Vision Pilot Android app Follow Me beta

Reaction score
We would like to introduce some new GS features(eg. Follow me, POI) for our vision pilot app. If you want to join the beta testing, you could add our group.

Demo for using follow me:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Demo for using follow me mode to execute Point of Interest POI:

Last edited:
Before testing, please watch this demo video

Vision Pilot Android: Custom GPS Mode

Safety

To execute the Custom GPS Mode, it is recommended you have two persons to control the remote and the android device. One person will carry the android device and be followed by your Phantom, and one person will carry the controller and be ready to regain manual control at any time.

To switch out of custom GPS Mode and regain manual control, toggle the remote S1 switch to Atti mode and then toggle the S1 switch to GPS Atti mode.

Setup

• Make sure your phantom operates in Phantom Control Mode.
  • Power on both your Phantom and range extender.
  • Connect your android device to Phantom Wi-Fi network.

Start Custom GPS mode

• Tag Mode button to enter the custom GPS mode settings (eg. mode, distance, angle).
  • Take-off and climb to the altitude that you want the drone to maintain.
  • Confirm the target marker (red circle shown in the map) is in correct location.
  • Tag custom GPS mode button to activate Hover / Follow mode.
  • While specified mode is ready to start, the Mode mode button will turn blue.

Mode

• Hover : rotate your phantom to point to your android device while hovering at specified altitude.
  • Follow : track your android device at a specified bearing, altitude and distance.

Distance

The distance determines the horizontal distance between the actor and your phantom.

Angles

• 180° - Phantom follows behind the actor at a specified distance.
  • 0° - Phantom flies in front of the actor, facing towards it and maintaining a specified distance.
  • -90°/90° - Phantom keeps pace with the actor on either their left or right side, faces towards it, and maintains a specified distance.

Last edited:
One of our customers asked if our app works on naza mode?

Vision Pilot works fine in NAZA mode. But if you want to activate the failsafe while your phantom is in follow me mode, before doing that, you need to toggle the remote S1 switch to Atti mode to switch out of the follow me mode.

BEWARE BETA TESTERS!
To all of you willing to help this developer resolve the problems with this beta app: Instead of being rewarded for their risk taking and helpful action, of risking your equipment to fly with an untested app, to help someone develop and app to make money,
Beta testers are NOT payed by this risky work: they have to PAY THEMSELVES to help this developer make money with an app, and risk their equipment in the process.
Good luck Vision Pilot

BEWARE BETA TESTERS!
To all of you willing to help this developer resolve the problems with this beta app: Instead of being rewarded for their risk taking and helpful action, of risking your equipment to fly with an untested app, to help someone develop and app to make money,
Beta testers are NOT payed by this risky work: they have to PAY THEMSELVES to help this developer make money with an app, and risk their equipment in the process.
Good luck Vision Pilot
Isn't that already understood when you agree to enter as a "beta" tester??
Even using the office dji app we're all warned to "use at your own risk".

Isn't that already understood when you agree to enter as a "beta" tester??
Even using the office dji app we're all warned to "use at your own risk".
That is not the "use at your own risk" that is shoking.
What is choking is that you have to PAY to HELP the developer test it.
I've been testing ios and android apps, and I'm a developer myself, and never did I payed or charged someone to help me test an app.
They are HELPING ME making money from an app, and with quad apps they are risking a lot of money in the process.
I think it's laughable to charge anyone for that

So you believe they should give their work away AND take responsibility for dozens, if not hundreds of 1k+ pieces of equipment??? Not following your logic I guess.

As for paying to help test it, NO. You pay for the released version of the app THEN you REQUEST or agree to help test an unfinished, unproven version of it.

If the developer just gave their work away and agreed to take responsibility for the tester’s equipment ….well….I’m sorry. I just don’t see the reason for you WARNING people about something that is completely voluntary. If you don’t agree, don’t participate.

So you believe they should give their work away AND take responsibility for dozens, if not hundreds of 1k+ pieces of equipment??? Not following your logic I guess.

As for paying to help test it, NO. You pay for the released version of the app THEN you REQUEST or agree to help test an unfinished, unproven version of it.

If the developer just gave their work away and agreed to take responsibility for the tester’s equipment ….well….I’m sorry. I just don’t see the reason for you WARNING people about something that is completely voluntary. If you don’t agree, don’t participate.

Maybe I'm to blame, since English is not my main language, so maybe I wasn't clear. Lets try again:
This is about a developer CHARGING people to WORK for him.
Never did I say the developer should take responsibility for the testers equipment.
What I say was: the testers are asked to take risk their equipment testing an untested app AND INSTEAD OF GETTING PAYED, THEY HAVE TO PAY THE DEVELOPER to help him test his app.

You as a developer want people to work for you testing your app, the least you should do is NOT to charge testers that app. That is how I as a developer do, and that is what happens in every app test I've been as Tester too.

And YES a WARNING is need because the developer as made a post asking for testers, and in NOWHERE in that post does he say "you must pay to be a tester". That is what this warning is all about.

NO! I was asked to PAY not for a released version, but an unfinished, unproven version to be downloaded from the TESTING section of the play store.

Greedy Developers are the worst type of developers, and they shame as all.

BEWARE BETA TESTERS!
Good luck Vision Pilot

Hi, macsoft. we know your concern. so we take your advice and now you can download the binary in our groups

Also, we like your idea "panned curve". could you tell us more about it. do you have a demo video to illustrate it? thanks.

I'm not sure what it is, but developers really should take care of their beta testers in some way or another.

If you say you get versions of the app before others is a benefit, that only depends on how often the developer sends a update to the main version. Most of them send as soon they feel they are stable enough because they are generally competing with other developers and want the app with the most whiz bang to it in order to draw in more users to buy their app. Sometimes it's the guy with the coolest features that has the largest customer base.

I have herd there is over 600k phantoms. You would think a developer could at least get 2.5% of those 600k to buy their $10 app. I know some of you are thinking you know they would get way more then 5%, but I'll just use 2.5% for my explanation. So 2.5% of 600k is 15,000 users. Add in the roughly $10 each pays for their app and puts $150,000 in the developers pockets.

So regardless if a developer doesn't charge $10, or if the developer has more then 2.5% users, it does make sense that developers look out for their beta testers in some way or another. Telling each of them thank you would be a good place to start. :)

-Frank

Angles

• 180° - Phantom follows behind the actor at a specified distance.
  • 0° - Phantom flies in front of the actor, facing towards it and maintaining a specified distance.
  • -90°/90° - Phantom keeps pace with the actor on either their left or right side, faces towards it, and maintains a specified distance.

I'm not sure I understand what values to change to get the Phantom to circle the POI.

Can you point me to a time stamp in the video?

Thanks,
Kevin

I remember DJI Ultimate when it went from his web site to google beta testing and testings had to pay for the app. Although beta it was still having to pay for it. It works well. I don't see any issue with it, you agree to it. I think if your in the beta you should get it for 50% off or once the application is released to public then 50% refund or credit is applied.

I have herd there is over 600k phantoms. You would think a developer could at least get 2.5% of those 600k to buy their $10 app. I know some of you are thinking you know they would get way more then 5%, but I'll just use 2.5% for my explanation. So 2.5% of 600k is 15,000 users. Add in the roughly $10 each pays for their app and puts $150,000 in the developers pockets.
Or you could look at the app and how many times it's been downloaded. One of the more popular apps is at 1,000 - 5,000. A far cry from 15,000. Lets call that 2500, the 1/2 way mark. At $10 per user that is $25,000. I nice amount but no where near $150,000.

Edit: Another is at 100 - 500. Lets call that 250 for a total of $2,500 (and I think it's currently the best 3rd party app out for Android).

I'm not sure I understand what values to change to get the Phantom to circle the POI.

Can you point me to a time stamp in the video?

Thanks,
Kevin

Hi, currently the beta version does not have the circle mode. What the video

shown is that using the follow me mode, we turn the android device 360 degree slowly to circle the POI.

More beta test today,

Phantom flies in front of the android device, facing towards it and maintaining a specified distance.

Side Pan: Phantom keeps pace with the android device on either their left or right side, faces towards it, and maintains a specified distance.

Circle mode:

Last edited:
O would like to be a beta tester

We are very close to the final release, if you have any suggestion, please join our beta testing by adding our group. The beta testing is free and you do not need to buy the app before testing.

Actually we got several local customers to test our app. We just added you to the group. Feedback is welcome.

Last edited:
Does anyone have the link or can send me the download for the Dji pilot app beta version that restores all the channels for better reception !? I seen someone with it and it has all 30+ channels instead of 14 or so that the new version has which reduces the signal strength greatly! I may even be willing to pay someone if they can help me get the old version or a new beta version that allows all the channels and allows you to pick a channel and select what speed you want the video feed to transmit at! Please email me ASAP!
[email protected]

I tried to sign up but it asked me to upload a passport I don't have one so I tried to upload my drivers license photo and it keeps saying must upload photo of visa or certificate can someone help me? 954-675-8835 [email protected]

I am looking for the pilot app that had 1-32 channels to manually or auto pick from

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 434
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 419

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads