video Issues

Works,
So I forgets, can you set the image quality / FPV that the tablet gets on a P3A/P.

Rod

its all set up and works fine on my P34K I took the Drone off auto channel and selected a single channel dropped the rate to 4mbs and still get the pixilation. Just makes no sense to me why its doing this If it were only happening at long range Id look into the antennas on the RC and AC but it happens even at 5 feet away and has happened just sitting on my dining room table a foot away. If I had someone close that could swap out RC with to test it would be awesome, but I know no one with a Pro that lives close. I was thinking just buy a new one use it to figure out the issue and fix it as a spare or sell it off as parts and just keep the new one.

ok checked my channel settings I was on auto so I clicked custom and it was on channel 20 with the rate slider at half way so I switched back to auto and put a fan on the gimbal and let it sit on the table fully powered up. just sitting on the table sometimes it would act up, but was perfect this time. here is something odd that has happened in the past with another DJI drone, I went in and looked at the firmware and found it all at the newest version APP, RC and AC all updated to the current versions. I never let it update and I know it wasn't updated prior to today because I checked it before I flew yesterday and was getting the firmware update message through 6 batteries worth of flight yesterday. now here is the real clinker I never turn on wifi for my tablet when I'm home because I don't want it to download any new stuff so how it got in there and loaded to the drone is baffling, this has also happened to me on the P34k once. anyhow I'm gonna fly it tomorrow after work under the new firmware and see if it has helped with the issue.
I don't have a Pro but I think there's a cable between the device and RC? Have you tried a different cable?

I don't have a Pro but I think there's a cable between the device and RC? Have you tried a different cable?
Yep, I have bought and tried 3 brand new ones even cleaned the ports with alcohol wipes to make sure they are good and clean. little tuff to get in there on the micro USB, but not impossible

OK, so the video on the card in the camera is clean so we know it's not the camera. I watched the video again but I can't tell if that was a live stream or cached on your device. I don't cache any of my recordings so I don't know if there is a way to retrieve those files and play them on a different device. But it sounds like you've ruled out the device after successful flights with your other machines.

Regardless, at a glance, I suspect it's something in the AC that is causing an interruption in the video stream. Transmitter going bad, bad power supply, I don't really know. Any chance you can test the AC with a different controller? Maybe re-linking would help. I wonder if the person you bought it from knew. And that's why they sold it?

I wasn't streaming or recording it was just in observation mode. I found a guy who has a P3P local to me so I will have him bind my AC to his RC using my display and see if that will held determine if its in the RC or AC now I just need to wait till he gets time to meet up. the video I posted was me using my phone to record my display

I think your correct about the seller knowing the issue as he didn't have a charged battery for me to try the drone out lucky I took one with me but I didn't take a display, he hooked up his IPhone to it, it was pitch black out where we met so I wasn't able to do anything but close maneuvering to make sure it flew and I saw the camera was working on the display but extremely dark images. The issue wouldn't be so bad if it were pixilation every now an then but it gets so bad it blacks out large portions of my display. I fly in close to stuff so I cant have that issue

Last edited:
Reactions: RodPad
yeah I hope he gets time soon I ready to just buy a new one like I should have done in the first place. when I get the one I have the seller said it had only been flown a handful of times from brand new I put his batteries in the drone and saw they were only charged 4 times each but who knows they could be replacement batteries

Update to my issue, I put the P3P in the air today flew 6 batteries, first battery I forgot to fold out my antennas until I was in the air and out 1000 feet when I got the weak transmission alert and started getting a few pixels as soon as I touched the antennas I got a lot of Pixels and large black blocks rolling down the screen I lightly shook the RC and got them again. I played around getting it to happen on purpose till I was at 30% and landed. every time I barely moved the RC around or touched the antennas I got interference and Large Black Pixels. I flew 3 of the 6 batteries with the RC sitting on the trunk of my car so I couldn't vibrate it any and I had zero issues with Pixels. I found out yesterday with the Help of forum user Dirty Bird that my RC is a first Gen and may be older then the seller I bought it from indicated. My AC does have the older style motors as well. this isn't a iron clad way to determine its Use because it could have sat on a shelf for a bit till it sold, but it could be well used also. I'll probably never know, nor do I care so long as I get it working properly. My thought is that the antenna wires running inside the antennas may have broken insulation right at that pivot joint due to being folded in and out over the life time of the RC.

Update to my issue, I put the P3P in the air today flew 6 batteries, first battery I forgot to fold out my antennas until I was in the air and out 1000 feet when I got the weak transmission alert and started getting a few pixels as soon as I touched the antennas I got a lot of Pixels and large black blocks rolling down the screen I lightly shook the RC and got them again. I played around getting it to happen on purpose till I was at 30% and landed. every time I barely moved the RC around or touched the antennas I got interference and Large Black Pixels. I flew 3 of the 6 batteries with the RC sitting on the trunk of my car so I couldn't vibrate it any and I had zero issues with Pixels. I found out yesterday with the Help of forum user Dirty Bird that my RC is a first Gen and may be older then the seller I bought it from indicated. My AC does have the older style motors as well. this isn't a iron clad way to determine its Use because it could have sat on a shelf for a bit till it sold, but it could be well used also. I'll probably never know, nor do I care so long as I get it working properly. My thought is that the antenna wires running inside the antennas may have broken insulation right at that pivot joint due to being folded in and out over the life time of the RC.
For what it's worth, I'm told the older RC's (GL300A or B) are more desirable. More power than the GL300C. At this point you may want to open it up and take a look. Could have been a mod gone bad or an attempt at restoring it back from a mod. It's a line straight out of "The Quadfather" movie; "Take the antenna. Sell the drone."

Reactions: epicdoom
That's what DB told me as well about the GL300A apparently its more output power then the newer units. I had thought about there may have been an upgraded antenna. or at least a failed attempt. I pulled it apart a couple weeks ago to check all the connections everything is still glued down with DJI glue including the antenna leads so no help in troubleshooting there, I wish it would have been as simple as that. I planed on putting s DBS on it anyhow, now I have even more excuse to just do it. I will hook up with Dirty Bird soon and bind his controller to my AC to make sure that's what's going on. I want to know for sure as apposed to just throwing parts at it. I am an electrical tech for heavy equipment by trade and I always troubleshoot the issue to I find the problem I think doing so makes one a better tech overall and I never have to go back for a do over.

That's what DB told me as well about the GL300A apparently its more output power then the newer units. I had thought about there may have been an upgraded antenna. or at least a failed attempt. I pulled it apart a couple weeks ago to check all the connections everything is still glued down with DJI glue including the antenna leads so no help in troubleshooting there, I wish it would have been as simple as that. I planed on putting s DBS on it anyhow, now I have even more excuse to just do it. I will hook up with Dirty Bird soon and bind his controller to my AC to make sure that's what's going on. I want to know for sure as apposed to just throwing parts at it. I am an electrical tech for heavy equipment by trade and I always troubleshoot the issue to I find the problem I think doing so makes one a better tech overall and I never have to go back for a do over.
I'm confident the two of you will figure it out. His videos are legendary. Your firsthand electrical experience will lend itself to finding the solution.

Just for clarification, you havn't been able to try another remote yet?

Rod

Just for clarification, you havn't been able to try another remote yet?

Rod
not yet but I bought the DBS antenna for it anyhow. I took the antennas off the RC and both inside cables feel weak right where they bend to fold the antennas down. I'm pretty sure at this point that the wires inside are possibly broken or very close to it. once I get the DBS I'll skin the insulation back and have a look at the wire inside. its been to windy to put the drone in the air the past few days so I haven't had time to do more test flights outdoors. I did put the antennas back on and tried it indoors sitting on the table with a fan to keep the gimble cool, as soon as I touch those antennas it scrambles the screen up, it definitely shouldn't be doing that. for now I'll wait till the DBS comes in or till Dirty Bird has time to meet up and try his RC on my AC. I'm just happy the issue isn't in my AC and that I have it somewhat narrowed down.

Update on my issue I pulled the antenna wires out found a break in the center wire on the antenna cables, was as I suspected probably due to antenna being folded in and out over time. New DBS installed and all is well now the new DBS DBS02.2X for the P3P now has a new antenna adjustable mount and clean install kit included no more drilling holes. I'm a happy camper Thanks for all the help folks with trying to figure out this issue its much appreciated

Attachments

• 20180326_193009.jpg
    20180326_193009.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 270
  • 20180326_193518.jpg
    20180326_193518.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 299
Following. My P3A behaves about the same. With mine there is often a long lag in the video. What I see on my iPad has been up to 5 seconds late. Doesn’t seem to matter which app i use dji go or litchi.

I got my issue sorted out with a new antenna system now all is well. another thing to try is removing everything from your display device that isn't needed to run it. I removed everything expect the galaxy apps that make my tablet function then I disabled all the ones I couldn't remove that weren't needed like weather calendar, clock ect ect

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockymountaincaptures