View from space... well nearly...

popcornemot.gif~c200

I'm not encouraging you to go "up there" again, just saying while you were up there, you can still do great Pano's at a more reasonable altitude without putting yourself at risk with them there winds that happen, I've been caught out thinking gee it looks nice up there as it zooms away ..and I panic again.

Keeping low may result in not losing the we drone and you get better 360% shots :)

Well, from all the fail videos I've seen of the P2s and possibly P3s (not sure which) going inverted, none recover unless another gust flipped it back. The issue as I see it is unless you can invert the blades or the motor direction there is no way these crafts can over power free fall speeds by spinning blades INTO the fall in an effort to right itself. I just don't think it's possible. Crafts that do must be inverting blades or spinning motors backwards to counter the free fall on one side to flip itself.
First I've heard of this being a potential issue. The guy who csc'd from 6000' was able to catch it and right the craft when he restarted the motors but it was in a tumble. Curious to hear others thoughts on this, anybody have any experience with this issue?

Plane and simple? Hahaha I meant plain.

You guys are apt to get a thorough talking to...

Please fly safe and sane... I said Please!!

Now come on down from there, before somebody gets hurt!!

RedHotPoker

Reactions: N017RW
Man oh man!! We are all going to get castrated if this keeps up!!
But That, does looks more like a shot from the ISS?!?!

Or, Glad you use an alias... ;-)

Here's one above Dubai...
Dubai-Skyline-view-from-the-sky.jpg

RedHotPoker

Man oh man!! We are all going to get castrated if this keeps up!!
But That, does looks more like a shot from the ISS?!?!

Or, Glad you use an alias... ;-)

Here's one above Dubai...
Dubai-Skyline-view-from-the-sky.jpg

RedHotPoker

This just became my screen saver for a while. Could you upload the full resolution?

Far better than Goooggles Earth, now this is where you want to do Pano shots (while your up there), I'd even stitch them for you.
I can't wait to get my P3P that I ordered last Sunday to start shooting 360 panoramas. Have hundreds of them on Google views and Google earth, but all taken at ground level.

This just became my screen saver for a while. Could you upload the full resolution?

No, but I will do you one even better...
From the Phantom 3 Pro' which I don't have yet... ;-)
Sky+View+of+Dubai...jpg

Reactions: Options
One heavy gust can flip you over and then it's a rocket ship into the ground with no hope of recovery.

Where do you guys come up with this crap?

Well, from all the fail videos I've seen of the P2s and possibly P3s (not sure which) going inverted, none recover unless another gust flipped it back. The issue as I see it is unless you can invert the blades or the motor direction there is no way these crafts can over power free fall speeds by spinning blades INTO the fall in an effort to right itself. I just don't think it's possible. Crafts that do must be inverting blades or spinning motors backwards to counter the free fall on one side to flip itself.
guess you haven't seen this video

Torcan that is not what kaybee is saying.

How is someone flying in Manual Mode prove or disprove the quads ability to right itself from an inverted flat spin in GPS or Atti.?

Personally I feel it will and haven't seen any vids (of flipping inverted due to wind and then flipping back again due to winds) to the contrary

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20