Vision+ camera and and possibility to edit bitrate?

Hopefully you can find the write value to writeb. I'd be worried about writing the wrong value to the wrong hex and bricking the camera.
You shouldn't brick anything because writeb afaik write in ram and in the worst case should be enough to remove the autoexec from the memory card

You shouldn't brick anything because writeb afaik write in ram and in the worst case should be enough to remove the autoexec from the memory card

Ah ok I wasn't sure what the writeb did. So simply rebooting will wipe the changes.

Have you tried to record with sharpness = soft?
I did some flying today and tested 1080p30 with soft shapness setting and the video is completely useless. All the detail disappear and I don't think that any post processing will get it back. I also filmed in 1080p30 narrow FOV and standard sharpness and I was quite pleased with the results. Shooting in narrow FOV makes almost all the oversharpening problems disappear.

I did some flying today and tested 1080p30 with soft shapness setting and the video is completely useless. All the detail disappear and I don't think that any post processing will get it back. I also filmed in 1080p30 narrow FOV and standard sharpness and I was quite pleased with the results. Shooting in narrow FOV makes almost all the oversharpening problems disappear.
With wide FOV at 1080 30p and sharpness set to standard is not ok? What do you mean with over sharpening?

Hi guys. I deeply appreciate the work carried out to improve the quality of the p2v+ video. I had flashed the latest mod fw and video quality had improved alot for 720p 30 and 60 fps.

So, whats by yours opininion, is the best p2v+ camera video resolution/framerate settings (not taking into account others camera settings) to achieve the best possible video quality ? In my opinion it's 720p60.

So, whats by yours opininion, is the best p2v+ camera video resolution/framerate settings (not taking into account others camera settings) to achieve the best possible video quality ? In my opinion it's 720p60.

I must admit that the 720p60 looks buttery smooth and it has plenty of detail too. It's really hard to choose between better resolution and smoother video. 1080p60 would be ideal ;-)

Hi guys, may I know where do I set the narrow or wide FOV?
dji app -> camera -> camera settings (gear icon below video record button) -> third icon from top on left (with camera sign and current resolution, on new menu, which appeared, when you pressed gear icon) -> choose desired resolution/frame rate.

Hi Nerius, the option to choose 16:9 or 4:3 screen is equivalent to wide and narrow FOV respectively?

Hi Nerius, the option to choose 16:9 or 4:3 screen is equivalent to wide and narrow FOV respectively?
No. On video settings you should see option to set wide or narrow: it looks like small windows icons with pointers on a right of video resolution settings: one is wider (this is wide mode), another is narrow. Not all video settings has this additional setting: only 1080i60, 1080p30 and 1080p25.

I've been fiddling with autoexec.ash commands since my last post here, but without any succes regarding resolution improvement. It was a very slow process as I couldn't get a direct shell to camera (Ambsh shell). it's maybe possible to get the direct shell with a serial console connection to ttyS0 or ttyS1 from the 192.168.1.10 system

Here is my finding till now :

- The ambarella chip is A5S and the sensor is Aptina MT9F002 (found while reading strings in PRI.bin and some debug output commands)

Sensor datasheet here : https://www.aptina.com/assets/downloadDocument.do?id=1093 (very interesting reading)

- The A5s is not capable of 1080p@60 according to the datasheet

- The sharpness setting is indeed controlled by the t ia2 -adj tidx command, the lower the value the more sharpness you get.

- Many of the warp and lens commands didn't do anything

- Digital zoom is possible with t ia2 -adj jump command, but it is useless

There is definitly something different between the narrow and wide field in 1080p. The narrow field of view seems to get more internal resolution to work with before processing by the DSP and also the "binning" process is different. This is confirmed by looking at the debug ouput of the "dmesg dsp_debug" and "t sensor -brief" commands in autoexec. Here is some outputs :

Wide fov "t sensor -brief" :
binning_status: 1

Narrow fov "t sensor -brief" :
binning_status: 0

Wide fov "dmesg dsp_debug -50" :
[code:th1:8553] video_process cfg actual
VIDEO_PROCESS_WIN_GET_ACT_WIN_HEIGHT 1088 VIDEO_PROCESS_WIN_GET_ACT_WIN_WIDTH 1920
[code:th1:8556] capture_calc_cfa_output_for_zooming: *p_cfaOutputNumRows is 1088
[code:th1:8557] capture_calc_cfa_output_for_zooming: *p_cfaOutputNumCols is 1920

Narrow fov "dmesg dsp_debug -50" :
[code:th1:9651] video_process cfg actual
VIDEO_PROCESS_WIN_GET_ACT_WIN_HEIGHT 1296 VIDEO_PROCESS_WIN_GET_ACT_WIN_WIDTH 2304
[code:th1:9654] capture_calc_cfa_output_for_zooming: *p_cfaOutputNumRows is 1296
[code:th1:9655] capture_calc_cfa_output_for_zooming: *p_cfaOutputNumCols is 1920

So this why 1080p Wide fov looks jaggy, there is some scaling wich is not right.
The thing now is that I don't have any clue on how to change these values...I'm not an experienced programmer. Maybe there is some sort of resolution table with parameters like for the bitrate table, thant can be changed directly in the firmware or with the wirtew and writeb commands, but I don't know where to look....

Here is a link to many of the autoexec commands output :

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4TnoBfvvkIoa1FIaTlJd0ZrYXc

Sorry for the long post.

Reactions: StevenQX
Config file is interesting but read only (output from "config" command). see attached

Attachments

• config.txt
    20.6 KB · Views: 429
Afaik there are 3 A5S processor: A5S30-A5S60-A5S90

The first two are not capable of 1080 60p, the S90 is capable of. We don't know what is inside but at least worth a try

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT