Video Recording Quits

Reaction score
While filming with a P3P and an iPad , the video recording stops , some times as soon as 3 seconds , sometimes after a few minutes, never the same twice.
This is a realitively new issue with my equipment of a few years.
Any thoughts from the forum?

I use the on screen button and or the controller button to stop/start the recording and it makes no difference to which method I use the result still the same.
Every now and again it will last long enough to get the job done!
Regards Mike
PS I keep the mini SD card empty after each filming session.

Last edited:
Have you reformatted the sd card in the drone? Have you tried a new sd card with the correct specs formatted in the drone?

I've had the same problem, turned out to be too slow of a card. It would just stop recording randomly. Another card that I use all of the time gave me a Slow Card warning when i changed from shooting UHD to 4K. I'm now using Sandisk Extreme Pro

The trick with cards is getting one spec'ed as a U3 speed. The high write speeds of most DJI drones requires a sustained write speed of at least 100Mbps. Many SD cards are not capable of this, and the specs are confusing to understand

Got heaps of space in your cache images or editor,,almost sound like storage is full somewhere ?
The confusing bit is you say length of recording time changes,,if cache was full it will prompt saying no space left so bit tricky,,start with a other good sd card as above metion,even test another device to make sure it not ipad

Thanks, I have been using the same card for some years, perhaps it needs a quick format or replacing.
There was mention of the way I hold the controller and maybe accidentally tapping the record button, I have been conscious of this and its not the problem.
Thanks for the replies.

While filming with a P3P and an iPad , the video recording stops , some times as soon as 3 seconds , sometimes after a few minutes, never the same twice.
This is a realitively new issue with my equipment of a few years.
Any thoughts from the forum?

I use the on screen button and or the controller button to stop/start the recording and it makes no difference to which method I use the result still the same.
Every now and again it will last long enough to get the job done!
Regards Mike
PS I keep the mini SD card empty after each filming session.

You must use a very good quality high class card .The best way to see if this is your problem , is drop the recording video size down to 720p ,if it keeps recording at the lower size the card is not good enough to go higher .

You must use a very good quality high class card .The best way to see if this is your problem , is drop the recording video size down to 720p ,if it keeps recording at the lower size the card is not good enough to go higher .

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31