Video quality compared stock gimbal vs China gimbal

Reaction score
All,

here is the comparison between my last video with the stock P2V gimbal vs. the new plug and play China gimbal.

Here is the last flight stock:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

and the next morning with the new plug and play gimbal. (Note, not very efficient with yaw yet)

Can't praise all the ones before me enough for mentioning the upgrade and guiding through install and helping through difficulties (self-inflicted).

Let me know your thoughts.

Last edited:
Looks a lot better, I have one of the China Gimbals on order, on week 3 I believe, I hope it comes soon. I am very excited to get it in and install it.

I am sure you won't regret it. Mine actually took less than 11 days to get here. It was supposed to be shipped from Hong Kong, but the package originated fromNew Jersey, I believe. Which seller did you choose? I bought from NEOGL on EBay for just over $91... I am a happy camper.

I am sure you won't regret it. Mine actually took less than 11 days to get here. It was supposed to be shipped from Hong Kong, but the package originated fromNew Jersey, I believe. Which seller did you choose? I bought from NEOGL on EBay for just over $91... I am a happy camper.
are you sure it shipped from jersey? I got one from the same seller (in process of exchanging for new one, one received had a bad board ) took about 11 days but came from china....Jersey may have been where customs redirected it from....
anyway shipped back my gimbal Monday with 6-10 day shipping....hope they get it soon and get a new one out to me asap i'm basically grounded till I get another gimbal.....
once I get it set up and it all checks out i'll probably order another one just for spare....sucks not to be able to fly !

Reactions: Intruder101
are you sure it shipped from jersey? I got one from the same seller (in process of exchanging for new one, one received had a bad board ) took about 11 days but came from china....Jersey may have been where customs redirected it from....
anyway shipped back my gimbal Monday with 6-10 day shipping....hope they get it soon and get a new one out to me asap i'm basically grounded till I get another gimbal.....
once I get it set up and it all checks out i'll probably order another one just for spare....sucks not to be able to fly !
Yeah, it could be that the port of entry was Jersey.

What was bad on your gimbal, or what are the symptoms? I had issues, but figured it out.

Thanks

Last edited:
Yeah, it could be that theport of entry was Jersey.

What was bad on your gimbal, or what are the symptoms? I had issues, but figured it out.

Thanks
Once it would power on it would tremble and never get near center position....my buddy suspects a bad chip....The weak part is I installed it fully before ever firing it on....I spent 2 days really trying to get it to work cause I did some irreversible mods to camera.....no worries cause I never plan to fly without at least a 2 axis gimbal from now on.....(my son got the RPG and man the video is day and night smooth....really takes a lot of the strain out of watching videos ! Well soon enough i'll be back in the skies

Once it would power on it would tremble and never get near center position....my buddy suspects a bad chip....The weak part is I installed it fully before ever firing it on....I spent 2 days really trying to get it to work cause I did some irreversible mods to camera.....no worries cause I never plan to fly without at least a 2 axis gimbal from now on.....(my son got the RPG and man the video is day and night smooth....really takes a lot of the strain out of watching videos ! Well soon enough i'll be back in the skies

louforgiveno, I had similar issues, really hard to describe. Look at this video:

The problem I had was the settings in the NAZA M section of in the setup assistant. It reads in step 6 of the badly written user manual of the gimbal to set the pitch and roll values to 0. Mine were set to 30 default. Once I changed that, it worked as advertised.

I'm not saying this is what you are experiencing, but if the same problem shows up with the new gimbal, take a look. Others did not have have to change these settings.

All,

here is the comparison between my last video with the stock P2V gimbal vs. the new plug and play China gimbal.

Here is the last flight stock:

and the next morning with the new plug and play gimbal. (Note, not very efficient with yaw yet)

Can't praise all the ones before me enough for mentioning the upgrade and guiding through install and helping through difficulties (self-inflicted).

Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks a million for your post! I'm new to this arena and dropping 5 Bills on a gimbal isn't necessarily at the top of my list. I found the exact gimbal you have on eBay and plan on getting one based on your review...I hope I don't need to, but if I come groveling asking for help I hope you'll oblige. :rolleyes:

Thanks a million for your post! I'm new to this arena and dropping 5 Bills on a gimbal isn't necessarily at the top of my list. I found the exact gimbal you have on eBay and plan on getting one based on your review...I hope I don't need to, but if I come groveling asking for help I hope you'll oblige. :rolleyes:

Glassman,

you are very welcome. I am fairly new here myself, so welcome...

