Video feed keeps freezing

Been looking over your problem - could it be that the camera/gimbal ribbon is damaged somehow? I was waiting to see if the new WiFi module would make a difference but obviously it didn't. Sorry to hear that man - you must be frustrated as hell - I would be & truly have been with my own P2V+ problems.
Like Karanba says:-
"Ask those guys in DJI support what else you should try. I mean that is a disgrace for them, almost 50% of all Vision+ are not working right."
Best of luck

Thanks man for the help. I have checked the camera and ribbon cable but i'm fairly certain it doesn't affect the transmission of video since the video records just fine. My next move will be to involve customer support. I choose this route hatefully, I hate customer support and know DJI support will most certainly only end in cursing and hate lol

Well I think that video recording has nothing to do with video transmission. I could see GoPro FPV only by powering it ON, without pressing revord button.

Try to start it and leave it for like 1-2min, I got it few times like that, it needs some time to start. From start I got Connection Broken and all other s**t but after 1-2 min everyting connects and works.

Well I think that video recording has nothing to do with video transmission. I could see GoPro FPV only by powering it ON, without pressing revord button.

Try to start it and leave it for like 1-2min, I got it few times like that, it needs some time to start. From start I got Connection Broken and all other s**t but after 1-2 min everyting connects and works.

Just an update on the Litchi App & progress ( If I call it that ) Went out today to fly Using the dji App & FPV Booster - I must have tried 3-4 times powering up but the screen wouldn't come up until around the 5th time then it was just a frozen image.
I kept rebooting until eventually I get screen in LOWEST resolution - which has always pissed me off as I have my 2.4Ghz system boosted by amp & have the Itelite panel fitted too so should get much better resolution but I don't AND never have. I used to get great resolution for 30 feet but what's the use of that?!!!!
I have a camera/gimbal arriving next week - not sure if it will solve my problem but we'll see - it's gonna be coming anyway for my backup P2V+ which crashed ( see earlier post )
The Litchi App did finally kick in but although it works it still only boots up in lowest resolution & signal is lost way before the dji App.
My question is at this point " Anyone think my problem is the WiFi Module almost fried?" Because I can eventually get the video up on screen but it takes ages & then reviewing video afterwards a lot if it is pixellated & unwatchable. I flew 2000' today on my last run to see if I could keep FPV but again ONLY lowest resolution & I used to get 8000' in the same area - ok it was on low resolution too but now only 2000' & RTH kicks in?
I am stumped!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Frustration is not the word & dji are nowhere to be seen since they are now marketting P3 series.......................sux!
Guys I know it appears that I am still flying - but it took me 1/2 hour to get up the FPV & I lose it in flight to a blue pixellated screen - still feel it is the WiFi module................EXPENSIVE!

Last edited:
Yea I think it is WiFi module whos price is literally shameless ! Try to ask some friend with good WiFi if you can swap them and try if it will work ok then. There is no other way to see. I got it like every 10th time and then it freezes on 50cm distance. But it should have telemetry and it freezes everthing, something is not normal there. When the FPV part is bad we should have normal telemetry on full distance.

Try to spray those cables and antenna cables with contact spray.

I have installed other module with holes now from crashed Phantom, seems to be working in house, havent flown yet, tbh I am avoiding to go and fly because I think it will still have problems so I really understand you completely regarding dissapointment.

DJI should get proper competition from GoPro or some other company and I hope they will go bancrupt. Coz their way of ignoring owners AFTER they unload 1000+ $ for the Phantom is shameless, it is not a car for 1000$ but a plastic toy. Especially when they reveal new version every 6 months and dont give a flying phuck about all of us who have the model that was latest 6 months ago.

Yea I think it is WiFi module whos price is literally shameless ! Try to ask some friend with good WiFi if you can swap them and try if it will work ok then. There is no other way to see. I got it like every 10th time and then it freezes on 50cm distance. But it should have telemetry and it freezes everthing, something is not normal there. When the FPV part is bad we should have normal telemetry on full distance.

Try to spray those cables and antenna cables with contact spray.

I have installed other module with holes now from crashed Phantom, seems to be working in house, havent flown yet, tbh I am avoiding to go and fly because I think it will still have problems so I really understand you completely regarding dissapointment.

DJI should get proper competition from GoPro or some other company and I hope they will go bancrupt. Coz their way of ignoring owners AFTER they unload 1000+ $ for the Phantom is shameless, it is not a car for 1000$ but a plastic toy. Especially when they reveal new version every 6 months and dont give a flying phuck about all of us who have the model that was latest 6 months ago.

Yep my thoughts exactly with regards to dji & after sales service......they should be all over this site giving advice but there you go!
That price of a new WiFi module is absolutely ridiculous - now that the P2V+ has been superseded by the P3 series it should be dirt cheap.
I'm in Belize & the only guy I know flying P2V+ - no chance on getting a WiFi module - just have to bite the bullet & shell out for a new unit & hope for the best............again SUX!
So since you fitted the new WiFi module yours is working fine & booting up with FPV screen straight away NO problem? That would be great if you have solved the problem - where would I best get a new / 2nd hand workable VENTED WiFi module man?

See classifieds on all forums and also some crashed Phantoms, maybe you can find one with good wifi and you sell the rest to someone else.

I am not telling that I silved the problem but with that WiFi I have 3/3 cases of it working inside the house. Even though first time it gave same Connection broken for like 30sec and then it started to act normal.

Sad thing is that when you buy cheap FPV set from Ebay it works for years and DJI is not capable to make it to work with no problems for astronomical price. They actually want you to diss that and buy new P3. Then in 6 months when you have a crash they want like 1500$ for parts or buy new P4. Not in my house, think this is my first and last DJI toy if the part orices dont go on normal level. Cant wait to see if GoPro will have something in Phantom price range.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20