back after a long time with problems

Reaction score
So a few months ago I wrecked my p3 standard and didn't work on it since, I never even scoped out the crash video until today.
The shell was damaged and the gimble plus 1 prop and 1 landing gear leg. I bought a crashed p3s for parts.
I finished fixing it today minus the gimble and tried it out. It linked up with no problem and did fly. It was just a test so I didn't go more than 20 feet away and 10 feet up. I seem to remember it flying more smoothly before. There was no wind but the craft was flying like it was compensating for wind or turbulence. Motors did not seem to be running smoothly. I was not hooked up to any app though. Does anyone know if that could make the craft hover eratically? Please check out my video to see what I am talking about and let me know what you think.
Thanks

Why on earth are you flying so close to, well, earth?! Get up in the air, even if it is 10 feet. At the height you are flying you are getting turbulence coming back at you from the ground. I'm not saying you might not have another issue, but you will not be able to diagnose it like that.

Reactions: Billy Banana
It didn't look like you were more than three feet off the ground at most and like others said,no App,no GPS.Start the App and get it up even if you just let it hover for a little while will make a big difference..

thanks guys, more than anything the sound of the motors seems off, like they are not firing on all cylinders (i know the motors dont have cylinders)

I have the same issue with one I am rebuilding. It has nothing to do with how high I'm flying or the props. Props are new. I have had it up to 150 feet and does the same thing all the way up. Re-calibrated everything.
IMU, gimba. Joystick and compass. Any ideas?

Hum,
no app, no gps?
Please explain.

@Billy Banana
The app might tell you what is wrong.
You need to do a IMU calibration, ASAP.

Rod

Thanks Rod, I was having a hard time with the app and ran out of time. i hope to have more time in the next couple of days, will update soon

I'm using the App and have re calibrated everything. New Props (OEM) Flies but has oscillation.

I mean the motors are oscillating, changing speeds. Like it's trying to correct for something that is not happening.

I use the app, calibrated everything, new props(OEM). My only other thought is to down grade the firmware.

very odd, I dunno what that could be. I wonder if there is a problem with the unit that levels the craft making it compensate when it doesn't actually need to. That is what I think could be wrong with mine.

Let me know what you find out.

I've seen a lot of threads around the backing down the firmware. I'm going to try that.

Last edited:
Reactions: Billy Banana

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj