Vibration absorbers/anti drop

Reaction score
Why does the P3 SE only have 2 anti drop pins/vibration absorbers installed? I installed the other 2 in mine also, is that bad? I just dont see why you would only install 2 when 4 are safer.

Why does the P3 SE only have 2 anti drop pins/vibration absorbers installed?
Only 2 come installed when buying any Phantom 3 model.

I installed the other 2 in mine also, is that bad?
The worst thing that'll happen is you might see "jello" (vibration) in your videos. If that happens, just remove two of the pins.

I just dont see why you would only install 2 when 4 are safer.
If you want to make it even safer, loosely install two plastic zip ties in the two holes that were empty -- like this:

P3-ZipTie.JPG

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
I guess I just thought that the gimbal could come off easier with only 2 pins installed instead of four. Or are the 4 corners not the actual attachment points?

Mine has two installed because that’s what the manual said.

I guess I just thought that the gimbal could come off easier with only 2 pins installed instead of four.
The gimbal would stay attached without any pins. The pins are just there to prevent the gimbal from detaching during an impact (like a hard landing). Since the pins make the setup more rigid, they could introduce jello if all four pins are installed.

If you really want to prevent the gimbal from detaching (like in a catastrophic crash), then you should use zip ties instead of two extra pins.

Reactions: Pharm

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor