Virtual Litchi Mission

Have played with it for a few hours now - super app! As a relatively new UAS pilot and wanting to learn how best to frame video shots this is amazing. Agree with Keith M. and others above it gives me the chance to 'fly' the job over and over in quick succession until I get all the mission details nailed down before I even charge the batteries. 2 Thumbs Up!!

Hi Sanje,

You're very welcome. I have the feeling that not many people on PhantomPilots are using VLM so please spread the word if you see a post where someone could possibly benefit from it.

Did you notice that VLM V2.1.0 is available? The download link on the first post of the mavicpilots thread.

Thanks

N

Namrida - I have used this and it is fantastic! But unfortunately, I live in an Apple world (MacBooks & iMac). I have to forward my .csv file to a friend with a PC who then sends me back a .kmv file that I load into Google Earth - a little cumbersome when doing a lot of mission tweaking. Any chance that there may some day be a Mac-OS version for those of us in the other universe?

Reactions: Lefty63
Wonderful piece of software! I downloaded it last week, been playing with it since then. I created and then loaded a mission the other day and it went like clockwork. I tweaked it to my heart's content.

Hello, I downloaded the last install binary and tried to run on my Windows 10 virtual machine (using Parallels). I get an error stating the install package is not supported on my processor type. My windows version is 32 bit (x86). Not sure if the problem is 32 bit windows or trying to install in a VM. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks!

Bill

You're welcome Namirda. Every Litchi user should know about VLM. I wish Litchi would make it possible to make folders .. Its only been 2 months since I started using Litchi and I cant keep track of my missions..

Namrida - I have used this and it is fantastic! But unfortunately, I live in an Apple world (MacBooks & iMac). I have to forward my .csv file to a friend with a PC who then sends me back a .kmv file that I load into Google Earth - a little cumbersome when doing a lot of mission tweaking. Any chance that there may some day be a Mac-OS version for those of us in the other universe?
Interested in the same. There ARE other OS besides windoze.

I just want to be able to install in on my 32 bit Windows 10 VM. And I’ve gotten no help on that. So I wouldn’t hold out too much hope for macOS.

@namirda first off THANK YOU for taking the time to create this and then to SUPPORT it!!

Do you have a "Contribution" path to where we can donate some $$ to you for your efforts and support?

I have downloaded and installed the latest version (I think... Ver 2.1.0) of VLM and it seems to load just fine but when I click on Virtual Mission in GE it suddenly seems to elevate up a couple of thousand feet above where I'm supported to be located and "appears" to fly the mission from that elevation as opposed to the 175' I have for my waypoints.

If I export the 3D path to see what the flight should look like it looks what I would expect but as already stated when I launch the Virtual Flight it ZOOMS sky high automatically. I'm sure it's something simple and painfully obvious but I can't find the solution easily.

Thank you in advance.
Allen

Do you have a "Contribution" path to where we can donate some $$ to you for your efforts and support?

Second that, I'll contribute in a flash. I don't even use it much, or professionally, but I applaud your efforts and would like to show my appreciation!

First time I tried the 2.x version, i used a mission l'd just flown a few days before around a 200 acre woods w/ 2 cabins, 2 ponds, and several wildlife feed plots as POIs.

VLM flew it EXACTLY as it was on the recorded video... I had an ear-to-ear grin the whole time watching it... lol

Reactions: BigAl07
In reference to my problem noted above (increased altitude upon mission launch), it appears I have a setting wrong in my system (PC in my office). I imported the exact same mission into my laptop at home and it works flawlessly with NO modifications what so ever.

Hi Namirda,

Virtual Litchi Mission is a fabulous piece of software. Thank you so very much for making this available. I too would be willing to contribute.

Ran into potential bug today. I was planing a mission in Google Earth. The original mission used gimbal interpolation. Unfortunately, interpolation was not framing the subject as I had hoped based on VLM/Google Earth. So I went back to the mission hub and added a POI. Focus POI was enabled in settings and at the waypoints. However, when I ran the mission in VLM/Google Earth the Focus POI was ignored.

Is this by design?

Don Barar

Hi Namirda,

Virtual Litchi Mission is a fabulous piece of software. Thank you so very much for making this available. I too would be willing to contribute.

Ran into potential bug today. I was planing a mission in Google Earth. The original mission used gimbal interpolation. Unfortunately, interpolation was not framing the subject as I had hoped based on VLM/Google Earth. So I went back to the mission hub and added a POI. Focus POI was enabled in settings and at the waypoints. However, when I ran the mission in VLM/Google Earth the Focus POI was ignored.

Is this by design?

Don Barar
Hi Don,

Sorry - I have not been following this thread - I thought everybody was using the thread on Mavicpilots!

Can you please give me a link to the csv file of your mission and I will take a look at it - POIs are fully supported so it should work!

N

I just want to be able to install in on my 32 bit Windows 10 VM. And I’ve gotten no help on that. So I wouldn’t hold out too much hope for macOS.
Hi Bill,

I tried to provide a combined 32/64 bit version of VLM in the earlier versions but ran into some problems which I was unable to solve because I do not have a 32 bit machine. Some folks found it ran OK but others not - and I never got to the bottom of the problem. More recently I have only compiled a 64 bit version because that is the only one I can really support.

Please give the old V2.0 version a try - you might be lucky.

Here is the link
Dropbox - Virtual Litchi Mission V2.0.0.zip

N

Sorry Lefty - VLM is written in Visual Studio which is very much windows only.

I know other folks have managed to make VLM run on a Mac using Bootcamp - why not give that a try?

N

Reactions: Lefty63
Hi Bill,

I tried to provide a combined 32/64 bit version of VLM in the earlier versions but ran into some problems which I was unable to solve because I do not have a 32 bit machine. Some folks found it ran OK but others not - and I never got to the bottom of the problem. More recently I have only compiled a 64 bit version because that is the only one I can really support.

Please give the old V2.0 version a try - you might be lucky.

Here is the link
Dropbox - Virtual Litchi Mission V2.0.0.zip

N
Thank you. I'll try!

Hi Phantom Pilots,

Please give VLM a try and get back to me with problems or compliments...!

I am trying it now. 3 WP mission in a single straight line.
All WPs have Cruising speed 0 (I am going to vary the speed), same altitude.
WP1 - WP2 distance is 1,4Km, both points heading is 56°
WP2 -WP3 distance is 50m. WP3 heading to North.
In VLM-G.Earth, after the first third of WP1-WP2 path the aircraft starts a slow turn of 360° (CCW) until it arrives WP2.
After that it continues turning until pointing North (expectable)
Why is that from WP1 to WP2?

I am trying it now. 3 WP mission in a single straight line.
All WPs have Cruising speed 0 (I am going to vary the speed), same altitude.
WP1 - WP2 distance is 1,4Km, both points heading is 56°
WP2 -WP3 distance is 50m. WP3 heading to North.
In VLM-G.Earth, after the first third of WP1-WP2 path the aircraft starts a slow turn of 360° (CCW) until it arrives WP2.
After that it continues turning until pointing North (expectable)
Why is that from WP1 to WP2?
Hi Marciano,

That's not what I see when I try it.

Please post a link to your mission in the Mission Hub and I will take a look at it

Remember to mark the mission as public!

Also, please make support requests in the VLM thread in MavicPilots - I keep a close eye on that thread and not the many others where VLM is discussed.

Thanks

Hi Marciano,

That's not what I see when I try it.

Please post a link to your mission in the Mission Hub and I will take a look at it

Remember to mark the mission as public!

Also, please make support requests in the VLM thread in MavicPilots - I keep a close eye on that thread and not the many others where VLM is discussed.

Thanks
Hi Namirda,
Here's the link Mission Hub - Litchi
To solved that issue I've set Custom heading, 56° for both WP1 and WP2 and deleted WP3.
Thank you!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dragonslair