Waiting for 1st flight!

Welcome to the forum! :)

How does a gps app track the drone while it's flying?
Are you referring to a specific GPS app?

The drone contains a GPS receiver and it will send its location back to DJI GO while you're flying (as long as the remote controller is connected to the drone). That data cannot be sent to other 3rd party apps while you're flying. The best you could do is retrieve the flight log after flying and read it with a program that is able to decrypt it.

If you're trying to track your drone's position in real-time as you're flying (outside of DJI GO), then you'll need to attach some kind of GPS tracker to your drone (like one of these). The tracker would be able to send its current location back to an app running on a mobile device that is connected to the Internet (via cellular or Wi-Fi).

If that doesn't answer your question, then please explain exactly what you'd like to do with the GPS data.

Welcome to PhantomPilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .:)

Hi from Pa! I bought a Phantom 3 std used. Have a Kindle Fire 8 with Google Play installed. How does a gps app track the drone while it's flying?
Ha hooked ,, hope you enjoy and don't be shy to reat manual :)

Hi from Pa! I bought a Phantom 3 std used. Have a Kindle Fire 8 with Google Play installed. How does a gps app track the drone while it's flying?
Hello from PA as well.

From your question, I think you need to do a lot of reading and research before you attempt to fly. Firstly, a Kindle Fire is a terrible choice for a tablet to fly a DJI product. As you know it does not natively support Google Play and you will have issues any time you want to install or update the relevant apps. Furthermore, it may or may not have adequate processing power to handle the load.

As to your GPS question, I don't quite even understand what you're asking. There is no "GPS app" necessary to fly your drone. You only need the drone itself, the controller, and the portable device with DJI Go loaded on it.

If I were you I'd work on learning to fly before i started thinking about going out very far. Of course I'm not you so I crashed pretty quick. As @WV. Rootman said take it slow
If I were you I'd work on learning to fly before i started thinking about going out very far. Of course I'm not you so I crashed pretty quick. As @WV. Rootman said take it slow
ok
Ok , thanks! I'll be carefull. I've been flying rc planes and heli's for about 8 years.

ok
Ok , thanks! I'll be carefull. I've been flying rc planes and heli's for about 8 years.
They definitely have there levels of demands on skill.
So do the DJI drones. DJI drones are super easy to fly, but it stops there. Don't take off over metal, watch battery stats, make sure RTH is recorded, understand the different modes and their differences. If not, you will cash.
The members on this forum can add so much more.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94