Video and still image static noise

Reaction score
Hi all,

Recently picked up a near new P4 and would like to ask about a solution to an image quality issue that I am having. I have updated firmware on both aircraft and controller, have the latest version of the DJI Go app and a new IPad. Aircraft is flying really well - just a buggy image/video issue.

The problem I am having is with "electronic noise" or "snow" on the pictures and footage. Reminds me of trying to watch commercial TV back in the 70's and 80's when the picture wasn't tuned very well.

I can see the noise on the IPad screen and also when I view the files on the SD card on my PC. Attached are a couple of pictures showing the problem. The first one is a still shot and you can see white dots , more prevalent in the lower LHS. Second Pic is a screen shot from the video and you can really see the issue.

Originally I thought my card was not fast enough for 4K (it isn't) so reduced settings to 1080P HD and still an issue.

I have trawled through the internet looking for a solution but am yet to find one.

Anyone have any idea?

Attachments

• DJI_0016 (Copy).jpg
    DJI_0016 (Copy).jpg
    867.5 KB · Views: 824
  • screen shot video 1080P 120FPS (Copy).jpg
    screen shot video 1080P 120FPS (Copy).jpg
    171.1 KB · Views: 807
Recently picked up a near new P4 and would like to ask about a solution to an image quality issue that I am having. I have updated firmware on both aircraft and controller, have the latest version of the DJI Go app and a new IPad. Aircraft is flying really well - just a buggy image/video issue.
Is it on raw and jpg files?
Sorry ... I can't help much .. but I recognise that location. There's some outstanding scenery nearby.
759-776a-X3.jpg

Is it on raw and jpg files?
Sorry ... I can't help much .. but I recognise that location. There's some outstanding scenery nearby.
759-776a-X3.jpg
Great picture of the marina!

I was shooting on jpeg but I have seen a few recent threads on the DJI forum tonight with the exact same issue and some people are suggesting it is a firmware issue? When I got my P4 recently, there were some old videos on the SD card from the previous owner and they were really good quality without issue. As soon as I got the P4 I updated the firmware on the aircraft and the RC and now have this issue.

I have the same problem and it started after the latest update..
when i google the problem i seems to be a few people having the same problem after update....

Hi, looks exactly the same as some of my pics, I sent mine off to a local repair company who advised that the GCU was no good and they replaced the gimble and camera and fixed the problem. Now taking great pics and video. Might have been coincidental with firmware upgrade?

Hmmm. That looks pretty bad. Is your memory card a high write speed? There is a lot of data being written every second and if the card can’t handle it, sometimes you might get video like this

Hi,

If you have access to a spare gimbal ribbon cable try to test whether that is what causes the issue.

I have been able to resolve all video issues by replacing the ribbon cable. Not sure exactly why this part of the circuitry is so sensitive to ribbon cable degradation, but it seems to effect VIDEO only and not stills. Weird. I now test all my repairs in both modes in both the P4 and Pro/Adv. models.

Jim

Reactions: Drone Experts
Good thing that you resolved this the cheapest way. There are minds that would go ahead and buy a new gimbal :D

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4