Vision or Non-Vision?

Reaction score
Hello all, I am quite new to this but still have done some research. If you were to buy again would you buy the regular phantom 2 non-vision and equip it with a go pro and a gimbel with a iosd? or go for the vision? I decided to buy the vision because it was ready to go out of the box and i was not quite sure about the video feedback on the non-vision. I am not impressed with the vision camera as the gimbel is pretty shaky and the brushless upgraded gimbels for the vision are extremely expensive... My other question for those who have both a vision and a non-vision version.... How much does the non-vision cost with a go-pro and the fpv equipment?

I am almost ready to sell my vision and buy the non-vision with the go-pro as i could use the go pro on other stuff... how does everyone feel about their vision?

This is a pretty common question. I sold my Vision and purchased a Phantom 2 with gimbal and FPV setup for about the same price as a vision. It is such a better setup for me all around. No shaky video, no compass or one of the many other Vision issues I had. I am very happy with my P2.

Hey kamkilla, there are literally dozens of threads talking about this very issue strewn through the sites already. Some of us who have voiced our experiences\attitude toward it may not rewrite them again in new threads, so you might want to search the site for them. The link on my sig points to a more powerful google search customised for this site that you can use.

I would treat the Vision as an "as is" setup. Everyone's personal experience and opinion will be different. It's pointless asking me, because I'd say yes I'd still have the Vision over the P2 - but without outlining my whole personal situation and reasons it's meaningless for you. Ditto people who like the P2.

Only you can decide, knowing what you intend to use an aircraft for. If you've researched then you know what the Vision can do out of the box, and it's limitations in imaging and stability. You also know what the P2 can't do out of the box and what you'll need to do and spend to add some of the Vision's features missing as stock on P2, but also what the video quality and stabilisation are like.

kamkilla said:
Hello all, I am quite new to this but still have done some research. If you were to buy again would you buy the regular phantom 2 non-vision and equip it with a go pro and a gimbel with a iosd? or go for the vision? I decided to buy the vision because it was ready to go out of the box and i was not quite sure about the video feedback on the non-vision. I am not impressed with the vision camera as the gimbel is pretty shaky and the brushless upgraded gimbels for the vision are extremely expensive... My other question for those who have both a vision and a non-vision version.... How much does the non-vision cost with a go-pro and the fpv equipment?

I am almost ready to sell my vision and buy the non-vision with the go-pro as i could use the go pro on other stuff... how does everyone feel about their vision?
I do not understand the compass comment, doesn't the P2 have a compass ?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl