v1.11.30 FW

Reaction score
Does anyone have a copy of the v1.11.30 firmware for the P3 Advanced that will fix ESC errors?
Thanks

You can download FW here. Not sure if it will fix ESC errors. Be sure to use a fan, blowing on the gimbal area when you update FW.

Reactions: KachemakDiver
As REL says, unlike;y a firmware will fix ESC errors. You should be able to narrow it down by uploading the .DAT files from the internal memory card and see which ESC is giving the error message. It records every aspect of every flight.........

HERE ...... are the instructions on how to access the files.

Last edited:
Reactions: KachemakDiver
@cheddarman there is a story behind this.

In firmware 1.11.20 there was a fix in ESCs FW which enabled some additional checks the ESC Controllers do before allowing the motors on. These checks were inactive in older firmware, presumably due to a bug.

So new checks were enabled in FW 1.11.20, and some drones after updating to that version started giving "ESC Status Error".

Then a good soul from within DJI released an unofficial update, FW 1.11.30, which re-introduced the bug which makes these checks inactive.

If your drone is at 1.11.20, upgrading to unofficial version may "fix" the ESC Error.

And you may think - if any checks are failing, HW should be repaired, not the checks disabled, right? In general, yes, that's the proper way. But these checks were always disabled, meaning proper bounds for the parameters which the checks use were not verified on mass scale. And noone reported any failure attributed specifically to 1.11.30 update.

But it is better to just NOT UPDATE the firmware AT ALL! Leave it as is! Well, you may update to 1.05 if your version is older than that; if you update to any later version, you either get no benefit or will be disappointed by the changes.
And each update has considerable risk of failing and bricking your drone.

Reactions: mattias_swe
Thanks quaddamage, as you say, if it aint broke don't fix it. However, having said that I did update when I inherited my P3A from my son as the firmware was original and I wanted the additional features the later firmware gave me like Follow Me etc. and I've ended up at 1.11.20 and so far not had any problems!

Quando ligo meu p3 adv ele só apita, dd....dd.....dd..... e não inicia, pensei que era o firmware, mas quando tentei o 1.11.20 deu-me um erro, é 1.11 .30 poderia me ajudar?.,.,,. Onde eu posso?

@cheddarman there is a story behind this.

In firmware 1.11.20 there was a fix in ESCs FW which enabled some additional checks the ESC Controllers do before allowing the motors on. These checks were inactive in older firmware, presumably due to a bug.

So new checks were enabled in FW 1.11.20, and some drones after updating to that version started giving "ESC Status Error".

Then a good soul from within DJI released an unofficial update, FW 1.11.30, which re-introduced the bug which makes these checks inactive.

If your drone is at 1.11.20, upgrading to unofficial version may "fix" the ESC Error.

And you may think - if any checks are failing, HW should be repaired, not the checks disabled, right? In general, yes, that's the proper way. But these checks were always disabled, meaning proper bounds for the parameters which the checks use were not verified on mass scale. And noone reported any failure attributed specifically to 1.11.30 update.

But it is better to just NOT UPDATE the firmware AT ALL! Leave it as is! Well, you may update to 1.05 if your version is older than that; if you update to any later version, you either get no benefit or will be disappointed by the changes.
And each update has considerable risk of failing and bricking your drone.

Thanks for the explanation ! That explains why the firmware is only unofficial.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20