iPad Screen Goes Green

Reaction score
Hi, probably come up before - my ipad 4 screen goes green or blank during filming and playback on the ipad . Footage is fine on SD card. Didn't used to do this when I got the P4P and ipad about 9 months ago - any thoughts/ suggestions appreciated - thanks

Plenty of threads here about this: the mini 4 isn’t powerful enough for the amount of data being shoved into it. What you’re seeing is basically the CPU overheating and choking on all the processing of the data from the feed. Some here are still using the 4 ok but many of us had to upgrade to a iPad Pro or other tablets.

Plenty of threads here about this: the mini 4 isn’t powerful enough for the amount of data being shoved into it. What you’re seeing is basically the CPU overheating and choking on all the processing of the data from the feed. Some here are still using the 4 ok but many of us had to upgrade to a iPad Pro or other tablets.
Thanks for the info Ravedog. Any suggestions on suitable tablets asides the ipadpro?

I bought a used iPad Pro 9.7 for fairly cheap. It fits inside the RC holder and it’s amazing. No more issues plus it’s a pro so lots of other uses as well including great photo and video editing apps. I’m sure there are others here with opinions too. I’m a bit biased as I live in the Apple eco system so it wasn’t a hard choice.

Also the 9.7 fits in the cradle. The new iPad pros. The 10 and 12 do not without purchasing an extender for the holder. Surprisingly the weight is not an issue for me although it does look big.

Reactions: Sky Eye Images
I bought a used iPad Pro 9.7 for fairly cheap. It fits inside the RC holder and it’s amazing. No more issues plus it’s a pro so lots of other uses as well including great photo and video editing apps. I’m sure there are others here with opinions too. I’m a bit biased as I live in the Apple eco system so it wasn’t a hard choice.

Also the 9.7 fits in the cradle. The new iPad pros. The 10 and 12 do not without purchasing an extender for the holder. Surprisingly the weight is not an issue for me although it does look big.

does it matter if you get 32 or 126 gb?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik