Vision positioning sensor error.

Reaction score
So, flying out on the field, first noticed a problem whilst taking an AEB 5 shot. Normally the photo button has a wee loading circle going round it for a second or 2 while its saving the 5 shots. Nothing this time. Then up pops a red error saying front facing sensor error. 2 seconds later I suddenly have no signal. Bird was up above me maybe 80 meters so was fine to land. Checked the bird status and it said it was abnormal and to recalibrate vision positioning sensors, fine no problem. How the hell do I do that? showed me an animation on screen about holding the bird and making a square motion? checked youtube and every recalibration is done with a laptop screen?

Thoughts?

So, flying out on the field, first noticed a problem whilst taking an AEB 5 shot. Normally the photo button has a wee loading circle going round it for a second or 2 while its saving the 5 shots. Nothing this time. Then up pops a red error saying front facing sensor error. 2 seconds later I suddenly have no signal. Bird was up above me maybe 80 meters so was fine to land. Checked the bird status and it said it was abnormal and to recalibrate vision positioning sensors, fine no problem. How the hell do I do that? showed me an animation on screen about holding the bird and making a square motion? checked youtube and every recalibration is done with a laptop screen?

Thoughts?
Yip I have same going on but I just keep clearing it,has not returned for a while,but I know about it,you need dji assistant ,I personally have had no luck with this ,does not seem to like my android tablet,it will load but do nothing,,gave up,just cleared warning on screen and from through "warnings" in app,still flys and hover like normal ,some just turn them off like obstical avoidence,

Assistant2 runs great on my Win10 desktop, and I have done the recal of the vision sensors, no problem. I don't think it's supposed to run on a tablet.

The Assistant2 runs on Windows and Mac. Go to DJI downloads and get the appropriate one. Install and follow the directions. There are plenty of YouTube videos if you run into trouble.

There may have been two issues going on here. Flying directly above you (the remote actually) can be prone to disconnects due to antenna positioning, and the higher the copter is, the more likely this issue becomes. It’s a ‘don’t panic’ moment. Extend the antennas parallel to the ground and it should reconnect.

Regarding the VPS, first, be sure the sensors are not dirty with dust or whatever. Then use the latest Dji Assistant to perform a calibration.

This video may be dated but the basics are the same.

Update. Got round to trying this fix. Must add that its pure nonsense having to do it on a computer and not mobile/tablet. Anyway, got assistant 2 downloaded and ran the calibration tests. All went fine then at the end it says error screen size problem? What on earth is this.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT