Vertical Speed - Gaming with your Phantom (Ready for Beta)

Reaction score
Hi guys,

The Vertical Team is at it again. After the release of Vertical Studio, we are now launching our next product and we want let you guys in on it :)

What if you could play a game with your DJI Phantom ? Say….an FPV racing game ? We’ve always been obsessed with this idea and today, we’re introducing Vertical Speed.

Vertical Speed is the first virtual racing game for your DJI Phantom. Fly your drone through virtual rings and compete to finish the race in the shortest time possible. We’ve just opened up for beta testing and we’d love to have you guys play with it and see what you think of it. Here’s a video sneak preview.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

We’re now looking for early users to try and test the app. We’re only looking for 100 beta testers to start. So once we have a 100 signups we’ll close the beta. Here is the sign up form.

BETA SIGNUP FORM

Some of the conditions of this beta program are:
  1. It is only on Android
  2. You need access to a wide open space to fly
  3. You will need to fly fairly regularly
  4. We’ll take feedback on our forum at forum.vertical.ai
Important Note:
This is a beta program and comes with all the risks and benefits of trying a new app. Unlike Vertical Studio, Vertical Speed does not control your drone. It’s just a visualization. So the risks to your drone are minimal.

Reactions: StevenQX
It's all FPV flying so you know where you're headed :) And after the beta we will be incorporating the Walls geofence feature from Vertical Studio to make sure you stay within safe boundaries :)

I see more crash threads heading our way!
Also, the hope is newbie pilots can fly at a higher altitude. We ask for a safe altitude as the first question, so you don't go crashing into a tree. Those FPV Pilots have to fly so low to the ground because of the loops/flags!

Real life aerial sonic the hedgehog, but you go through rings instead of collecting them :)

As well as the walls you might want to consider a minimum altitude too, say 5m, I can just see someone trying to scoop a ring and hitting the ground along the way. Great idea. Let us know when there will be a IOS version for testing, I'm well up for it.

Reactions: Neil Mathew
I signed up..... But I will say that even before this would live, and even before beta, there should be a database driven website that displays numerous pilot data. Each person would have an account. There should be a Top 100 Flight data of various input. Such as, fastest time, highest score, ect, ect.... This type of setup enhances an app such as this one....and should be taken seriously. I can add more details but I'll stop here for now.

I signed up..... But I will say that even before this would live, and even before beta, there should be a database driven website that displays numerous pilot data. Each person would have an account. There should be a Top 100 Flight data of various input. Such as, fastest time, highest score, ect, ect.... This type of setup enhances an app such as this one....and should be taken seriously. I can add more details but I'll stop here for now.

Hey! We do have a worldwide leaderboard already in there :), it is tied to your Google account!

Reactions: Neil Mathew
As well as the walls you might want to consider a minimum altitude too, say 5m, I can just see someone trying to scoop a ring and hitting the ground along the way. Great idea. Let us know when there will be a IOS version for testing, I'm well up for it.
This time, you're up for beta testing for sure :) But please please try to get an Android device. We're going to have to build a whole new app for iOS so it's going to take time as you can imagine :)

You're totally right. We have a leaderboard within the app itself for now but it will need to get on the Website soon if this is grow.

Amazing idea and a great way to make phantoms even more fun. I love the creativity you guys have. You should be working for DJI with a huge salary and an unlimited budget. :D

Is it possible to change the altitude at which the rings appear?

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers