Video on P3 SE

Reaction score
So I have captured some video and tried to transfer it to my computer. I don't want to transfer it to my ancient iPad2 as it is memory anemic and I frankly don't want to put anything on The Cloud. Anywhere. I popped the SD card out of the camera and copied the DJI.mov file onto my DeskTop. I tried running the file from QuickTime (I am using a Mac) and it was a choppy series of random frames. OK, so saving a Windows based Movie file might not have been the best first choice, but I thought the Mac could handle the conversion and give a decent playback. NOT! Next, I tried changing to MP4 recording. I copyed the file direct from the card to my HD, and a similar jerky, not even time lapse style of playback. So what is going on here? Is the video encrypted so you can't just save it for editing in a higher end editor? Do you have to send it first to DJI and get a file back from them? I'm not talking about the FPV you see, I'm talking the 4k recorded to the SD card directly from the camera. (After all, that's why the SD card is on the camera, right?) Am I missing some hidden files on the SD card that augments the actual video to make it a usable file?

My laptop did the same, I was recording in 2.7k, so dropped to 1080 & its fine now

Therein lies the rub... I am using an ancient mid 2007 iMac running 10.10. :eek: I'll try dropping to 1080 for now (I'm not going to get any crazy great shots anyway, since i'm still learning how to fly this beast) and look into upgrading my hardware. Thanks, everyone!

Is there any way I can down-convert the few vids I have from 4k to 1080?

Therein lies the rub... I am using an ancient mid 2007 iMac running 10.10. :eek: I'll try dropping to 1080 for now (I'm not going to get any crazy great shots anyway, since i'm still learning how to fly this beast) and look into upgrading my hardware. Thanks, everyone!

Is there any way I can down-convert the few vids I have from 4k to 1080?
The possibilities are endless re down converting- handbrake is probably the quickest and easiest method.

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl