Video - Is motor giving up?

Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm assuming that the motor has given up the ghost. When idling the motor (bottom right on the video) keeps stoping for a fraction of a second and then starts again.

http://youtu.be/FtvVN5ilWJQ

Is this a sign of the motor failing or something else?

Assuming is just this motor should I replace it or replace the set - what's best practice?

Thanks for any help here.

Cornrake

Can't tell you if it is going dead, but I had the same thing happen to a motor about a month ago. When it happened I did not want to fly away too far or up. Once revved up it held and quad flew OK. Did it another time and same result. Has not done it ever again. Don't really know what the problem is. Quad just having a "fit."
Maybe the pros here have an answer.

Does it spin alright by hand (relatively free of friction and noise)? Might take it apart and clean it thoroughly, just to make sure you have no debris in the rotors, and try it again.

If that doesn't help, I'd probably replace the motor, just to make sure. They're pretty inexpensive, and it'd be worth the peace of mind.

Of course, if it STILL acts up with a new motor, it might actually be the soldering or the ECB itself.

ProfessorStein said:
...make sure you have no debris in the rotors.

Thanks guys - debris it was - a small piece of leaf to be specific - fun to open the motors too. c-clips are evil

Corncrake

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl