Vision App

Reaction score
I am connected to the Phantom wi-Fi but the vision app says " connection the phantom failed".
What now?
1. Turn on extender
2. Turn on controller
3. Turn on Phantom 2 Vision +
4. Switch wi-Fi on Apple Phone to Phantom
5. Start Vision app
6. "CONNECTION TO PHANTOM FAILED"

That is exactly by the book.

HELP

Hdman1216 said:
I just did. No help.
Thanks though

Have you had a hard landing?
If so, high chances that the 3 grey cables have dislodged.
There are 3 sets of cables from the phantom down to the gimbal board - 1 is a clip-in, the other 2 sets are plugins. Use tweezers and remove and inspect. Then plug firmly back in. The culprit usually is the clip-in. Check the pins and make sure they sit correctly.

I had same problem. Cause was a failed wi-fi transmitter in the Phantom. Hopefully yours is just loose cable. If transmitter fails, you not only don't get a video, you don't get any telemetry info either (battery level, altitude, speed, etc.).

Hdman1216 said:
I am connected to the Phantom wi-Fi but the vision app says " connection the phantom failed".
What now?
1. Turn on extender
2. Turn on controller
3. Turn on Phantom 2 Vision +
4. Switch wi-Fi on Apple Phone to Phantom
5. Start Vision app
6. "CONNECTION TO PHANTOM FAILED"

That is exactly by the book.

HELP

For clarification - after step 4, does the WiFi symbol appear at the top of the iPone screen to indicate a WiFi connection to the PV2+ was established? In the first window of the Vision app on startup does it indicate a WiFi connection to the Phantom was established?

Have you checked that the wifi you are connected to starts with Phantom_XXXXX and not one from the house?
Make sure that your wifi device is set so it DOES NOT switch to a stronger wifi signal. You make sure by removing all the wifi profiles on your smart device.

Also make sure that you don't have a second device trying to connect to it.

I have to tell my phone to use the phantom wifi connection, so go to the wifi connection screen on the phone after you have turned on the phantom and make sure it is connected to the phantom wifi connection. Then the app should work. You don't have to remove other profiles that you use, I don't and have no issues.

I appreciate everyone's response. I know how to connect to the Phantom wi-Fi. The app has worked before. No
Hard landings (only had 1 flight). The only thing different is that I downloaded new firmware to my SD Card.
Could that be it?
Should the firmware be downloaded to the USB port on the top of the gimbal?
I just do not understand why there is a new issue EVERY time I think about flying!

This is the most user unfriendly POS I have EVER owned.

I just got a phantom 2 vison # checked firmware said it was the new one tried to get ioc to work can't find how to turn it on it allways says off and if you put it in Manuel what does that do thanks

lmlm01 said:
I just got a phantom 2 vison # checked firmware said it was the new one tried to get ioc to work can't find how to turn it on it allways says off and if you put it in Manuel what does that do thanks

Don't do anything until you have read the manuals. The stickies above are probably your best source of information. If you don't know what manual mode is, don't even attempt to engage it!

Read, watch, read and watch some more.

I have read the manual and I also have a phantom 2 which I have flown many times but never put firmware in it

Hdman1216 said:
I appreciate everyone's response. I know how to connect to the Phantom wi-Fi. The app has worked before. No
Hard landings (only had 1 flight). The only thing different is that I downloaded new firmware to my SD Card.
Could that be it?
Should the firmware be downloaded to the USB port on the top of the gimbal?
I just do not understand why there is a new issue EVERY time I think about flying!

This is the most user unfriendly POS I have EVER owned.

I could not agree more with Hdman1216. I have had my P2V+ for no more than two weeks and I am completely fed up with the fact that every time I go to fly this $1400 piece of ****, I have some sort of technical issue that keeps me from doing so. This is not right and I want some answers, and I don't want that answer to be sending it back to Lord knows where, for them to keep it for 3 months to get it repaired! I can fly the thing fine and the camera works fine, but the chances of me being able to see what the camera sees on my phone is about 2%. Please HELP...anyone.

For some reason, now my camera won't show in my Vision App. I have a P2V+ v3.0

Is this DJI's way of forcing me to upgrade firmware?

UPDATE: After performing 2 or 3 Re-Binds, I now get a feed and telemetry, etc. once again. Problem solved. I'm still going to leave open my tech support ticket to see how long it takes them to respond and to see what they think may have been the problem.

djsydvicious said:

No close and reopen the app

general01 said:
djsydvicious said:

I've flown this Quad plenty of times with no problems. I flew as recent as this past Satuday with no problems.

This just started today.

I have opened, closed and reopened. No Luck.

I have Re-Binded... No Luck.

I did and Advanced IMU Calibration... No Luck.

My Phone connects to the Phantom. However, I can't get the Vison App to show vitals, telemetry, and picture.

djsydvicious said:
general01 said:
djsydvicious said:

I've flown this Quad plenty of times with no problems. I flew as recent as this past Satuday with no problems.

This just started today.

I have opened, closed and reopened. No Luck.

I have Re-Binded... No Luck.

I did and Advanced IMU Calibration... No Luck.

My Phone connects to the Phantom. However, I can't get the Vison App to show vitals, telemetry, and picture.

Does the wifi logo turn blue?
If so then it's connected to the bird if not then likely the wifi module has failed

I always turn on Tx first, wifi 2nd & third the bird.

+1 to general01

But before you spend 200 bucks on a new wifi module... try the following:
Get another smart device. Make sure it has 2 gigs free.
Make sure you don't have another device connected to your phantom. If you have 2 devices connected, the fpv will not appear.
And lastly, sometimes after a hard landing, the 3 sets of grey cables from the phantom to the gimbal board can dislodge or even get damaged. The culprit cable usually is the 4pin-clip on. Unplug the 3 sets of cables using tweezers, inspect them and make sure no pins have come loose. And then plug them back in firmly.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20