Video from "injured" P3A, feedback wanted

Reaction score
Hi All...Here is my second real try editing videos. I am just using iMovie (can you tell ;)). This was with my "injured" P3A. I couldn't see what I was recording because of an earlier crash and wires got messed up going from gimbal to inside the aircraft. I think I also had a setting or two wrong (you can when I move left and right). Luckily I was just able to fix my P3A with part #42...Schwooo!!! ($14-nice!!!). My wife followed me around with camcorder recording everything to try and get some sound and other shots. For with how new I am at flying, recording, editing, etc., I must say I was pretty happy with outcome of video. All the families we camped with thought it was pretty cool also. I will say it is a bit long, but was really just created/intended to show to all the families that we camping with us. Watch after the credits also...Enjoy!!

Anyway...hoping to get better at flying, recording and editing....any tips you can give me would be great.
Thanks
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I wasn't going to say anything but someone real needs to so I guess it will be me.
PLEASE use a "worst case scenario" mindset when flying your phantom in the future. You already have damaged your $1000 toy once and luckily no-one else got hurt. It is NOT COOL to fly into or over a bunch of people no matter how much they seem to enjoy it. Flying under the trees like that could result in an instant drop in GPS control and, in the end, an inability to keep the UAV from flying into a kid who will get gashed up like a summer sausage at a picnic. Try to keep a 50-100 ft minimum from people. I understand that in the UK it is a 50 Meter minimum or else you can be fined.
I'm sorry if this seems like some nasty old man yelling at you but it needs to be said.
You are a representative of our hobby and a protector of our rights to fly. Unless you take that seriously and use your best common sense, someday the TV news may be reporting that a drone flown by you gouged the eyes out of a 4 month old child.
That's what I mean by a "worst case scenario" mindset.
All the best, seriously.
I personally would have loved to see some video from the area around the campground.
Good Luck, good flights and clear skies.

I wasn't going to say anything but someone real needs to so I guess it will be me.
PLEASE use a "worst case scenario" mindset when flying your phantom in the future. You already have damaged your $1000 toy once and luckily no-one else got hurt. It is NOT COOL to fly into or over a bunch of people no matter how much they seem to enjoy it. Flying under the trees like that could result in an instant drop in GPS control and, in the end, an inability to keep the UAV from flying into a kid who will get gashed up like a summer sausage at a picnic. Try to keep a 50-100 ft minimum from people. I understand that in the UK it is a 50 Meter minimum or else you can be fined.
I'm sorry if this seems like some nasty old man yelling at you but it needs to be said.
You are a representative of our hobby and a protector of our rights to fly. Unless you take that seriously and use your best common sense, someday the TV news may be reporting that a drone flown by you gouged the eyes out of a 4 month old child.
That's what I mean by a "worst case scenario" mindset.
All the best, seriously.
I personally would have loved to see some video from the area around the campground.
Good Luck, good flights and clear skies.
Hi Jeff48920...certainly not what I was expecting, but thank you. I obviously did not think about what you have said...but certainly will in the future.

Reactions: Jeff48920
Hi Jeff48920...certainly not what I was expecting, but thank you. I obviously did not think about what you have said...but certainly will in the future.

Don't worry about jeff48920 enjoy your new toy within reason.
If every body had his view there would be no skydiving or skiing or mountain climbing
its just to dangerous
well guess what danger is part of life! And if your not out of your protective bubble then your not really living
Do I think you should hover 3 ft from a person well maybe not ( Have I done it yes)
But Im willing to take the risk and pay the price if it goes bad
Chances are slim it will, but yes it can. But a plane could drop out of the sky and hit me to, yet I leave my house every day

Fly on my friend;)

Reactions: louforgiveno
Well ,I liked it.:D
And I think you did a good job with the Imovie.(but this is coming from someone that cant figure out editing in general :mad:)

How did you use the Imagine Dragons music and not get busted by the YouTube police? Mine got yanked because of copyright issues.

Reactions: dalebb
With keeping safety in mind Jeff has made valuable points. Everyone starts somewhere with this hobby and learns with each moment they control the aircraft. Introducing the young and old to this technology is both exciting and fun and does indeed bring responsibility into view. Your video is entertaining and fun while building a lifetime of memories. Enjoy and good luck!

If every body had his view there would be no skydiving or skiing or mountain climbing
its just to dangerous
well guess what danger is part of life! And if your not out of your protective bubble then your not really living
Do I think you should hover 3 ft from a person well maybe not ( Have I done it yes)
Chances are slim it will, but yes it can. But a plane could drop out of the sky and hit me to, yet I leave my house every day

Fly on my friend;)

As a former skier, motorcyclist, rock climber, and auto racer, I am afraid you misunderstand my advice to the OP. If he wants to risk his toy or even his other property and skin that is his business and I will defend his right to do so. However when he puts others at risk physically and additionally risks putting an entire hobby's reputation that is a different story.

I hope you and the OP understand I am not anti adrenalin, if I were I would be laying in front of the TV instead of flying a $1300 toy and hiking out to get the shots. I just want us all to be responsible before someone else tells us what we can and can't do. We have already lost overflights of National Parks they can just as easily take away more free fly zones.

Good luck to you and enjoy your flying. It's a great hobby with a great bunch of guys and women involved.

How did you use the Imagine Dragons music and not get busted by the YouTube police? Mine got yanked because of copyright issues.
Not sure on the Imagine Dragons...when in iMovie there was the option to find songs we have purchased in iTunes...maybe since we purchased? Maybe I haven't been "busted" yet? Again...still learning all this...

Not sure on the Imagine Dragons...when in iMovie there was the option to find songs we have purchased in iTunes..

I used a Blake Shelton song from iTunes a year ago for a wedding video I produced. After about a month, it was removed from YouTube. I figured that since I bought it, it would be fine. Later, I tried to upload a video to Facebook and it was removed before it was published due to copyright issues with the music. I now create my own music for most of my videos.

Reactions: dalebb and klmsnebe
As a former skier, motorcyclist, rock climber, and auto racer, I am afraid you misunderstand my advice to the OP. If he wants to risk his toy or even his other property and skin that is his business and I will defend his right to do so. However when he puts others at risk physically and additionally risks putting an entire hobby's reputation that is a different story.

I hope you and the OP understand I am not anti adrenalin, if I were I would be laying in front of the TV instead of flying a $1300 toy and hiking out to get the shots. I just want us all to be responsible before someone else tells us what we can and can't do. We have already lost overflights of National Parks they can just as easily take away more free fly zones.

Good luck to you and enjoy your flying. It's a great hobby with a great bunch of guys and women involved.

Yes but we did not lose our nation park flying because of any wrong doing by any drone pilot
we lost it because of whiney liberals not wanting the peace and quite invaded in the park.
Yet they drag there 50ft trailer into the park take out the boom box and motorcycle and party all night
yet My 2 lb drone is bothering them
By they way I put others at risk every time I get behind the wheel, I could pass out or blow a tire and crash into you
or on my boat I could break a steering cable or throttle cable and crash into a beach full of people.
You cant stop doing things just because something may happen.
I have over 250 flights on 3 phantoms and have had no problems ever does that mean nothing ever will no
but its a calculated risk I will take.
like this one.

It's actually at the bands discretion to monetize or remove your video due to the soundtrack, not YouTube. That's why in some cases it takes months, because YouTube is waiting for a response.

That's why I don't upload songs from corporate main stream media. They're all copyright and money hungry. The smart bands and "small-time" but good bands actually enjoy you using theyre content because it's more exposure and they can monetize the videos and benefit from them.

So stop supporting main stream media! Revolt! Lol jk. But seriously.

I used a Blake Shelton song from iTunes a year ago for a wedding video I produced. After about a month, it was removed from YouTube. I figured that since I bought it, it would be fine. Later, I tried to upload a video to Facebook and it was removed before it was published due to copyright issues with the music. I now create my own music for most of my videos.
Usually if you accept that you used copyright material in video manager on utube it will stay they just put adds on it . I did have on removed one time that I used a/c d/c thunderstuck not sure why that one got hit and never another

its just to dangerous

Fly on my friend;)
Seem like a very selfish attitude to have, your willing to take the risk on hurting someone ELSE with no problem, I guess what they want doesn't matter, a very cavalier way to look at things. If you decide to expose yourself to danger then fine, your choice, and you pay the price if it goes south. But to intentionally expose others to danger thru your actions with the attitude that 'that's life' will not only injure someone but get you a big fat lawsuit. I just don't understand the mindset that allows someone to think this is OK.

Reactions: snerd
Seem like a very selfish attitude to have, your willing to take the risk on hurting someone ELSE with no problem, I guess what they want doesn't matter, a very cavalier way to look at things. If you decide to expose yourself to danger then fine, your choice, and you pay the price if it goes south. But to intentionally expose others to danger thru your actions with the attitude that 'that's life' will not only injure someone but get you a big fat lawsuit. I just don't understand the mindset that allows someone to think this is OK.
I don't feel i'm endangering anyone any more than you are when you get in your 2000 lb car and drive 70mph down the road
But If @#it happen then That's why I have a 5 million dollar umbrella policy
Live life to its fullest :D

Hi All...Here is my second real try editing videos. I am just using iMovie (can you tell ;)). This was with my "injured" P3A. I couldn't see what I was recording because of an earlier crash and wires got messed up going from gimbal to inside the aircraft. I think I also had a setting or two wrong (you can when I move left and right). Luckily I was just able to fix my P3A with part #42...Schwooo!!! ($14-nice!!!). My wife followed me around with camcorder recording everything to try and get some sound and other shots. For with how new I am at flying, recording, editing, etc., I must say I was pretty happy with outcome of video. All the families we camped with thought it was pretty cool also. I will say it is a bit long, but was really just created/intended to show to all the families that we camping with us. Watch after the credits also...Enjoy!!

Anyway...hoping to get better at flying, recording and editing....any tips you can give me would be great.
Thanks
I loved it. Looks like you and all had a good time. Gotta love " the only difference between boys and men are the price of their toys".

Oh wait I see now your from California the sue me state:eek:
Everyone there is always looking to push there wants on everyone else or I sue you.
See that is why the rest of the country is hoping for the big one
Maybe Calif will just drift away with all its liberal control

Oh wait I see now your from California the sue me state:eek:
Everyone there is always looking to push there wants on everyone else or I sue you.
See that is why the rest of the country is hoping for the big one
Maybe Calif will just drift away with all its liberal control
Wait, I live in Cali, but I have a pontoon boat, I can wade it out.

Reactions: skyhighdiver

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic