Vision positioning question

Reaction score
i bought a p3p off of eBay for a decent deal..everything looked legit as far as the description pictures and seller ratings, but I received my p3p today and noticed that there's 2 gray cables coming from the gimbal..the one that is supposed to plug into the vision positioning isn't plugged into it, and after looking closer there is nowhere to plug it into..nothing looks damaged or broken so I'm wondering what that cable is for and if it's safe to fly without it..any help would be appreciated

**i had a phantom 1 before I bought this, so the whole gimbal thing is new to me**

did you due a imu on level surface

did you due a imu on level surface
I'm not 100% sure what an imu is (sorry I'm a rookie) but I just tried turning everything on without blades..control came on and I upgraded firmware..but wouldn't connect to the aircraft..when I first turned the drone on the gimbal rotated and then went stationary but after about 5 seconds went limp

There are 2 grey multiwire plugs. One (wider one) comes from inside belly of drone to the large plug in on gimbal top. The short narrow grey multiwire goes from the small plug @ the gimbal top to the Vision Positioning plug in.

So a large and small plug in located on the gimbal and a small plug in on the vision position module.

There are 2 grey multiwire plugs. One (wider one) comes from inside belly of drone to the large plug in on gimbal top. The short narrow grey multiwire goes from the small plug @ the gimbal top to the Vision Positioning plug in.
That's what I was thinking, but there is nowhere to plug the short narrow one into on the vision positioning housing..Im not sure what's going on here..I may have got scammed

Sounds almost like a combo of two different models.....

Did you buy it as new or used? Got a photo of the cables?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 370
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    980.6 KB · Views: 318
The pic looks about right but the small multi wire from the gimbal top must be able to snap into the Vision end just the same as it did on the gimbal. Basicall a short multiwire cable withe the same type plud on each end of cable. AND the same female plugin in each, the gimbal and on the vision module.

The pic looks about right but the small multi wire from the gimbal top must be able to snap into the Vision end just the same as it did on the gimbal. Basicall a short multiwire cable withe the same type plud on each end of cable. AND the same female plugin in each, the gimbal and on the vision module.
But with the female plug not on the vision module..is there any way to connect the gimbal or the aircraft itself to the RC

Is it possible that the small gray cable is reversed? The end that's sticking out looks more like the end that plugs into the camera.

Brandon....Not really, at least not properly. Is the female multi wired plug on the vision board or simply missing?

Last edited:
I can't tell from mine if it only uses 6 pins out of a larger number located on the vision piece or if it is like yours and just uses 6 out of of those numerous ones you have.

Will it plug in properly with what you have?

The cable appears to have different connectors on either end.

large_HK8A0740.jpg

Brandon....Not really, at least not properly. Is the female multi wired plug on the vision board or simply missing?
It's completely missing..I appreciate everyone's responses and effort to help..but I found out that the serial numbers on the box match for the rc and aircraft but not for the camera..not exactly sure why the rc wouldn't connect to the craft, but spoke to the eBay seller just a few minutes ago and I'm taking it by fedex tomorrow for a full refund..Guess sometimes it's better to pay a little more to make sure you know exactly what you're getting..Now gotta find me a legit p3p once I get my money back

It appears there are 2 different vision modules (one is part 36 and one is part 37?) not sure what I got..but hopefully they're sincere about the refund and I'll start from scratch and get a brand new one in a "sealed" box

There are also two different 4K cameras.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.