I would be very happy to help you with any of my limited knowledge, just like others have treated me and helped me with all questions I had. Most of my knowledge comes from Dirkclode, Mslinger, sqiddley and foremost from J Dot.

I never owned a Rotorpixel and so far can't complain about the China gimbal, so I am not sure of the differences. I DO know I am very happy so far with the knock off.

Let me knowanytimeyou have a question. I will be out of the country for the next 2 weeks, so if I don't respond right away, that's why.

We'll be in touch, take care.

Reactions: dirkclod
Glassman,

I would be very happy to help you with any of my limited knowledge, just like others have treated me and helped me with all questions I had. Most of my knowledge comes from Dirkclode, Mslinger, sqiddley and foremost from J Dot.

I never owned a Rotorpixel and so far can't complain about the China gimbal, so I am not sure of the differences. I DO know I am very happy so far with the knock off.

Let me knowanytimeyou have a question. I will be out of the country for the next 2 weeks, so if I don't respond right away, that's why.

Thanks for the welcome and the offer of help....you are spot on about the forum members you mentioned. I've been reading this site as much as free time allows and the level of help and encouragement is outstanding.

I read about the anonymous gift to Dirkclod and was floored by the generosity - I know he was too by his genuine response.

You take care and Safe Travels. :cool:

I found the exact gimbal you have on eBay and plan on getting one based on your review...I hope I don't need to, but if I come groveling asking for help I hope you'll oblige. :rolleyes:

Glassman, how's it looking so far? Did you get it in the mail, and if so, how far are you to install? Keep me updated. I'm in Germany at this time, but am still checking in every so often...

Glassman, how's it looking so far? Did you get it in the mail, and if so, how far are you to install? Keep me updated. I'm in Germany at this time, but am still checking in every so often...
I got notified that it is in the hands of DHL. It's coming from Hong Kong, so hopefully next week. In the meantime I've been collecting parts and pieces to make it work - extended legs, camera wire extension, stuff like that.
I'm hoping I have it up and running by our trip to the desert Memorial Day.
Thanks for checking in. Be safe!

I got notified that it is in the hands of DHL. It's coming from Hong Kong, so hopefully next week. In the meantime I've been collecting parts and pieces to make it work - extended legs, camera wire extension, stuff like that.

I am sure you're going to enjoy it.

Not sure what camera extension wire you mean. The kit I received had all the cables necessary. You wouldn't need any more, unless there is a different reason I'm not aware of.

What do you plan on doing for gear extension? I simply used the 1" pipe, cut into rings and clamp it onto the gear. There are other ideas out there, but this is the most convinient to me.

Talk with you later. We are 6 hours ahead of your time, so I'll be up way before you will.

What's the word? Did it come in? Let us know...

What's the word? Did it come in? Let us know...

Yes, yesterday afternoon it showed up. A few days before the tracking indicated it would arrive in fact.
It arrived intact, looks good.
Now I just need a break from all that we've got going on to make time to get it installed.

Yes, yesterday afternoon it showed up. A few days before the tracking indicated it would arrive in fact.
It arrived intact, looks good.
Now I just need a break from all that we've got going on to make time to get it installed.
I'm glad your gimbal showed up. Gettting antsy? I remember I couldn't wait to get results and was pi$$ed off when the weather didn't cooperate for a day and a half.

Let us know how things are going. Are you having calibration issues, limits set alright, camera pointing down after start up? Just stuff in general.

I still think the quality is pretty good for the money. Of course this is the only 2 axis gimbal I own, so I can't really compare.

Later.

Lou, what's the word on your gimbal? Any updates?

Lou, what's the word on your gimbal? Any updates?
The last communication i had from them was just telling me to wait and they'd notify me when it arrives.....it has been over a month and they still claim to not have it. I paid for 6-10 day service.....time to start a PayPal/ebay dispute.
In the meantime I'm enjoying my P3P :)

Glassman,

IT'S DIRKCLOD NOT DIRKCLODE o_O
facepalm.jpg
:D
And Glassman I still am :)

IT'S DIRKCLOD NOT DIRKCLODE o_O View attachment 19518 :D
And Glassman I still am :)

Whoa, don't yell at me just yet...:oops: I fatfingered that one.

What would you do if I actually called you names? Sneak up on me in my sleep?:D

Nah, sorry man, didn't mean to...
image.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers