WANT TO BUY Phantom Propeller Clamp Tool

Reaction score
I am in search of and wanting to buy a propeller wrench clamp tool for my Phantom 3 Advanced. I know they are not alway needed but I find great peace of mind in knowing that the propellers are securely fastened before taking off. I left min eon the deck lid of my car and drove away. I went back and found it but it had been run over a few times and was broken :). I can pay through Paypal. PLEASE HELP! I can't find these for sale anywhere!

I've got this one. Shoot me a price via pm

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    644.1 KB · Views: 697
Is there an advantage to using these? I just hold the gray part under the prop and tighten down the propellor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is there an advantage to using these? I just hold the gray part under the prop and tighten down the propellor.
Some people are using them as a tool to unscrew the lens filter. Other than that, it's not useful for much else since you can just hold the motor as you described.

Reactions: MrGarvey
Hello everybody. I have been also looking for the propeller clamp. Been looking for one to buy online but can't find it. If anybody has an extra one please message me. I really appreciate it. Thanks happy flying..

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Some people are using them as a tool to unscrew the lens filter. Other than that, it's not useful for much else since you can just hold the motor as you described.
If youve ever flipped the bird over in the dirt , or carried heavy external bats , or wore gloves in the winter, you'd know just how useful (almost necessary ) those motor clamps are

I always snug the propellers 1/4 turn with the tool before flight. I know some say it isn't necessary but I would rather be safe than sorry. Makes me feel much better when my phantom is hundreds of feet in the air!

I never use mine but I do agree with your choice to tighten before each flight.
Tightening is oK but over tightening is bad. Thats why I prefer to use my fingers and not the tool.

I always snug the propellers 1/4 turn with the tool before flight. I know some say it isn't necessary but I would rather be safe than sorry. Makes me feel much better when my phantom is hundreds of feet in the air!
That amount of extra torque seems excessive. YMMV
But hand tight is plenty sufficient. No need to white knuckle them.

RedHotPoker

Hello guys, i'm expecting my P3A to arrive in a couple of days.
Regarding the propellers tightening, how much force you say you'd put when screwing by hand?

Hello guys, i'm expecting my P3A to arrive in a couple of days.
Regarding the propellers tightening, how much force you say you'd put when screwing by hand?
Be sure to look at the base of the prop to verify it is down to the motor, then just make it snug by holding the motor while turning the prop.
I got one set of props that were really tight to thread on, so if I didn't look to be sure they were all the way down, I might have assumed they were properly installed when that was not the case.
They eventually loosened up and I am not sure which set they are now.

Reactions: vipercubic
Firm but not horsing it on. These new plastic hubs are self tightening on the Phantom 3, so a little bit past tight is plenty.
Infact, when you arm the motors, you will hear them speed up momentarily, to affirm the rotor blades are indeed securely fashioned. Active braking doesn't stop the motors turning.
Unlike my Heli-Max Voltage 500 3D which can reverse the motors direction of revolution.

RedHotPoker

Reactions: vipercubic
Spin your blades on, grasp the motor between your index and thumb and rotate each blade 1/8 inch or what some might call snug.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

I use a eight inch length of thick walled model airplane fuel tubing. Loop it around the motor and pinch it together tightly with one hand. It will have a lot of surface adhesion to the motor and you should be able to loosen the prop with the other hand.

Hope this helps.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl