Video won't play back on laptop

Reaction score
I've seen others post this with no answer....
DJI Phantom 3 pro: using android (Galaxy S5)

video was set to 4K and (3840 x 2160) 30 frames per second, and recording as .MOV format

I fly and record video just fine, and make sure to stop recording before turning off the phone or bird. I can preview and play the video just fine on my phone, but.....
When I connect the bird to my laptop and download the video to my laptop, it will not play. It says video cannot be played. I use windows media player, and have tried other players. I just now changed the video settings to:

720p (1280 x 720) 30 frames per second, and .MP4 format (instead of .mov)

I'm going to fly now, and then download the video to my laptop to see if it will play. But, while I'm gone I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions as to why my 4K video will play on phone but now on my laptop??

thanks

Probably a codec issue on your PC. Use the .mp4 container if you're in a non-Apple ecosystem. And depending on your PC specs, 4k might not play anyway. You need serious horsepower to play 4k.

Reactions: Pharm
I've seen others post this with no answer....
DJI Phantom 3 pro: using android (Galaxy S5)

video was set to 4K and (3840 x 2160) 30 frames per second, and recording as .MOV format

I fly and record video just fine, and make sure to stop recording before turning off the phone or bird. I can preview and play the video just fine on my phone, but.....
When I connect the bird to my laptop and download the video to my laptop, it will not play. It says video cannot be played. I use windows media player, and have tried other players. I just now changed the video settings to:

720p (1280 x 720) 30 frames per second, and .MP4 format (instead of .mov)

I'm going to fly now, and then download the video to my laptop to see if it will play. But, while I'm gone I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions as to why my 4K video will play on phone but now on my laptop??

thanks
What program are you trying to play the video with?

I am new to this site and have not located an answer to my question before posting this. Can the 4k camera be replaced with a 2.7 camera on the P3P? The video is great on the 4k, but a pain to edit/play/convert. Thank you in advance.

Also take into consideration that 4K video at 30fps creates rather large files with an enormous bitrate, unless you have a decent graphics card on your PC or laptop, the video will play choppy (if at all). I have several laptops, and the only one that plays 4K content is my Razer Blade Pro, which has 16GB RAM and 4GB Nvidia Graphics card and a Core i7 8core processor. Even with those specs, windows media player wouldn't play the 4K content correctly, it was choppy and didn't look right. I didn't know that VLC was 4K compliant, I may have to try that one when I get home. If you need to test the 4K capability of any PC or laptop just search youtube for 4K content or 4K test files...you'll find em

Also take into consideration that 4K video at 30fps creates rather large files with an enormous bitrate, unless you have a decent graphics card on your PC or laptop, the video will play choppy (if at all). I have several laptops, and the only one that plays 4K content is my Razer Blade Pro, which has 16GB RAM and 4GB Nvidia Graphics card and a Core i7 8core processor. Even with those specs, windows media player wouldn't play the 4K content correctly, it was choppy and didn't look right. I didn't know that VLC was 4K compliant, I may have to try that one when I get home. If you need to test the 4K capability of any PC or laptop just search youtube for 4K content or 4K test files...you'll find em
VLC will work

You will need a very good pc to even playback 4K files let alone edit them.
I went to my local computer shop to see how much it would cost to build a pc capable of editing 4K video... After the chap in the shop stopped laughing he put together a spec similar to Spunone69 suggested.
32Gb of ram
Intel i7
4/8Gb graphics
Solid state drive.
It all came to around £1700 for the parts!..
So now we save! :) ££££

I tried VLC, it played the 4K files, but only if they're compressed...uncompressed 4K files played really choppy :(

I tried VLC, it played the 4K files, but only if they're compressed...uncompressed 4K files played really choppy :(
Must be your computer-- they play great on VLC on mine.

I am new to this site and have not located an answer to my question before posting this. Can the 4k camera be replaced with a 2.7 camera on the P3P? The video is great on the 4k, but a pain to edit/play/convert. Thank you in advance.
Well good news that the latest 1.5.X firmware has enabled the P3Pros with 2.7K.

made some great videos yesterday in 4 k played no problem in media player but today made a video and it won't open the video I recorded , the gimbal light goes green when I press record it flashes red it's that right anyone thanks

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic