Vertical Studio - Looking for Beta Testers

Signing up - have attempted to do a couple of 'chase shoots' with my P3P and it is difficult to stay on target. So this is what I need. Looking forward to test IOS version

Last edited:
Reactions: Noodle
Signing up - have attempted to do a couple of 'chase shoots' with my P3P and it is difficult to say on target. So this is what I need. Looking forward to test IOS version

That looks pretty sweet! The thing I find harder than keeping a subject in the frame is doing it smoothly and repeatably. I think with Vertical Studio you'll be able to not only do more aggressive chase maneuvers, but also manage the camera in in a super slick and smooth way. We'll keep you posted about the iOS beta!

Thanks - in an environment like that with tracking in different directions wind is a factor - so not needing to worry about framing is a great plus - that being said - this was my 10th flight with my P3P - what a bird -VS will add to enjoyment -so looking forward to test

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Neil Mathew
Thanks - in an environment like that with tracking in different directions wind is a factor - so not needing to worry about framing is a great plus - that being said - this was my 10th flight with my P3P - what a bird -VS will add to enjoyment -so looking forward to test

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree. It's amazing how far the Phantoms have come since the original. How well does the GPS position hold work with that much wind ? Just curious because I've never tried filming boats.

Reactions: dmagnus
I thought it held up very good - do a lot of flying over water. Besides from worries of turning the Phantom into an underwater ROV - there are less obstacles. I've seen posts where posters think that water causes some interference... But I have never experienced that..

just signed up with iOS. live in switzerland and looking forward to test shots in the alps with skis/snowbourds and other wintersportevents in untouched environement. dan.

I thought it held up very good - do a lot of flying over water. Besides from worries of turning the Phantom into an underwater ROV - there are less obstacles. I've seen posts where posters think that water causes some interference... But I have never experienced that..

The water causes interferences ? You mean humidity or something else ? I think I remember the P3's being splash proof to some extent ?

Here's my first test with a P3P. It lost me for a few seconds and then re-acquired me again.
Good work guys. If the BETA is this good then looking forward to the full release.
Wish I had bought an Inspire 1 though. Would have been awesome not having to wait for the YAW to kick in

That's Awesome! I'm actually just happy you got past the installation and first flight! Was the getting started guide intuitive enough ? Is there something we can improve in the startup procedure ? Of course the UI design right now is very rudimentary and we'll be going through a proper design soon.

Interesting app. I still try to grasp how it works on a Phantom which doesn't have 360-degree swivel camera like in Inspire 1?

Good question. We control tilt on the gimbal and yaw on the drone itself. It's a slightly different way to control your Phantom - you have roll and pitch control but yaw is automated by the tracking. However, as soon as you control yaw with the RC you can override the app's control. You have to try to fully understand :)

Here's my first test with a P3P. It lost me for a few seconds and then re-acquired me again.
Good work guys. If the BETA is this good then looking forward to the full release.
Wish I had bought an Inspire 1 though. Would have been awesome not having to wait for the YAW to kick in
Thanks for the video, now I have a better idea on how it works.
One question: Why is there sound in your video? I can hear the soft hum of the Phantom as well as you grunting at the end :D

Good question. We control tilt on the gimbal and yaw on the drone itself. It's a slightly different way to control your Phantom - you have roll and pitch control but yaw is automated by the tracking. However, as soon as you control yaw with the RC you can override the app's control. You have to try to fully understand :)
Thanks for the explanation. I guess there are now plenty of people signed up for the beta testing, so I will just wait for the final product to be released before I purchase the app.

Looks very promisingly. Can't wait to give it a try on my I1 and P3P. I've just registered via webpage. Any chance to use it on this weekend? :)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj