob and Newbieguy
I deal mostly with Multicopter Warehouse and have been very happy with the service and knowledge they have provided. That being said, I've bought from Ebay and Amazon and had good luck there as well but I have a highly developed BS Detecto-meter (Patent Pending, inquire about licensing..) accurate to about 99%.

Reactions: Slickvolt
Walmart will make it right, just like Amazon. But anyone that sells at Amazon has to comply with the return & refund as stated by Amazon.
Amazon Market sellers can establish their own return and refund policies, which are binding upon the buyer, and are then not the same as Amazon direct policies. Only in the absence of any different return and refund policy are Amazon return and refund policies adopted, but you still have to go through the Market Place seller, not Amazon.

Amazon Market sellers can establish their own return and refund policies, which are binding upon the buyer, and are then not the same as Amazon direct policies. Only in the absence of any different return and refund policy are Amazon return and refund policies adopted, but you still have to go through the Market Place seller, not Amazon.
Recently, Amazon has changed this, now if you sell on Amazon, you carry the same warranty and return policy as Amazon. I am a Member, they send me updates on this stuff. Got this notice a while back, not sure if it covers everyone or just Prime Members.

Recently, Amazon has changed this, now if you sell on Amazon, you carry the same warranty and return policy as Amazon. I am a Member, they send me updates on this stuff. Got this notice a while back, not sure if it covers everyone or just Prime Members.
I think you may have misunderstood. Only if the item being sold states that it is "Amazon Prime eligible" does Amazon's return and refund policy apply for Prime Members. If you don't see the "Amazon Prime eligible" notification, the Amazon Market seller can still establish whatever return and refund policy they want, even for Prime Members. The devil is in the details. Essentially, Amazon has highlighted those sellers who chose not to implement their own separate return and refund policies, where they adopt Amazon's return and refund policy by default, just like before. On drone sales, most Amazon marketplace sellers offer no returns and no refunds, and expect you to deal directly with DJI for any issues under the warranty. B&H is much better choice. No sales tax, and a 30 return and refund policy.

I think you may have misunderstood. Only if the item being sold states that it is "Amazon Prime eligible" does Amazon's return and refund policy apply for Prime Members. If you don't see the "Amazon Prime eligible" notification, the Amazon Market seller can still establish whatever return and refund policy they want, even for Prime Members. The devil is in the details. Essentially, Amazon has highlighted those sellers who chose not to implement their own separate return and refund policies, where they adopt Amazon's return and refund policy by default, just like before. On drone sales, most Amazon marketplace sellers offer no returns and no refunds, and expect you to deal directly with DJI for any issues under the warranty. B&H is much better choice. No sales tax, and a 30 return and refund policy.
I see, that explains it, I only buy Prime, free shipping and all the privileges, including returns because you just didn't like it.:)

Reactions: Newt59
Guys,
Just a heads up out there. Take a fools advice. Deal with legitimate Distributors. And DO NOT deal with ZM Distribution out of Brooklynn, NY

I ordered a P4P bundle and a spare battery from Walmart.com on 8/25/2017.

The spare battery was fulfilled by ZM Distribution out of Brooklynn, NY. The battery was dead on arrival. When I contacted them via email, the response I received was:

Hi

We are sorry we test all batteries to make sure they work and that they charge. We have nothing but bad experience with fraudulent customers that send back there old defective batteries. We will not take any battery back. If you have any further questions please contact the mfg

Thank you
Fraud Management Team

Now I responded back, they eventually told me to send it back, but ignored my request for an R/A number. I sent it to 875 E13th instead of 875A. My fault. But it is a strip mall. My experience here is mail carriers go the extra mile and know their customers. So I don't know if it is my error or they are playing games because I requested a signature on receipt.

Bottom line guys. Buy from a trusted source. I thought I would save $10 on a battery and it will likely end up costing me an extra $50 in shipping and insurance, all kinds of aggravation and frustration, and I am not at all confident in the outcome at this point. And it has already been over a month.

This would never have happened with Amazon.com. I know that for a fact.
Wow...thanks for the advice. Bummer.

If I can, I prefer to buy from smaller vendors that provide personalized service, even if the price is a *bit* higher (nothing crazy -- like within 5-10%, depending on the cost of item). After that, Amazon Prime is usually really good, but you will notice most Prime items carry a higher price tag. I've had surprisingly good luck with Ebay sellers (US based) - usually the best price / service / shipping time ratio. Finally, buying direct from China can yield some amazing deals, but it's always a gamble. So far I'm well ahead -- I've been able to get items that sell for $80-$100 on Amazon & Ebay for $20-$30.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.