Vibrating P3S

Reaction score
After start-up, liftoff and hover, my P3S vibrates slightly but noticeably (mild shaking) and it reflects in the video I shoot. As background the following.
  • It is an old drone but not damaged
  • Propeller blades smooth, clean and not damaged
  • It mostly occurs at lower speeds (rotations) of motors
  • When using Litchi to fly missions it is less obvious In the quality of the video (just mentioning - it may not be relevant)
Questions?
  1. Is it unrealistic to expect the P3S, considering physical and technological age to hover smoothly and not vibrate?
  2. If I upgrade to an affordable Mavic Air 2 will the problem go away?
  3. Can I do something to stabilize the drone more?

If ya want to indicate these balance then you can use a wooden or plastic toy car without any metal and put your Phantom on top of an even place of the car. Start the motors and have a closer look what happens with the car.

MA2 will solve your problem. Not the P3 problem. Please replace props first. The MA2 is a huge upgrade in a little package. P3 would make a nice backup.
Good luck, fly safe.

PS: without props on, spin the motors rapidly by finger to check for tight or rough movements. If one is noticeably different, it a likely cause. Might help make up your mind.

Buying a new drone just to solve a vibration problem is a bit drastic!!

As has been said, check the props first as these are the most likely cause of vibration. Also make sure they are firmly located on the motor shafts and that the motor shafts are not bent.

DJI GO or Litchi will make no difference to a vibration problem. Vibration is mechanical.

I'm flying a 2015 P3A and it's smooth, no vibration at all and video is therefore also smooth, but then I do check the prop balance periodically.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic