Walkera TALI H500. What you think?

lol.......I dunno I thought it reads as though it has ??.................it would seem strange to me if it hadn't !?

yours confusedly

:D

pyrophantom said:
lol.......I dunno I thought it reads as though it has ??.................it would seem strange to me if it hadn't !?

yours confusedly

:D

Excellent. I don't mind being confused as long as I'm not alone... :shock: :shock: :shock:

-slinger

gunslinger said:
Okay... okay... GPS "mode"... I didn't get that it wasn't available from anything I read in their literature... Do we know this for certain?

Sounds like pazz is pretty certain (above)... having flown a pre-production version.
And the website does just say "GPS Position Hold". I would imagine that if it was GPS-assisted flight it would've been termed/described differently.

But I really don't see this as a huge issue, either way. If it only uses GPS for holding position (hovering), waypoints, etc... you don't really need it for flight, IMHO. And, in fact, NOT having full-time GPS assist could all but alleviate fly-aways.

I was just reading up on it. Appears to be available now starting at $1899.00. Something that caught my eye though was when it talked about the RTH or Fail-Safe, it said it will "attempt to return.....". :?

ProfessorStein said:
gunslinger said:
Okay... okay... GPS "mode"... I didn't get that it wasn't available from anything I read in their literature... Do we know this for certain?

Sounds like pazz is pretty certain (above)... having flown a pre-production version.
And the website does just say "GPS Position Hold". I would imagine that if it was GPS-assisted flight it would've been termed/described differently.

But I really don't see this as a huge issue, either way. If it only uses GPS for holding position (hovering), waypoints, etc... you don't really need it for flight, IMHO. And, in fact, NOT having full-time GPS assist could all but alleviate fly-aways.

Having said that it's not to say the the production model may have gps assisted flight mode.
Getting to test drive the heavier lifter x800 next week. Apparently has dual gps units , one mounted externally,
so should be a good stable straight flier!!!!! with no declination issues!!!!

JWarren said:
... when it talked about the RTH or Fail-Safe, it said it will "attempt to return.....". :?

That's all the Phantom promises. No drone would be able to absolutely guarantee that it WILL return. Too many extenuating circumstances and external hazzards.

Oh dear. If the pictures are indicative of the standard to be expected of the production model this is not a near $2000 electronic product. The soldering is absolutely dreadful and has the appearance that it was done by a chimpanzee with Parkinson's Disease. The wiring connecting the ESC's to the main board look as though they've been stripped and bared using someone's teeth and the connections have not been insulated using a silicon compound. The elecrolytic capacitors should really have been secured with silicon as well. I would also expect to see some sort of choking on the longer wires to reduce the effects of mutual coupling.

On the face of it Walkera may have sacrificed substance in an attempt to create style and I doubt any current Hex owner will be looking at this as a replacement unless Walkera make major improvements to their manufacturing process.

Regards

Nidge

Hey guys, you have to admit the soldering on those power connectors is AWFUL !!! OMG who have they got assembling them ??...the local schoolkids ??

If that is indicative of the quality of the board manufacture I would stay well away. That even makes DJIs soldering look good ! And before anyone pipes up about it not having to be in the military or medical spec (which it doesn't) I would still expect it to be done properly given its price tag. That just screams problem city, and makes you wonder if their QA dept can say thats acceptable and let it out to the market, whats their after sales service going to be like ???

Not for me that.

:|

Hope you don't ever have a low altitude fall with the gear up. The camera would break the fall.

JWarren said:
Hope you don't ever have a low altitude fall with the gear up. The camera would break the fall.
There are a number of platforms that are going to the retractable landing gear. Seems to be the way of things. And for someone who is really using their UAV as an aerial photography solution, it's the way to go. They're probably going to have all their equipment insured anyway.

Thanks Professor. I looked at having mine insured and State Farm said it would not do it. I didn't try and argue, and there might be some outfits that will insure our aircraft. If anyone knows of any I'd appreciate the heads up.

Do you happen to be asking about a RIDER to an EXISTING policy? They'll cover just about anything under a rider.

pyrophantom said:
Hey guys, you have to admit the soldering on those power connectors is AWFUL !!! OMG who have they got assembling them ??...the local schoolkids ??

Agreed, but those are pre-production samples according to the OP. There's even aluminum and some fiber bracing in them. You can also tell from the condition of some of the components like the receiver, that's it's quite used and roughed-up looking.

varmint said:
pyrophantom said:

Agreed, but those are pre-production samples according to the OP. There's even aluminum and some fiber bracing in them. You can also tell from the condition of some of the components like the receiver, that's it's quite used and roughed-up looking.

Thats fair enough if thats the case, it was hard to believe it could be that bad on production and be allowed out the door !

;)

Nice, but I think the price is still going to scare away many interested persons. IF and a big IF you are making $$$ with your videos or pictures, then cost is not a problem. Or you have a Lexus or two in your driveway, also not a problem. Just not for a person that just wants to shoot simple video in the air of whatever and does not require very high quality.
From a picture of this hex unit in the air with the landing gear under two props, I am surprised the guard haters here have not made comment on the landing gear being under the props. Maybe not enough material to cause a problem?

I am interested to know what is the payload capacity of this bird but all the specs I've read don't give it a mention. Given that it's a hex I'm thinking that it would have to be a little more than the Phantom. Anybody heard of any spec on this?

Avenger44 said:
Has any one placed an order and received a delivery date yet ?

Placed an order at Walkera and got a an order number, but it's been sitting in "preparing" for days. When I saw the iUAS (carbon black) version was going to be produced, I canceled just this evening via the "message" option, so we'll see how that works.

A few peculiarities with the whole process include NO order confirmation email, NO estimated shipping date, NO labeling such as "preorder" or "now shipping" and a stock quantity that never changes. If the lame order system wasn't at the Walkera site, itself, I never would have ordered in the first place.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20