Warm place to a cold place

Reaction score
Hey guys, want to video our Xmas lights down our street , my problem is that there is 20" snow and -12 for temp, but my garage is heated , so could I take off from inside my garage and then fly outside to take some video with my P3P? Our would that be to much of a instant change in temp ?

Reaction score
What matters is the temp of the battery. If it starts out warmer than 25, you should be fine as it will warm up even more as it's used in flight.

Reactions: Dinodragon1

Mark The Droner

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
There were lots of posts last winter from people living in cold places such as Alaska that state they have no problem flying in temps as cold a zero degrees F and even colder. The trick is to be sure you warm your battery before you launch. 20C or more would be good.

Reaction score
Ok great , wasn't sure about warm to cold that fast , "shrinkage" lol

Reaction score
I have been getting a few cold battery warnings recently, I keep my equipment in a utility room,time to move it to a warmer place.
More of a problem is cold fingers, maybe need some tablet compatible gloves.
Cold frosty mornings, Winter sun, and snow scenes are too good to resist flying.
Set of with a warm battery and should be OK, but reduced flight times maybe? The battery does warm considerably in flight, but the wind chill may also be significant. I have flown through 2 winters now with no problems.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phantom Flyer 2019