Warning for litchi users

I feel like most users have more negative experiences with litchi than good. I know there are people here that will come out and tell you they never had a problem and they probably will once they read this post but it seems like most of the time people aren't coming out to praise it, they come out to complain of some glitch or something. I don't really think Litchi is ready for prime time, yeah it works but then it also gives you the scare of your life when things go wrong.

I think if you want to do long range just do the DBS mod and an amp At-least you'll have control of your bird.

Reactions: GhostRdrTat
I've been using Litchi on my Phantom 3 Pro since day one. No issues at all, once in a blue moon I will have upload failure but I'll try it again and it works. What I don't understand is how your having issues during the flight. The App uploads your mission to the Phantom. After this is done the App is not controlling it, the uploaded program is even though you can override it. Like I said I've done 60-75 missions and have really not have had any issues
I've had zero issues with litchi since I started using it ad well, I was very impressed with the app and quite frankly still am it's a pretty awesome app, I think most people have zero issues with something/anything untill the first time something happens lol good point about once mission is uploaded app doesn't control it, either it uploaded some weird command to switch like that in flight or the bird got some command from litchi during flight to do that, when a mission is loaded it's not 100% autonomous, the bird can still recieve and execute commands hitting pause is one example so commands can still be recieved by the bird and executed as the vid shows it switches by itself to atti then to GPS and sits hovering while still saying it's moving to wp. Idk anything that could cause that except the bird getting the command to do that, but idk I'm no pro lol I'll just wait for litchi to give me an answer or a pro here to let us know what this is and how we can all avoid it.

I've been using Litchi on my Phantom 3 Pro since day one. No issues at all, once in a blue moon I will have upload failure but I'll try it again and it works. What I don't understand is how your having issues during the flight. The App uploads your mission to the Phantom. After this is done the App is not controlling it, the uploaded program is even though you can override it. Like I said I've done 60-75 missions and have really not have had any issues
Yes but it is possible that the uploaded script generated by the app has errors in it. This is why I am curious if this problem occurs when using either iOs or Android versions of Litchi.

as the vid shows it switches by itself to atti then to GPS and sits hovering while still saying it's moving to wp. Idk anything that could cause that except the bird getting the command to do that, but idk I'm no pro lol I'll just wait for litchi to give me an answer or a pro here to let us know what this is and how we can all avoid it.

If that is true then shutting down the Litchi app once your mission starts would "solve" your problems and everything should go smoothly ;)

My money is on a potential conflict between the FW and the uploaded Litchi mission script running on the drone.

I feel like most users have more negative experiences with litchi than good. .

I have never been on any forum where people go to praise the product of discussion (i.e. drone, Windows 10, iPad). Most posters, my self included, create threads to ask questions, report a problem or complain. That said....

A few months ago I was considering purchasing Litchi but heard so many bad things I was scared to pull the trigger. I posted a question something along the line of "Is litchi really that bad?" and all I got back was how great this product was.

I have never been on any forum where people go to praise the product of discussion (i.e. drone, Windows 10, iPad).
Windows 10 and Litchi is a little bit different though. If things go wrong with Litchi there is potential for you to lose your drone and potentially have something bad happen other than that, Something bad happens in Windows 10 you just either reinstall windows or downgrade to another windows.

It seems there are more negative posts about Litchi all the time. That can't be good. I mean even I have had negative experiences with Litchi, and I wanted to give it a chance despite all the negatives I read.

If that is true then shutting down the Litchi app once your mission starts would "solve" your problems and everything should go smoothly ;)

My money is on a potential conflict between the FW and the uploaded Litchi mission script running on the drone.
Sounds like a very plausible cause :) my main concern is if this glitch happened while bird was at a wp where signal is lost then it'll be out there hovering somewhere while operator is under the impression it's continuing the mission, if signal is dropped there is no way to know there is a problem. I'm in no way slamming litchi I still think it's a sweet app that surpasses go in many ways I still use litchi daily I'm just hesitant to do any wp missions where I feel signal may be lost, as litchi said in the e-mail to me "this definitely isn't normal" and that's correct majority of the time everything will behave normal with no hiccups. I'm disabled so if an issue like this arises with bird fairly far off it's not like I can just take off in it's direction to get signal regain and take back control of the bird, I may loaf that mission again and see if it happens again in the same spot I could start it while I'm in my car and stay relatively close to it to maintain signal lol my guess is it was a fluke and the mission would run smooth like it normally does but untill we get some definitive answers and we know what we're dealing with and how to avoid it I'm choosing to do missions well within range :D

my main concern is if this glitch happened while bird was at a wp where signal is lost then it'll be out there hovering somewhere while operator is under the impression it's continuing the mission, i

I hear you and and the fact that others have also experienced this should raise a red flag. I have been waiting for the weather to get better so I can fly 2 night time missions. One is a short one which really doesnt concern me that much. The other, though, is going to be out of range and I am now scared sh!77less to fly it.

I have Litchi for both Android and iOs and am still waiting to find out which version other that had this problem are/were using.

I hear you and and the fact that others have also experienced this should raise a red flag. I have been waiting for the weather to get better so I can fly 2 night time missions. One is a short one which really doesnt concern me that much. The other, though, is going to be out of range and I am now scared sh!77less to fly it.

I have Litchi for both Android and iOs and am still waiting to find out which version other that had this problem are/were using.
Hopefully litchi will get back to me again soon or someone on here sees this and has an answer and you'll be able to fly that mission with confidence :)

Reactions: BourgeoisSJC
Litchi got back to me again, this is they're response, don't think it is the same issue.

Hi,

Thank you for providing more details, we will forward this to DJI for comments.
Also saw this post today on DJI Support's facebook page, not sure if any of this is related but it could be...
"Hi everyone,
Some Mavic users have reported that "Compass Error, Exiting P-GPS mode" displays in the app when flying in Sport mode after upgrading to the latest firmware. This is because the main compass may encounter electromagnetic interference when it’s flying fast. The flight controller monitors GPS data and calculates compass orientation in real-time, and if the orientation deviation was too large, GPS and compass data would not be used, and the aircraft would enter Attitude mode.
The latest firmware, v01.03, has added a feature that allows the aircraft can select the best compass for a given situation. When the main compass encounters interference, it will seamlessly switch to the backup compass, avoiding the issue where the aircraft switched from P-GPS mode to Attitude mode.
If this issue still occurs when you’re flying in an interference-free environment with the latest firmware, please send your flight records to DJI Support for analysis.
Best,
DJI Support "

Reactions: Neon Euc
I don't really think Litchi is ready for prime time, yeah it works but then it also gives you the scare of your life when things go wrong.

The Litchi App has been around for at least a year. They have been in prime time for a while. I think my users find it great. It may have a glitch or two but I have never seen it. I've seen more glitches with the DJI Go App. At this time I fly almost a 100% of my flights with Litchi

The Litchi App has been around for at least a year. They have been in prime time for a while. I think my users find it great. It may have a glitch or two but I have never seen it. I've seen more glitches with the DJI Go App. At this time I fly almost a 100% of my flights with Litchi
Just because its been out a year doesn't mean anything. I have seen glitches with Litchi, I haven't seen any with the go app yet.

It seems to me that most (if not all) mission stalls are when the drone gets to waypoint 1 - maybe suggest making waypoint 1 close to launch-site then if it stalls you can recover? I presume waypoint 1 is where Litchi flies the craft to then says 'over to you captain, Litchi over and out'

My observation from memory is that most posts mention P3/P3A - does it not occur on P4/P4P or Mavic?

I bought Litchi when it was on special but havent used it yet as the reason for purchase was the waypoint flights but am now too nervous till I see people reporting that it has a fix.

Screenshot_2016-12-15-18-25-47.png
Litchi really annoyed me today. Started at 100% battery and time after time all I got was "mission failed to upload" FFS. It's done that mission so many times and when the battery got to 87% I gave up. Litchi is really shît now for way point missions

Sent from my HUAWEI LYO-L01 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Last edited:
It seems to me that most (if not all) mission stalls are when the drone gets to waypoint 1 - maybe suggest making waypoint 1 close to launch-site then if it stalls you can recover? I presume waypoint 1 is where Litchi flies the craft to then says 'over to you captain, Litchi over and out'
Not in my case. My Phantom 3 Advanced reverted to ATTI mode at way-point 8 of 13. It was about 1 mile away but luckily still with in AC range so I could RTH.

Reactions: GhostRdrTat
So I was flying a litchi waypoint mission today and litchi glitched out. Quad was on it's way to the first wp when suddenly litchi switched from navi mode to atti then quickly to GPS mode. The bird just sat there hovering but on-screen the status said it was still moving to next wp but speed was 0mph as it was just hovering in GPS mode. I hit the play icon again to see if it would continue mission but it headed back to first wp to start mission again so I just stopped it at that point. My warning is if this was to happen while signal was lost at a far wp then the bird will just be hovering there draining battery while you think it's continuing along with the mission as advertised. By the time you figure out it's been gone too long and not returning too much battery may be lost and you may lose your bird before you can fix the situation and bring bird back yourself. Just want to give all you litchi users a heads up to watch for this glitch I'd hate to hear of one of y'all losing your bird due to this problem with litchi. I've never had this happen before litchi is usually rock solid app but it makes me wonder now lol happy flying

Sent from my SM-S320VL using PhantomPilots mobile app
I was using litchi last weekend and I had 80% battery only 300 ft out then it lost signal and said 0% battery. . It was lost for a half hour. I had my phone number on it. Got home. Battery had 3 bars. But still says 0%. Definitely some kind of problem. I just dropped the app. Battery's ruined. Only 2 weeks old

Sent from my SM-G935V using PhantomPilots mobile app

I was using litchi last weekend and I had 80% battery only 300 ft out then it lost signal and said 0% battery. . It was lost for a half hour. I had my phone number on it. Got home. Battery had 3 bars. But still says 0%. Definitely some kind of problem. I just dropped the app. Battery's ruined. Only 2 weeks old

Sent from my SM-G935V using PhantomPilots mobile app
Did you really lose signal at 300' out or is that what the app told you.? In other words. you had no control over the drone with your remote and RTH failed?
Battery ruined? How come?

Sorry if I sound like a **** but based on the little info you provided my first reaction would be, "What has this to do with Litchii?"

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlr11164