Vision App

I have the same problem. My Samsung S3 connects just fine then after a few seconds I get a message '' Phantom Connection Broken''. I tried everything, all the suggested fixes, to no avail. It seems to be a common problem and no solutions.

Hdman1216 said:
I appreciate everyone's response. I know how to connect to the Phantom wi-Fi. The app has worked before. No
Hard landings (only had 1 flight). The only thing different is that I downloaded new firmware to my SD Card.
Could that be it?
Should the firmware be downloaded to the USB port on the top of the gimbal?
I just do not understand why there is a new issue EVERY time I think about flying!

This is the most user unfriendly POS I have EVER owned.

Wow, That's the exact opposite of my experience, I thought it was so easy and simple that I bought 2 more phantoms within a month. I did spend hours and hours online learning the first weeks after crashing the first one on the first day. I was impatient and did not wait for sat lock, my bad!
The only firmware that you put on sd card is the camera update and. All other firmware is via usb and pc. The specifics of how to do these things are found here on this site with a little searching. I will be happy to help if you need any!
This is a very high tech piece of technology that is very user friendly but it does require a bit of learning as anything does that is worthwhile.

If I told you something you already know I am sorry in advance, I have been a tech for 30 years and it is hard to know what the user with an issue does or does not know. But it seems rather than the Phantom misbehaving you may be doing something incorrectly.

I turn on the transmitter, the wifi booster, then the bird in that order.

Only after the bird starts transmitting can the phone get the ip address and connect to the bird by wifi. Many phones will not auto connect to the phantom wifi and you may need to go to into the wifi settings of the phone and manually select and connect to the phantoms wifi signal. This is especially true if you are within range of other wifi signals. If the app is open before the phone is connected properly to the phantoms wifi signal it will not work properly and will have to be closed down and reopened.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20