WANTED Phantom 3 Pro Gimbal Main Board

Reaction score
Hi, I am looking for a fully functioning gimbal main board for my Phantom 3 Pro. Please get in touch if you have one or know where I can buy one
Thanks

I have a P3P gimbal and camera that the support arm was bent in a hard landing. I have it mostly apart to replace the arm, but I already installed a new package on the Phantom so I lost interest in fixing the old one. If you want the package as-is, make me an offer.

Hi, thanks for your reply.
I have a few questions before I commit to anything. First, I live in Spain, whereabouts are you based? The reason I ask is shipping costs, especially if you're in the USA. Second, do you have any proof or guarantee that the gimbal main board functions perfectly? Reason being, I bought a crashed gimbal which was advertised as having a snapped ribbon cable from eBay and when I received it, the main board was also broken. I paid $84 for that one

Many thanks
Robin

Hi Robin. Sorry, I am in the USA and I don't have any definitive proof that the board works, so I'll just wish you best of luck finding what you need.

Hi
No worries, thanks for trying to help. It's a minefield getting this thing fixed and DJI are no help at all
All the best man

Pegasus. What wrong with yours?
The gimbal on my drone has no video transmission and it won't take firmware. It'll take photos and video and move the gimbal though. I checked the logs and I get the dreaded lines 0800 and 1500 'device not detected' messages and from my research means the NAND chip is either corrupt or blown.
I also bought a crashed gimbal and it has a Camera Error 01 message inside DJI Go and won't read an SD card or display video

Yes. Sounds like a corrupted NAND. I hope you know thats a common problem that can be fixed quite easily?

Yes. Sounds like a corrupted NAND. I hope you know thats a common problem that can be fixed quite easily?
I've read a lot about re flashing it through the serial connection but i don't have a clue where to start with that. I don't have any of the equipment or knowhow to do it myself.
If you know of an easier way, I'd love to know

Thats the way to do it.

You start by getting the USB adaptor and then follow the instructions found in here.
Im sure SunsetCatcher and quaddamage will be willing to guide you if you have any questions.

It does require a soldering iron and basic soldering skills. (or a friend that can do this for you)

But wouldn't I need a re flashing or chip interface program? Also, I don't know where or how to take the components that I need from the firmware. I'm pretty sure I'd actually make it worse

You need this adaptor or similar:
Geekcreit® FT232RL FTDI USB To TTL Serial Converter Adapter Module For Arduino

Then you need to solder a few wires from the adaptor to the gimbal board, and hook it up to a PC with a terminal program. (If you use windows, Tera Term is free and will do fine)

SunsetCatcher made a zip file with all the files needed.
No image transmission signal - P3P

There is plenty of documentation in the thread and github, and lots of willing guys to help you.

I started from scratch myself, so I know it will require some time reading, but hey, it might save you $100, and if it happens again, you can fix it in no time ;-)

Then you need to solder a few wires from the adaptor to the gimbal board, and hook it up to a PC with a terminal program. (If you use windows, Tera Term is free and will do fine)

There is plenty of documentation in the thread and github, and lots of willing guys to help you.

I started from scratch myself, so I know it will require some time reading, but hey, it might save you $100, and if it happens again, you can fix it in no time ;-)
Wrecked, thank you very much for your help. I will certainly give it a go and see what happens :)

Hi again
I have a Mac, is there an equivalent program or will Terminal do?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl