Video Help - Do I get the P4P+ or not... This may help you

Nice review. Here's a couple more points.

The + model may not be for me if:
1. I want to wait for the larger CrystalSky 7.9" device. 2000nit might be even brighter. Coming in Feb.
2. Running third party apps (Litchi, Drone Deploy) are important.
3. I want the latest rev GO4 app. Seems DJI is slow about updating GO4 in the Android device, as compared to 2 revs already released in GO4 for iOS.

1. I want to wait for the larger CrystalSky 7.9" device. 2000nit might be even brighter. Coming in Feb.
3. I want the latest rev GO4 app. Seems DJI is slow about updating GO4 in the Android device, as compared to 2 revs already released in GO4 for iOS.

Thank you,

With the CrystalSky being twice as bright (in specs) than the P4P+ controller, that would be icing on the cake. I just hope the price is not through the roof.

As for 3rd party Apps.... I can see DJI opening both the P4P+ controller and the CrystalSky controller to this in the future (within next 3 to 6 months perhaps).

I would guess that the GO4 App would be identical on the P4P+ & CrystalSky if flying the same drone, just like it is now on phones/tablets. What I believe will be of interest on the CrystalSky is that it may include a SIM card option, since that is already built into the Android software and DJI did not take it out (like they took out so many other options). Also, since the CrystalSky is designed to work with the Phantom 3 Professional, Mavic Pro, Phantom 4 Pro, Inspires 1 & 2, it may then have the option to change communication systems. The P4P+ currently can not connect to the MAVIC PRO (I've tried it), and it only has the option for Lightbridge.

Have we determine the price for this new display?

How do you know Crystal Sky will be coming in Feb?

This seems to be a popular question of late. I put together a quick video to help potential new buyers with the question of.... Do I buy the Phantom 4 Pro+ or just the Phantom 4 Pro?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Thanks very informative!

Thank you,

With the CrystalSky being twice as bright (in specs) than the P4P+ controller, that would be icing on the cake.

The P4P+ currently can not connect to the MAVIC PRO (I've tried it), and it only has the option for Lightbridge.

If you have P4P+, the CrystalSky won't be compatible with it either. The 5.5" display is too integrated to be switched to the 7.9" CrystalSky. That's one reason I'm holding off, waiting until all this gets sorted out. Although the P4P+ display is crazy bright, which is very useful, it's just not big enough to be happy, long term.

I expect the P5 to offer an integrated 8" high bright display option (P5P+) when released. Seems only logical.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31