Video files properties

Reaction score
I am fairly new and still a lot to learn but have been reading heaps here. I often come across video settings talking about quality of 720, 1080 or 2.7k. Whilst I can find these settings on my drone camera and change them I can't work out how to find out which setting a file on my computer was shot in. Windows 10 laptop using the basic file explorer the details pane doesn't have these numbers nor can I find them in the right click Properties. Is there a way to find this out?

Also, is there a way to find out what altitude you were at when a video was taken?

I am fairly new and still a lot to learn but have been reading heaps here. I often come across video settings talking about quality of 720, 1080 or 2.7k. Whilst I can find these settings on my drone camera and change them I can't work out how to find out which setting a file on my computer was shot in. Windows 10 laptop using the basic file explorer the details pane doesn't have these numbers nor can I find them in the right click Properties. Is there a way to find this out?

Also, is there a way to find out what altitude you were at when a video was taken?

You'll need to use some video editing software to see what quality your video is.

For example iMovies tells you when you export your file which qualitys you can use.

As for altitude you were at when taking video no. Unless you check your flight log in the app and or record your phone screen.

Right click. Properties. Details. Frame width. Says 2704 on mine. 2704 = 2.7k.
Some of mine say Frame Width 2704 and Frame Height 1520 and newer ones say W1920/H1080. I know the current setting on my camera is 1080 but I don't recall ever changing it. Also don't get why it's the width measurement for the 2.7k and height measurement for the 1080 which is what had me confused. Thanks

Thanks Dazzauk, will take a look via some of my editors. I didn't really think I'd be able to see altitude but I'm a slow learner/finder so thought I'd ask.

To add, if you're shooting in 2.7k, buy a better SD card than the one that comes with the p3s as it can't write faster enough.
You should be using one with a u3 rating. They're cheap these days.

Reactions: miskairal
To add, if you're shooting in 2.7k, buy a better SD card than the one that comes with the p3s as it can't write faster enough.
You should be using one with a u3 rating. They're cheap these days.

Yeah. I think the one they give you is just supposed to get you going on Christmas morning and last until the stores open back up on Dec 26th, so that you can buy a real one. LOL

Reactions: miskairal

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic