Vision App radar gives wrong heading

Update again lol... so it wasnt my rotaton... well that didn't help the situation... but anyways went for a flight and it was off 90 degree's.. loaded up gps status.. (runs in background anyways) no diff.... clicked calibration... moved my phone (on the controller) in all diff directions on the 3 axis... and bam 100%, went back to DJI App and perfectly straight!

So yeah give it a go...

Big thanks, again to Robinb for the 'GPS Status' tip :)

Justin, I don't think you have to run any other app other than the vision one to recalibrate. I have the S4 and when I see my heading is wrong after starting up the vision application, I just rotate the phone 3 times in all 3 axis. It resets the compass without other GPS software running. You have an S5 so maybe it's different. But its worth a try so you don't have to have multiple applications running.

Ah ok kind of makes sense... Just figured I needed to go into "calibrate compass" mode (in GPS status) do it and click OK.... but will give that a go :)

Thanks for the tip... Probs exact same for S4/S5.

Had no clue the phone actually had an affect on the heading till you folks mentioned it a few pages back.

I moved from an iPhone which was ok to the s3 and came across the problem straight away (seems to be a general problem with samsung phones for some reason).

Glad you are now ok.

I had exactly that same problem with the Samsung Galaxy S2. It worked perfectly since last May and suddenly it's off by 90 degrees. I rotated the phone around it's 3 axis - no help. Downloaded a compass app and checked - the phone's compass is working perfectly. Also did all the stuff on the drone -no issues there either.

Eventually I changed to another old phone I have sitting around - HTC Sensation. It works fine. Same for the Nexus 6. Not sure if another SGII would have had the same problem or not but it appears to be some kind of phone specific (model specific?) incompatibility.

If somebody nails this down, let me know. I like that SGII. Great little phone and I was happy to give it a purpose in life.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl