Video Question

Reaction score
Hello, Whenever I shoot video, then show it on my computer or tv, the green leaves always look too green almost as if they were "Bob Ross" painted. Look cartoony. Sometimes the dirt looks like this also. The video is smooth. It doesn't matter whether I shoot in 4k, 2.7, or 1080P. So, sounds like a color saturation issue. I shoot in normal mode. Would D-cinelike help. Doesn't matter what time of day I shoot the video. Still the same result..

Hello, Whenever I shoot video, then show it on my computer or tv, the green leaves always look too green almost as if they were "Bob Ross" painted. Look cartoony. Sometimes the dirt looks like this also. The video is smooth. It doesn't matter whether I shoot in 4k, 2.7, or 1080P. So, sounds like a color saturation issue. I shoot in normal mode. Would D-cinelike help. Doesn't matter what time of day I shoot the video. Still the same result..
Yes, it's your settings. You can manually adjust the saturation or as you suggested, use D-Log or D-Cinelike. The pre-sets tend to crush the blacks and over-saturate.

I shoot everything using D-Log which records a very flat image. If I like what I have, I'll load everything in to an editing program and adjust the color, saturation, etc. to get the "look" I'm after.

Perfect. I'll try both. I'm no professional. Just want descent video. Doesn't have to look like MGM. [emoji3]

What is a good "overall" setting if I do it manually?
From my archive. Credit goes to Erik Anderson, Cloudroamer.com.

Style: Custom [ Sharpness -1 Contrast -3 Saturation -2 ]

Set your sharpness at -1 if you want a nice sharp image. I would never go any sharper than that, but if you prefer a little bit softer image in your video then shoot -2 sharpness. Set your contrast to -3 to achieve the flattest image, which allows for the best color correction in postproduction. That way your blacks and whites will never peak and you can always make them darker/lighter in post. Set saturation to -2 because the Phantom 3 image is quite saturated at 0, and is it quite an easy fix to add saturation during your edit. You want you image to start with little saturation and add it on vs. trying to take saturation away from an over saturated image.

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
Perfect! Thx. Also, what program are you using to edit? Dji editor? Or something different on your computer?

Last dumb question. Are your custom numbers reading left to right on dji go? All I see are three different triangles and squares in the custom section.

Perfect! Thx. Also, what program are you using to edit? Dji editor? Or something different on your computer?
I'm a software junkie and as such I have several, however, my go-to tends to be Vegas Pro. There is a consumer version of Vegas Pro that is very similar and at a lower price point. Vegas Movie Studio has almost all of the same features. There's also Adobe Premiere Elements which is very easy to use. Fully functional and free Trial downloads are available.

Thanks Larbear : I have copied and pasted them setting for the camera to a note pad for future reference...and put it in my Drone Folder.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT