Vote hate or love the new layout

I do get on the site with my tablet. Although I can see what others have posted...if I try to post or reply...when the keyboard comes up, I can't see what I'm typing. Was not like this before the site change

Jacob, I am very pleased you are taking the initiative to improve the site. It's welcome despite much of the grumblings.

Some thoughts on the forum hierarchy:
  • I don't think "Help" and "Mods" sub-forums are necessary under each model. Much of what gets posted in the main model forum relates to help and modification and leaves them superfluous IMHO.
  • Zenmuse 2D/3D gimbals, Lightbridge, Ground Station are not just for the P2 and really shouldn't hang off of the P2 sub-forum. They should be at the same level as FPV.
  • Can we add boxes to the main directory for the model specific forums (e.g. P2, P2V, P2V+, etc.)? It would duplicate the banner navigation but makes it easier for scatter-brained people such as myself to have one comprehensive hierarchical directory in which to navigate.
Unrelated to navigation, we need to work on the stickies. There should be an index sticky in primary forums with links to stickied topics. There are some great threads on this forum that are buried and need to be pulled out into stickies.
+1

I go along with the idea that the menu hierarchy needs to be reviewed. I know if we are not careful we will end up with a flat structure, which is not necessarily intuitive nor easy to display, but I think some changes could be made. I for one would prefer to have the default forum as General Discussion rather than be shown a set of functions in the sub menu bar, and the top level forums in the page area, and then still need to click to get to General Discussion.
Consistency is key.

I am not sure why your reply is so hostile. I was in no way patronizing you. I said 'personaly I can't stand it." That is my opinion, nothing more. I have tried to use TT several times over the years but I just can't get used to it. If you love it I am glad it works for you. I was only trying to offer a possible solution to you.

As far as the site, I don't design or change it, I only moderate it, so you will need to direct those questions/comments towards Jacob as he would be the appropriate person to handle that. There are growing pains happening here and the powers that be seem to be tracking down and fixing issues at a fast rate. If the Inspire forum works properly then it is only a matter of time until this one is sorted out.
Modzilla.png

I do get on the site with my tablet. Although I can see what others have posted...if I try to post or reply...when the keyboard comes up, I can't see what I'm typing. Was not like this before the site change

I only use my tablet to read the site, never to post for the reasons you've explained with the keyboard. I wonder if the tablet version for firefox wouldn't help Monte.

I only useidea if I'm making mistakes. It's like writing blindfolded. my tablet to read the site, never to post for the reasons you've explained with the keyboard. I wonder if the tablet version for firefox wouldn't help Monte.
It worked fine before but now when I type, I have no I

Reactions: CarlJ
It worked fine before but now when I type, I have no I

rofl! Yes...I can see the problem all the way over here! I really hate my tablet sometimes...

Edit: Just checked posting from my Galaxy 10, and I'm able to post, but it's android based. I checked to see if firefox was available for Ipad, and they have plans to release an Ipad version, but have not done so yet.

I'm hoping that someone that owns an Ipad can offer you a better solution.

Edit to the edit: Firefox is indeed available now for Ipad. Here's the link: https://www.mac-webserver.com/

Last edited:
Still bitchin. My big problem is that I used to be able to set a preference for the threads to be displayed sorted last to first. That way you get the latest stuff on the first pages. This is a perfect example - 189 posts with this one. And don't tell me to hit the "Scroll to last unread post" or whatever it is - it doesn't work. Also the 1 of x only works for the displayed page. This format also takes up a lot more screen real estate.
IMO - it still sucks.

Jacob, I am very pleased you are taking the initiative to improve the site. It's welcome despite much of the grumblings.

Some thoughts on the forum hierarchy:
  • I don't think "Help" and "Mods" sub-forums are necessary under each model. Much of what gets posted in the main model forum relates to help and modification and leaves them superfluous IMHO.
  • Zenmuse 2D/3D gimbals, Lightbridge, Ground Station are not just for the P2 and really shouldn't hang off of the P2 sub-forum. They should be at the same level as FPV.
  • Can we add boxes to the main directory for the model specific forums (e.g. P2, P2V, P2V+, etc.)? It would duplicate the banner navigation but makes it easier for scatter-brained people such as myself to have one comprehensive hierarchical directory in which to navigate.
Unrelated to navigation, we need to work on the stickies. There should be an index sticky in primary forums with links to stickied topics. There are some great threads on this forum that are buried and need to be pulled out into stickies.
Thanks for the feedback.
1. I simply pulled over the threads from the old site and those were sub forums.
2. I tried to make it so the drop down gave you the most popular accessories for that aircraft. The P2 dropdown "Lightbridge" and the link on others go to the same forum. That way, all lightbridge info is in one place.
3. I have looked into it and might mess with it a little later on. I'm working out any bugs before moving to aesthetics.
Stickies- I'm still trying to come up with a way to incorporate stickies into the forum. I only deleted the stickies that had nothing in them.

Still bitchin. My big problem is that I used to be able to set a preference for the threads to be displayed sorted last to first.
There is a way for me to set this, but it changes the whole site for everyone with no option to go back. I think some people would be very upset. At this time, there is no way for me to set it on a case-by-case basis. Sorry.

Reactions: CarlJ
I think some people would be very upset.

What makes you say that, Jacob? This great bunch of guys? Upset? I can't see it...

Stickies- I'm still trying to come up with a way to incorporate stickies into the forum. I only deleted the stickies that had nothing in them.

We've needed stickies for the LONGEST time. Just the few improvments you've made so far have been a blessing, but stickies...oh man that would be heaven.

The entire new layout sucks, especially on a mobile device.
I mostly use a mobile when on here. Yes it can be slow, but that depends on the phones power. But the forum works fine when doing so.

We've needed stickies for the LONGEST time. Just the few improvments you've made so far have been a blessing, but stickies...oh man that would be heaven.
There was stickies on the old site too after I had them implemented. Problem is they can only be created by the admins, not moderators so they were under utilized.

I sure am glad this grumbling, NO OFFENCE grumblers, is going on wibble's thread and not mine.

I know this much. I'm going to wait till the site is compatible before I get a smart phone.

I sure am glad this grumbling, NO OFFENCE grumblers, is going on wibble's thread and not mine.

I know this much. I'm going to wait till the site is compatible before I get a smart phone.
Ya better get it know then cause I'm still trying to learn mine and had it for years !!
Ya think ya got it down and a new one comes out and then there ya go again...:rolleyes:

I gotta really dumb flip phone that can't even open most of the pics folks are sending me these days. But it does have a really nice ladies voice that tells me who's calling. :D

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT