video Issues

Reaction score
I have an issue with video on the P3P I can be in the air and all of a sudden the screen will pixilate and go black then it comes back and does it again. if I unplug the connection to the tablet it will be ok for a few min then starts acting up again. sometimes I can fly out 5K and not a single issue and sometimes its doing it with only a few feet of distance away. any help with this issue would be fantastic because I'm annoyed to the point I want to smash everything under the wheels of my truck. this was a used drone with only 11 flight hours on it total.

I don't know if the issue is in the module that connects to the tablet, The controller or something inside the drone the drone doesn't have any damage that would indicate its been in a crash or even a close call everything looks Brand new. I have tried other display devices and I get the same issue so I know my display device isn't the problem. cant post a video of the issue because it says its to large even though its only a couple min long not sure how I can share it here

As you have tried with different devices and you are able to fly long distances, the problematic area seems to be antenna in either your RC or AC.

I’m presuming your dji go app works correctly all the time.

1. Check if you can find any visible antenna issue.
2. Check if you can borrow another RC, link it to your AC and fly. This is to narrow down your issue areas.

What firmware versions are you running (AC and remote)?
I'm running 1.11.20 on the AC 3.1.22 on the App
Its a crazy thing like I said sometimes I can fly with no issues for up to 15 min or so other times I get the issue soon as I launch. it seems to be when the AC is in motion such as yaw if I sit still it acts pretty good for a good long time, but soon as I move the drone it acts up. I've tried stopping movement when it starts acting up and let it sit in the air for as long as 5 min to see if it will clear up and it doesn't.. I don't think its in the AC because I can disconnect to cord from the tablet or module and it will work fine for awhile. and I have had it happen while the drone was sitting on the ground

Check your wifi downlink channel settings under the HD tab in the go app. You may have it set to manual and be unlucky enough to be forcing use of a channel that another service is using. Try auto (if it isn’t set to auto already) and see how you go.

Reactions: epicdoom
Along the lines of what With The Birds suggested, I'm wondering if it's an interference problem. I'd also like to ask what are the specs for the tablet/device you're using?

Check your wifi downlink channel settings under the HD tab in the go app. You may have it set to manual and be unlucky enough to be forcing use of a channel that another service is using. Try auto (if it isn’t set to auto already) and see how you go.
thanx Brother I'll give that a go and see what the setting is

Along the lines of what With The Birds suggested, I'm wondering if it's an interference problem. I'd also like to ask what are the specs for the tablet/device you're using?
I'm using a galaxy tab S3 and a galaxy S8+ both of which work perfectly with my P3S and P34K I definitely don't think those devices are the issue. I get zero lag from them running a wifi connection on the other 2 drones the Pro is direct connect so I would expect the same or even slightly better connection

ok checked my channel settings I was on auto so I clicked custom and it was on channel 20 with the rate slider at half way so I switched back to auto and put a fan on the gimbal and let it sit on the table fully powered up. just sitting on the table sometimes it would act up, but was perfect this time. here is something odd that has happened in the past with another DJI drone, I went in and looked at the firmware and found it all at the newest version APP, RC and AC all updated to the current versions. I never let it update and I know it wasn't updated prior to today because I checked it before I flew yesterday and was getting the firmware update message through 6 batteries worth of flight yesterday. now here is the real clinker I never turn on wifi for my tablet when I'm home because I don't want it to download any new stuff so how it got in there and loaded to the drone is baffling, this has also happened to me on the P34k once. anyhow I'm gonna fly it tomorrow after work under the new firmware and see if it has helped with the issue.

no flight time work and weather has kept me grounded so I still don't know if my video issue is fixed with the update hopefully I get some time to fly it soon

got some flight time and still have the issue with video I just don't know where to look for the issue as it could be the module the RC or the AC anyone else ever have this issue ?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
here is whats going on

That is really bad, the video won't play?
:)

Rod

I wasn't recording, but when I do video plays on my computer perfectly with no pixilation its just on my display which makes it difficult to fly especially when the screen gets the large blocks on it, once it starts it gets worse and worse until I unplug and re-plug, then I get perfectly clear view for a min or two sometimes 5 min. but it always acts up again

I wasn't recording, but when I do video plays on my computer perfectly with no pixilation its just on my display which makes it difficult to fly especially when the screen gets the large blocks on it, once it starts it gets worse and worse until I unplug and re-plug, then I get perfectly clear view for a min or two sometimes 5 min. but it always acts up again

I have the same problem. I want to the DJI site under troubleshooting and it told me to do several things but none of them really helped.

I have the same problem. I want to the DJI site under troubleshooting and it told me to do several things but none of them really helped.
do you have a link to the troubleshooting ?

@epicdoom,
Not sure if you caught my joke, I can't play the video. :)

Rod

ahh click the youtube name it will take you to youtube to watch it its lag ridden here for me

No go for me, tried everything, I think.
Does it work for anybody else?

Says it is unavailable

Rod

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

see if this works

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan