Visual feed loss and subsequent crash. Suggestion on repair services?

Reaction score
The P4 was about 30 meters from me and at 16 feet when...

I was doing some tests with my P4 and the video feed went green screen for a few seconds in the middle of a course correction. Lost visual control on a landing coming out of what looked like a course malfunction visually with a sudden loss of GPS lock. The P4 hit a grazed a tree trunk while completely off visual feed. The feed had appeared to be correct prior to losing it but once the live feed came out of green screen it was completely off and the damage had been done.

The P4 was able to be manually flown back to home point though errantly and managed to land it. It was like the collision had scrambled the gyroscope and compass. I powered up off and ran the bird through preflight check. Everything appeared to be fine. However Camera was unable to focus and at lift off the P4 was flying like a drunk sailor. So I man handled the bird to a soft landing and powered off.

It appears that the gimble is loose now. Checked engines they seemed to be ok. But the bird has little control over camera and cannot fly stable.

Has anyone has these issues and crashed or avoided a crash and seen these problems?

Does anyone know where the best repair services are on the east coast of USA?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

same boat but im in atlanta, was told 3weeks, mines still fly so I cant gp 3weeks with out flying my bird, so ima going to put it in the shop ,When i buy another one, lol i love the p4 so much i want 2 ,

go on dji website, & go to car/repairs and find the shop close to you then call, Be prepared for a 3week without the bird, its sucks, & next time, im def flying my bird more careful,& in a clear area of trees

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl