video feed bad

Reaction score
well after over a year of flying and all going fairly smooth all of a sudden the video feed is garbage . can't hardly film anything as it's constantly freezing up and green screen . the one time i really needed it the camera and drone failed me . maybe it's the area last year here it was great . This year it's horrible i know there was strong wi fi interference . so i will try down the road and see if it gets better . also had more false no-fly zone warnings pop up . getting frustrated with this drone and may just sale it all and be done with it . all up to date on firm ware everything checks out great except the video feed is junk . had my grandkids out on a boat with a tube they were being pulled around and i was on shore trying to get some good footage and maybe on the sd card i got some but it was hard when you can't see what your filming . rant over thanks

This year it's horrible i know there was strong wi fi interference .
This should not be a big issue with a P4. I highly suggest you try a faster device with more RAM. The GO updates really eat that up these days.

This should not be a big issue with a P4. I highly suggest you try a faster device with more RAM. The GO updates really eat that up these days.
have used the 64g ipad mini 4 since day one with out issues . buying a new device is not the answer nor is it the problem the last up date was months ago and has flown great until yesterday and video feed was also great until yesterday . has to be interference are at least that's where i'm leaning won't knoe till i take the drone down the road away from the rv park i stay at for the summer in the west yellowstone area . also still getting false NFZ warnings .

I agree with you. I didn't used to have a problem with my ipad mini 2 16gb and now all of the sudden i can't hardly complete a flight without serious problems. Seems to start out fine but as I get off the ground and the ipad heats up i get bad green screen. It doesn't get that hot either and I even tried to cool it off with a cold compress but that didn't help. I am looking at getting a new device but not sure which one will not give the same results. Looking for suggestions on which device to get.
FYI, my mini only has one app on it and it's the DJI app. I have made all the settings changes according to the recommendations on this site.

I agree with you. I didn't used to have a problem with my ipad mini 2 16gb and now all of the sudden i can't hardly complete a flight without serious problems. Seems to start out fine but as I get off the ground and the ipad heats up i get bad green screen. It doesn't get that hot either and I even tried to cool it off with a cold compress but that didn't help. I am looking at getting a new device but not sure which one will not give the same results. Looking for suggestions on which device to get.
FYI, my mini only has one app on it and it's the DJI app. I have made all the settings changes according to the recommendations on this site.
my mini 4 doesn't get hot at all never did not even warm . i will have to go to an area without interference . not about to spends hundreds on a new device on a whim . still don't think it's the i-pad .

See these two threads, they both relate to the same issue and same answer.
iPad Screen Goes Green

Latest update. Flashing green screen & weak signal.
now explain why it worked great for over a year and just this last flight not ? if the i-pad 4 did not have enough ram then it would have been an issue from day one not day 465 . also since the last up-date no issues until yesterday . doesn't make sense to just blame the i-pad all of a sudden when there is an issue . the i-pad has nothing to do with the false NFZ warnings i also got . will report back once i head down the road away from all wi fi interference . the GO app is only taking up 2.64 gb i don't film in 4k and nothing has changed from last month when there were no issues . Thanks for your advice though and will report what happens at different location

now explain why it worked great for over a year and just this last flight not ? if the i-pad 4 did not have enough ram then it would have been an issue from day one not day 465 . also since the last up-date no issues until yesterday . doesn't make sense to just blame the i-pad all of a sudden when there is an issue . the i-pad has nothing to do with the false NFZ warnings i also got .
Then I would suggest that you upload the flight logs. Better yet the aircraft .dat files. We may be able to confirm a signal issue that way. Most of the time this seems to be a device issue, however you can't rule out a TX/RX issue. Without seeing the logs, it is just a guess.

Then I would suggest that you upload the flight logs. Better yet the aircraft .dat files. We may be able to confirm a signal issue that way. Most of the time this seems to be a device issue, however you can't rule out a TX/RX issue. Without seeing the logs, it is just a guess.
did a flight this morning same area from same spot all went good . i really think it was wi-fi interference as this morning i got no strong wi-fi warnings . it was just the time of day that i flew seems everbody in the park had their wi-fi on . also picked another channel .. had it on auto select but found a better channel that wasn't crowded .
just makes me crazy when i really wanted to get some filming done it was bad and now the flight this morning was with out hick-ups . no NFZ warnings . No strong wi-fi interference warnings . etc . Glad i didn't go out and waste my money on another device without further testing . It's been a year since i've done a calibration of an kind so i will do that later today . just because . Thanks for the help . will try and download both flight logs from when it was bad and today when it was good .

Glad i didn't go out and waste my money on another device without further testing . It's been a year since i've done a calibration of an kind so i will do that later today . just because .
Wi-Fi should not interfere with a P4, although it is possible, but not likely. Since you seemed to have at least temporarily rectified the issue, no need to bother with the logs or the calibration quite honestly at this point. I find it quite odd that you would have that much interference, although I grant you as I said, it is possible, but not probable.

Wi-Fi should not interfere with a P4, although it is possible, but not likely. Since you seemed to have at least temporarily rectified the issue, no need to bother with the logs or the calibration quite honestly at this point. I find it quite odd that you would have that much interference, although I grant you as I said, it is possible, but not probable.
you confuse me with your posts . Why would the GO program put up a warning about wi-fi interference if it could not be an issue ? I'm in a campground and it seems just about everybody plus the park has a wi-fi carrier . the signals are broadcast through the campground . Now is Sunday morning and many are pulling up stakes which is why i believe the interference is less today . the answers i got were you need a new device . none of the other posts on green screen as come back with the new device fixed the issue. but it seems to be the common answer . can't be the drone or controller it's the device without real facts to suggest it is the device . when something works for over a year and then issues arise there is something else gong on . i was even thinking the USB cable that was going to be my next move is issues persisted

Brought an iPad Pro home from work and had 0 problems with it.

Hooked the ipad mini 2 up and promptly got the "Device CPU fully loaded. Related performance will be affected" and a quick green screen. The message just blipped long enough for me to read it and disappeared. I had to look it up because I didn't remember exactly what it said since it's appearance was so quick. Afterwards, I had no problems with the feed.

I am flying in the same place. Today it was overcast with very high ceiling and 80 degrees. The days I had problems there was bright sunlight and the temp was at least 95. I had erased the ipad and reinstalled the app and there were 0 other apps on it and I made the changes to the settings as indicated on the forum. Airplane mode was on. Going to continue working with the mini 2 for now. Will probably download Litchi. If I have anymore trouble I will repost.

Brought an iPad Pro home from work and had 0 problems with it.

Hooked the ipad mini 2 up and promptly got the "Device CPU fully loaded. Related performance will be affected" and a quick green screen. The message just blipped long enough for me to read it and disappeared. I had to look it up because I didn't remember exactly what it said since it's appearance was so quick. Afterwards, I had no problems with the feed.

I am flying in the same place. Today it was overcast with very high ceiling and 80 degrees. The days I had problems there was bright sunlight and the temp was at least 95. I had erased the ipad and reinstalled the app and there were 0 other apps on it and I made the changes to the settings as indicated on the forum. Airplane mode was on. Going to continue working with the mini 2 for now. Will probably download Litchi. If I have anymore trouble I will repost.
I haven't had CPU warnings . the fl;ight i did yesterday was fine same mini4 . i think it was wi-fi interference . sometimes i forget to put in airplane mode or turn off wi-fi on the i-pad . will fly tonight or tomorrow for more tests . the drone is flying better since i took off the low noise props . really need to come up with another name for those props . like the other props as low noise is not a correct description maybe fat props .

Hello,

I hope I am posting this on an appropriate thread. I have been flying the DJI Phantom 4 Pro for over a year now, and have suddenly developed an issue with the camera. It started with "image transmission" errors and bad photos/video. A couple of days later, the gimbal went limp and I got a message that said something about max gimbal angle reached. After restarting the drone, the gimbal seemed to be working again. When I got back to the office, I verified the latest firmware was installed. I also calibrated the IMU. Still no improvement. I noticed that when I am recording video, that the video gets very bad when I rotate the drone (yaw) right or left. It films just fine while flying straight.

I also use DroneDeploy to fly and capture nadir photos for aerial imagery. Some of the pictures have come out with the same kind of "bad" pattern that I've seen in the video.

Any ideas? Also, can anyone suggest a good repair shop in the San Antonio, TX area?

Equipment:

DJI Phantom 4 Pro, latest firmware and latest DJI GO app

DroneDeploy, latest app

iPad Pro 9.7, latest iOS, 32 GB, nothing installed except for the Apple apps that come with the device, DJI GO app, and DroneDeploy app.

MicroSD cards: 64 GB, high speed, blank, SanDisk and Lexar brands

I tried to attach a couple of photos, hope it worked. I cannot upload a video to You Tube because it is blocked by my employer.

Thanks in advance!!

Attachments

• DJI_Thur (736).JPG
    DJI_Thur (736).JPG
    7.4 MB · Views: 141
  • DJI_Thur (662).JPG
    DJI_Thur (662).JPG
    7.4 MB · Views: 133

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics