Video and Camera Hazy

Reaction score
I recently acquired a Phantom 4 Pro V1 that needed repair due the gimbal flex cable needing replace since it wasn't detecting the camera. Once that was fixed I was able to get a image. When taking photos of things really close to the drone it seems to do fine. When up in the air taking photos or video it is so hazy that they are worthless. I have tried this in bright sunlight and in the evening when the sun is going down and the issue persists. I have tried working with the auto focus and manual focus and nothing works. The photos are not sharp they are so dull. I will try to include images so you can see what im talking about. Please help I got this thing for nothing and don't want to give up on it. Thanks.
DJI_0009.JPG
DJI_0004.JPG

Sounds like your drone had a previous crash. For one thing, those photos are very out of focus, which probably indicates that aside from the cable there was some internal damage to the camera. Just a guess.

Thanks for the reply. I know it was crashed, how bad idk. Do you think it’s worth fixing? If so do you know where I can get a replacement camera?

I've experienced recurring auto-focus problems with a number of P4Ps. I'll review my footage on a monitor, only to discover that the AF hasn't worked and the images are blurry. However, I've always been able to get the drone to focus on a subject (or infinity) by tapping on the screen while in AF-mode. Have you tried doing this soon after take-off? You say you've played around with the auto- and manual-focus, so I'm guessing you have - but I thought it might be worth mentioning. If this corrects your focus, you'll just have to remember to do it each time.

I think I found my issue. Whoever got into this an tried to fix it loved to use super glue. When I replaced the gimbal flex cable it was super glued into the main board. I was able to get that released and replace the cable and now I got the camera back. So looking today I seen that the cable that comes from the camera lens is superglued into the IMU because the tab that holds it was broken off. So I am going to order a new IMU even though mine is ok but missing the clip and then a new camera lens to see if that fixes it. See the pictures I attached. Im crossing my fingers this fixes it.

Attachments

• IMG_0317.jpeg
    IMG_0317.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 157
  • Screen Shot 2021-01-14 at 1.00.07 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-01-14 at 1.00.07 AM.png
    827.2 KB · Views: 144
Reactions: KachemakDiver
Focus is achieved by varying the distance between the lens and the Image sensor, controlled by the software tweaking this physical relationship. If the image lens distance cannot be changed due to damage this will cause a permanent focus problem. Changing cables is unlikely. To have anything to do with the problem.

Out gassing from the superglue will fog clear optics. It is permanent on plastic and will damage coatings on glass lenses.

Reactions: tribar
Without that locking tab, no way it will work correctly. Surpised you got any connection at all. I’ve replaced that tab on boards in the past but yours is toast. Believe you have solved it, including the new lens cap. ?

Reactions: mathiss02
So the parts I ordered fixed the issue and I’m taking awesome pictures. But a new issue has arose. The gimble is not centered and facing to the right. I guess I need to replace the ESC. It’s one thing after another I hope this fixes it for good.

So the parts I ordered fixed the issue and I’m taking awesome pictures. But a new issue has arose. The gimble is not centered and facing to the right. I guess I need to replace the ESC. It’s one thing after another I hope this fixes it for good.
Gimble can be adjusted manually in the app. Horizon and yaw.

Gimble can be adjusted manually in the app. Horizon and yaw.
I have tried that and it just keeps staying off to the right. I follow this guy on YouTube irepairmd and he has a video on this issue. I will get the part tomorrow I will update on how I make out.

I have tried that and it just keeps staying off to the right. I follow this guy on YouTube irepairmd and he has a video on this issue. I will get the part tomorrow I will update on how I make out.
The yaw can be forced past it’s stops. Sounds like yours went too far the wrong way at some point and will have to be forced back the other way. Pretty common. Take tiny steps to avoid damage. Should be YouTube on it somewhere.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20