WARNING ABOUT LITCHI APP!!!!!!!!

Reaction score
I just got this email........

Dear Litchi Pilots,

There is currently an issue with the recently released firmwares for Mavic Pro (v01.03.0500), Inspire 2 (v01.0.0240) and Phantom 4 Pro (v01.03.0418) where the drone will fly erratically in some of Litchi’s flight modes. If you already installed one of these firmwares, we highly recommend not using these flight modes until the issue is fixed with a DJI firmware update. The following flight modes are affected: VR with Immersive/Joystick Head Tracking active, Follow, Focus and Track. All other flight modes (including FPV, Waypoint, Orbit and VR with Immersive/Joystick Head Tracking OFF) are unaffected.

The Litchi Team

Beat me to it. Just posted myself
1488911919055.png

Not to knock on Litchi, as I've seen some stellar reviews, but these kinds of things are the reason I decided to go with Autopilot instead.

Not to knock on Litchi, as I've seen some stellar reviews, but these kinds of things are the reason I decided to go with Autopilot instead.
And I bought and never flew with Litchi and bought and flew with Ultimate flight. Of course with as many as there are using Litchi there are going to be more actual incidents. But it still looks like a lot to me.

I've bee using Litchi for about 2 years now. This the FIRST time I've seen and issue like this. At least they admit it.....unlike DJI. I have Autopilot also. Autopilot is like Windows overly complicated and bumpy......Litchi is like Mac OS, easy and smooth

Reactions: Lefty63
You're mistaken in your belief that this has anything to do with Litchi. It's a firmware problem, and DJI's fault.

It very well may affect Autopilot too.

You're mistaken in your belief that this has anything to do with Litchi. It's a firmware problem, and DJI's fault.

It may very well be. I was shopping on the app store for Litchi like 2 days ago, with every intent to buy it. I read enough reviews about erratic flying, compatibility issues, and crashes that it kind of spooked me. I read no such reviews on Autopilot, hence my decision. I'm in no way claiming that AP is better than Litchi, merely giving my reasoning for choosing it.

Agreed. Has nothing to do with Litchi. They are to be commended for getting the alert out quickly, with the details you need to make sure you DON'T have an issue. ;)

It may very well be. I was shopping on the app store for Litchi like 2 days ago, with every intent to buy it. I read enough reviews about erratic flying, compatibility issues, and crashes that it kind of spooked me. I read no such reviews on Autopilot, hence my decision. I'm in no way claiming that AP is better than Litchi, merely giving my reasoning for choosing it.
I'm not making any value comparison between the two. In fact, I've been looking at AP lately as a replacement for Litchi, due to its greater capability.

Just simply clarifying the nature of the problem, placing blame where it belongs (DJI), and cautioning others that this problem may manifest in any third-party app, not just Litchi.

I'm not making any value comparison between the two. In fact, I've been looking at AP lately as a replacement for Litchi, due to its greater capability.

Just simply clarifying the nature of the problem, placing blame where it belongs (DJI), and cautioning others that this problem may manifest in any third-party app, not just Litchi.

You're actually 100% correct. Just looked at the Autopilot website and found this message.

There is currently an issue with the latest DJI firmware for the Phantom 4 Pro, Mavic Pro and Inspire 2 which causes erratic flight behavior in Autopilot. We do not recommend* using Autopilot with these aircraft types until a resolution has been found for this issue.

I apologize for giving the impression that this was a problem with Litchi. Heck, I may have over reacted when reading some Litchi reviews, in retrospect.

Current Issues

There is currently an issue with the latest DJI firmware for the Mavic Pro, Phantom 4 Pro and Inspire 2 which causes erratic flight behavior in Autopilot. We do not recommend* using Autopilot with these aircraft types until a resolution has been found for this issue. If you are using firmware 01.03.0200 or below, you should not see these issues.

* It is still possible to safely use Human Flight Control Modes and Waypoint Mode as long as Lost Connection is set to Continue Mission (LCMC).

We will send out another correspondence when this issue has been resolved.

Thanks for your understanding!
The Hangar Team

Reactions: jofus

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl