Vote hate or love the new layout

UPDATE: The forum now "live" updates. It will give you alerts in real time like Facebook does. That way, if you are on another tab, you will see a "1" on the PhantomPilots tab and know you have an alert.

Bravo my good man. Thanks for all the goodies which keep popping up. :)

Reactions: Jacob
Still looking for the "your posts" button that provides full thread status for all the threads you've posted to.

Not sure its been mentioned but now the hot links at the top of forum do NOT take you to the relevant forum and miss the target location forum, Tried this on safari and firefox both with same results. The just goto lower than were the sub forum is.

Not sure its been mentioned but now the hot links at the top of forum do NOT take you to the relevant forum and miss the target location forum, Tried this on safari and firefox both with same results. The just goto lower than were the sub forum is.
The easiest way to use those is to hover over the target aircraft, then select the forum on the drop-down. I'm still working on that aspect.

Well, I am getting used to the new forum format.
I can't say that I love it,

But if we could PLEASE have a button to see,
"All New Posts",
I could live with everything else.

Thanks!

Well, I am getting used to the new forum format.
I can't say that I love it,

But if we could PLEASE have a button to see,
"All New Posts",
I could live with everything else.

Thanks!

Drop the "All" and you're all set.

Don't you see it above the thick Grey line at the top of the "Forums" section?

The "All" is superfluous.

Drop the "All" and you're all set.

Don't you see it above the thick Grey line at the top of the "Forums" section?

The "All" is superfluous.

It doesn't work that way for me using FF on Windows.
For example, in order for me to find this thread, I need to click to little house in the grey bar, click on General Discussion and scroll down through the posts to find it.
It's not listed in "New Posts".

Some of the other forums are the same way, like the P2 General Discussion.

So in order for me to see "All new posts", I have to hunt all over the forum to find them.

Does the forum work differently for you?

Thanks!

It doesn't work that way for me using FF on Windows.
For example, in order for me to find this thread, I need to click to little house in the grey bar, click on General Discussion and scroll down through the posts to find it.
It's not listed in "New Posts".

Some of the other forums are the same way, like the P2 General Discussion.

So in order for me to see "All new posts", I have to hunt all over the forum to find them.

Does the forum work differently for you?

Thanks!

I am also running FF on Windows.
Do you see any others such as 'Mark forums read', or Search forums, or watched forums?

Yes, I see those.

Yes, I see those.

OK its on the same line.

Do you see "..." three periods or dots?
This means your screen is not big enough to see them all.

Hover over them and see if you get the 'New Posts" choice.

I see the button that says new posts, it just doesn't display all new posts. Here is a screen shot when clicking on new posts. This thread should be listed.
ryhhf.PNG

I see the button that says new posts, it just doesn't display all new posts. Here is a screen shot when clicking on new posts. This thread should be listed.View attachment 16980

That's them!

But you first have to mark all the existing ones read using the 'Mark Forums Read' selection.

The when you click new posts it will be empty until new ones are posted since you marked them read.

I'll give that a try and report back,
I don't understand why you would have to do that though.

I'll give that a try and report back,
I don't understand why you would have to do that though.

You don't have to cause the new ones are on the top and scroll down as others come after.

Marking them all read just eliminates all the others PRIOR to marking them read and it's easier (for me) that way.

Ok, I marked all forums read.
Then rechecked new posts. this thread is still not there.
aaaa.PNG

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT